*Gasp* Another Newbie?!

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri August 20th, 2004, 1:36 pm

Normally I don't dig the newbie threads, but hey, you're only a newbie to a forum once! So what's up everyone, my name is Stephan, and \m/ rocks in Atl! At least, we're trying to make it that way, right? Some background on me: I'm about to be 20, been a huge metal fan for a long time, and usually hit all the great shows around Atlanta. I'm a student at GA State and music major there, play guitar, intern in various industry offices downtown and play in a hardcore/progressive band.

This totally kicks ass I found forum, and WREKage for that matter. I've known about the show, but for some reason it slid to the dark shadowy parts of my brain that I don't use much. Anyways, you'll prolly be seeing and hearing a lot of me in the future!

Btw, anyone going to ProgPower? I'm much more of a Death/Black/Hardcore fan than Power or Prog, but I grew up listening to stuff like Pain of Salvation and Dream Theater, so I def can't miss this show (tho Savatage doesn't really do anything for me). I've got friends coming from PA and FL staying with me for the show, so at worst it will be a great weekend partying in Atlanta with metalheads from all over the country and the guys from Scandinavia (most of the bands).

..stephan

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri August 20th, 2004, 1:39 pm

Welcome!

Being a GaState student you should also know about their metal show on Monday nights - "We're not gonna take it". 88.5FM @ 10pm. Maybe get involved. I've been trying to get the current host more involved in the online community but he's been "busy"...

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri August 20th, 2004, 2:01 pm

Yeah, I try to listen to that show whenever I can. Hopefully some time in the near future I'll be working a lot more with WRAS, hopefully adding what I know about stuff like old-school prog to one of the specialty shows - a good friend is the APD, so we'll see ;-)

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri August 20th, 2004, 2:11 pm

If it's anything like working for WREKage you're in for a treat.

Oh, and welcome!

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue August 24th, 2004, 4:44 am

Welcome aboard! I'll be at ProgPower, inasmuch as I'm also the band-sponsor for one of the bands you grew up with......
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Wed August 25th, 2004, 2:00 am

welcome!!
play your gloom axe

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Wed September 1st, 2004, 12:16 pm

Is 88.5 streaming? I wanna check out their show , if they are. I am all the way up in Ellijay , near Blue Ridge or Jasper. Kinda hard for me to pick up anything worth a shit. :sm0k3:

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed September 1st, 2004, 12:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-soulvoid+Sep 1 2004, 01:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soulvoid @ Sep 1 2004, 01:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Is 88.5 streaming? I wanna check out their show , if they are. I am all the way up in Ellijay , near Blue Ridge or Jasper. Kinda hard for me to pick up anything worth a shit. :sm0k3: [/quote]
No - they don't stream but they are 100,000watts - maybe you can pick it up with a good antena on a good night...

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri September 10th, 2004, 5:08 am

He should be able to. I was getting WREK just south of Ellijay and Album 88 has us beat, with over double our output power.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM