Helstar

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

TheKshatriya

Helstar

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri June 2nd, 2006, 12:50 am

This band never really blew up like they should have; I dont really get why. Nosferatu is one of the best metal albums ever in my opinion.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat June 3rd, 2006, 4:15 pm

goooood shiit indeed nealipoo, the first 3 before that album are just as good

Zane

Re: Helstar

Post by Zane » Wed June 7th, 2006, 6:42 pm

TheKshatriya wrote:This band never really blew up like they should have; I dont really get why. Nosferatu is one of the best metal albums ever in my opinion.

I was the lead singer for a band called Cauldron Born back in 2001 and we played two festivals with Helstar, The Classic Metal Fest in Kalamazoo , Mich, and the final Powermad fest in Baltimore. They were astoundingingly tight and JamesRivera kicks ass live. Plus, they were cool to everyone who wanted pics or autographs. They wer eon tour with Steel Prophet at the time and the gigs were a one off type thing just for metal's sake really. You really ought to check out Manilla Raod, they played as well and are one of my all time favorite bands.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed June 7th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Cauldron Born are fucking awesome.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed June 7th, 2006, 7:04 pm

necroodin wrote:Cauldron Born are fucking awesome.

fuck yeah they were

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Thu June 8th, 2006, 3:29 am

I talk to Howie now and then, I wish I could see him more though, hes always been a good friend. Howie and Cauldron Born is definitely a band that changed my life. I wish Cauldron Born could have worked out a little bit longer. I would have loved to see CB one more time.

I never got into Manilla Road, something about the vocals that turned me off, but I might check them out again, its been probably 4 years since ive listened to them.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri June 16th, 2006, 2:29 am

I listened to Manilla Road again, and I like them. Theyre definitely not what I remembered. Epic metal!

Zane

Post by Zane » Sat June 17th, 2006, 2:18 pm

TheKshatriya wrote:I listened to Manilla Road again, and I like them. Theyre definitely not what I remembered. Epic metal!

the highlight of the Powermad fest for me was when after our Cauldron Born set, Mark Shelton came up to me, exchanged a biker style man hugg and told me how cool he thought the set was and that my vocals were great. I look up to those guys so it was definitley meaningful.