quasi-WREKage during the week

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed August 25th, 2004, 7:41 pm

In case you're looking for something on the radio to hold you over between fridays, Daniel, Holly, and I all have regular rock shifts we have to do during the week besides hosting WREKage. Mine is on Wednesdays from 2:00-4:00, Holly's shift is sometime on tuesday, and Daniel's is sometime on thursday. Hopefully they'll see this and add in what time they're on.

Granted, we can't play stuff from the WREKage library since we have to stay in the format of the show we're doing, but there is some surprisingly heavy stuff we are allowed to play. This Wednesday I was able to play stuff from bands like Neurosis, Glass Casket, Mastodon, Ministry, and The End among others, and there's a fairly good sized amount of good heavy rock stuff we have in rotation right now too. The trick is finding it amongst all the typical whiny indie-rock crap you'd expect to hear on the station on weekdays.

This applies especially to those of you wanting to hear stoner-type metal on WREKage - you're more likely to find it lumped into the rock category by the station, and I'm more likely to find it and play it on wednesdays than I am on fridays. Example - there's a band called Pelican that plays some pretty kick ass grungy stoner metal type stuff that's in the rock rotation that I've played the past two weeks.

If you want you can go to <a href='http://www.wrek.org/stream/schedule.shtml' target='_blank'>http://www.wrek.org/stream/schedule.shtml</a> and find the Rock, Rhythm, and Roll show for wednesday to see what's playing from me during the week, or check tuesday's or thursday's shows for stuff from the other hosts. You may have to skip around a bit to find something you like, but I guarantee you it's better than anything else you'd be hearing on the radio at that time of day.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Wed August 25th, 2004, 9:09 pm

My shift is from 12-2 on Thursdays. The noon slot is Radionation, public affairs programming that focuses on politics. The last hour, 1-2, is blue plate special. I really don't play any rock at all. I didn't care what kind of shift I have, I just have one because they tell me I'm supposed to have one. :wh4cky:

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Thu August 26th, 2004, 1:20 am

i might just have to start listening during the week then...at least for you guys anyways
play your gloom axe

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri August 27th, 2004, 12:59 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Fn Dan+Aug 25 2004, 09:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fn Dan @ Aug 25 2004, 09:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My shift is from 12-2 on Thursdays. The noon slot is Radionation, public affairs programming that focuses on politics. The last hour, 1-2, is blue plate special. I really don't play any rock at all. I didn't care what kind of shift I have, I just have one because they tell me I'm supposed to have one. :wh4cky: [/quote]
So is that between the show of the daily Queer injection and hippies with bongo drums? :m0nk3yp33: :lol: