Nervous, but intensed

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Sun September 26th, 2004, 3:04 am

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Sep 26 2004, 04:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya @ Sep 26 2004, 04:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> jesus, have none of you ever seen a black guy at a show before? I black guys at shows all the time. Nothing has ever happened to any of them, well im sure it has before but it shouldnt even be an issue. [/quote]
I wasn't saying I think anyone should have a problem with him being black , cause personally I could not care less either way , I said I think he is challenging us to see what we say next. Everything he has said thus far has been bullshit or so it seems. Why not add black to the list i.e Atlanta Supporter / Atlanta Blaster / Making a living playing music / Yet Has NOT been to a show? How does one make a living in metal music and not attend a show? Answer that!

I'm out faster than the lies outta Chris's mouth!

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sun September 26th, 2004, 9:19 am

Interesting..... How can you bash a metal scene if you have never seen any of the bands your are making fun of live?

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Sun September 26th, 2004, 10:32 am

ive never seen anything happen to any black guys at a show, ive only seen fights between skinheads and hispanics
play your gloom axe

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun September 26th, 2004, 7:29 pm

I always see a few black dudes at shows. I usually don't see too many skinheads. At the Superjoint Ritual show, there were a shitload of Nazi skinheads. They were all seig heiling Phil Anselmo. Yea, I think they are picky about what shows they go to.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Sun September 26th, 2004, 7:35 pm

One of the skinheads vs. blacks instances I've seen was at a Mortician show (not the one last week) so they must not be too picky.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun September 26th, 2004, 7:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-AmoebicDysentery+Sep 26 2004, 07:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AmoebicDysentery @ Sep 26 2004, 07:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> One of the skinheads vs. blacks instances I've seen was at a Mortician show (not the one last week) so they must not be too picky. [/quote]
yeah, and there are the NSBM bands too. except most of those are in Europe.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Sun September 26th, 2004, 9:17 pm

I hope there won't be any skinheads at one of the shows I'm going to. Just in case, if you do see any skinhead nazi trying to beat up on a black dude at one of the upcoming shows, then come and try to break it up. Because that black dude might be me.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sun September 26th, 2004, 9:21 pm

I've been to a lot of shows around town. I've been to the majority of the major and even local metal shows that have come through town in the past year of so. I've yet to see an actual fight take place. As long as you don't fuck with anyone, as in, harass them, you should be fine.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon September 27th, 2004, 2:09 am

This is so PC! Blacks at metal shows? What makes you think that if there was a guy there with your same skin shade that they would even give a shit about you? If I went to a rap concert do you think that if I saw another white guy there, they would lend a hand to help me out at all. He would probably just look the other way. <_<

Like Dan said, if you don't fuck with them then they won't fuck with you, you are just another face that they don't see the worth or have the energy to really want to fuck with. :sm0k3:

C'mon can we be more about dateline? Skinheads at Atlanta metal shows are as common as a black at a metal show. :lol: :D :lol:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon September 27th, 2004, 2:11 pm

At the The Haunted show I went to last May 3 separate fights broke out between skinheads and other random white dudes. Part of the problem was they had a hardcore band called Shai Hulud on the bill with them along with Kataklysm, so it wasn't exact the most friendly mixing of crowds so to speak. I got hit with a thrown half-full beer can on my belt buckle and it sprayed all over my shirt during one of the fights, I was about 6 inches away from being sterile if it had hit me any lower. I was there with one of my Indian friends though, and he didn't get bothered by anyone the whole night, so it really doesn't matter what color your skin is to someone who is there for the sole purpose of being a jackoff. I have a feeling the skinheads were there partly to see Kataklysm and partly just to start shit with random people, they were all gone by the time The Haunted came on. I also learned a very valuable lesson that night - don't fuck with that big dude that's one of the Masquerade bouncers that looks like The Big Show from the WWF - he pretty much singlehandedly broke up all three fights, and ended one of them by jumping into the pit, grabbing the guy that started the fight, slamming him face first into the ground which made a sound like what you'd hear if you took an uncooked steak and threw it on a cold concrete floor as hard as you could, bloodying his nose, then waiting for him to regain consciousness so he could pick him up and take him outside.

There was also a fight at the Black Dahlia Murder show here in April, but that was because there was this one big asshole bullying everyone around in the pit and about 5 or 6 smaller kids jumped his ass and beat him all the way back to the bar. One of them eventually threw a chair at the guy and they both got kicked out, I saw them talking to the police outside both blaming the other for starting shit when I left.

Since you are black I'll leave you with this nugget of wisdom - don't start no shit won't be no shit. :D

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Mon September 27th, 2004, 2:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Sep 27 2004, 07:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Sep 27 2004, 07:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Since you are black I'll leave you with this nugget of wisdom - don't start no shit won't be no shit. :D [/quote]
If you shake it like a salt shaker :D , maybe you'll attract the attention of some ladies at the show

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon September 27th, 2004, 2:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-soulvoid+Sep 25 2004, 10:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soulvoid @ Sep 25 2004, 10:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Did Chris Masochist say he was in a metal band was busting his ass and making a living at playing his music? Here he is saying he's never been to a metal show? On other posts he blasts Atlanta saying all the bands sound the same and then says we should support ATL bands? WTF? [/quote]
I noticed this also after I replied to the post. Eh, whatever.

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Tue September 28th, 2004, 8:27 am

<!--QuoteBegin-E.J. Diarrheaspray+Sep 27 2004, 07:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (E.J. Diarrheaspray @ Sep 27 2004, 07:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> :D [/QUOTE]
If you shake it like a salt shaker :D , maybe you'll attract the attention of some ladies at the show [/quote]
I don't know about all of that but since you mentioned it, Are there any good-looking chicks that come to metal shows. If any.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Tue September 28th, 2004, 3:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chris Masochist+Sep 28 2004, 09:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris Masochist &#064; Sep 28 2004, 09:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-E.J. Diarrheaspray+Sep 27 2004, 07:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (E.J. Diarrheaspray &#064; Sep 27 2004, 07:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
If you shake it like a salt shaker :D , maybe you'll attract the attention of some ladies at the show [/quote]
I don't know about all of that but since you mentioned it, Are there any good-looking chicks that come to metal shows. If any. [/quote]
It depends on the show. As a general rule of thumb, no. The only girls that typically come are girlfriends, fiancees, wives (although, that doesn't always mean much, but I quickly digress ;)), etc. So, unless you wanna beat some dude shitless and take his woman...don't expect much.

As a sidenote, the more popular the band, the bigger the crowd, suprise, suprise, the more women show up. At a death metal show though, don't expect more than about 5-10% to be women.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue September 28th, 2004, 9:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-E.J. Diarrheaspray+Sep 26 2004, 02:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (E.J. Diarrheaspray &#064; Sep 26 2004, 02:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Unless you pull a Bruce Willis and hold up a sign that says "I HATE SKINHEADS," and stay out of the pit, you should be okay [/quote]
that would be so funny.

Yeah, i guess it seems i do go to more hardcore shows than metal. I guess there are A LOT more.

And its NEAL B)