A warning for those with lead-foot

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri April 6th, 2007, 8:20 am

Knucklehead wrote:
kfoll wrote:Whatever you guys do, never let your tags expire.
I'm an Assistant Public Defender in DeKalb, and people, please, please please, if you are drunk and driving or have pot in your car:

1. Make sure your tag is up to date
2. Your tag lights are working
3. Your brake lights are working
4. You are using your turn signals to change lanes
5. You aren't speeding
6. You're wearing your seatbelt.

Of course, drinking and driving is a bad idea anyway.
Sound advice indeed but I'd also add that you don't want to be a perfect driver. For example, cops claim that the only people doing the exact speed limit on interstates are people transporting drugs - they'll keep an eye on them and pull em for any little thing. Don't stand out - just fit it with the rest of traffic, within reason.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri April 6th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Someone told me that bumper stickers can give a cop probable cause to search your car. Not sure if that's true.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri April 6th, 2007, 3:36 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:Someone told me that bumper stickers can give a cop probable cause to search your car. Not sure if that's true.
That makes no sense.

"Ma'am I don't give a shit if your student is on the honor roll and you hate the president, I'm gonna need to search your car."
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri April 6th, 2007, 6:20 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:Someone told me that bumper stickers can give a cop probable cause to search your car. Not sure if that's true.
This is not true. There was a case fairly recently here in DeKalb Recorder's Court where a lady had a bumper sticker that said "Fuck Bush." She got some sort of citation, but the County ended up dropping the charge. So yeah, a cop can pull you over, but its not gonna stand up when the time comes.
ProstheticHead12 wrote:"Ma'am I don't give a shit if your student is on the honor roll and you hate the president, I'm gonna need to search your car."
That's pretty funny.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sat April 7th, 2007, 1:26 am

I've never been harrassed by the police, and I always have quite the collection of stickers

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sat April 7th, 2007, 11:37 am

I hate Florida so much.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sat April 7th, 2007, 6:25 pm

BoB wrote: Sound advice indeed but I'd also add that you don't want to be a perfect driver. For example, cops claim that the only people doing the exact speed limit on interstates are people transporting drugs - they'll keep an eye on them and pull em for any little thing. Don't stand out - just fit it with the rest of traffic, within reason.
Along the same lines, cops claim that illegal aliens with no insurance or papers are always going the speed limit too. So yeah, your best bet is to just go with the flow I guess.

Let that be a warning to any of you who are illegal aliens here on this board!
ProstheticHead12 wrote:I hate Florida so much.
Aw don't be sad... you guys and Ohio State can have a good time arguing over who is officially Florida's bitch now. :lol:

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Tue April 10th, 2007, 8:02 am

GATOR DONE!!

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed May 9th, 2007, 8:23 pm

Just be cool as I can attest to today and they wont notice DUI or possession even in a traffic accident.

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Thu May 10th, 2007, 6:33 pm

necroodin wrote:Just be cool as I can attest to today and they wont notice DUI or possession even in a traffic accident.
Not everyone can be as pimp as you are.
----------------------------------