help plan the playlist tonight

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri October 29th, 2004, 2:24 pm

So it's a little late notice but I was thinking tonight of playing a bunch of Halloween-related stuff on the show, off the top of my head I've come up with songs from Iced Earth's Horror show album, Helloween, Hallows Eve, Type O, King Diamond, and a few others.

If anyone can think of any other Halloween-type stuff to play let me know.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri October 29th, 2004, 5:35 pm

The MISFITS - "Halloween" + "Halloween 2"

Jane Doe

Post by Jane Doe » Fri October 29th, 2004, 5:55 pm

Six Feet Under- "Hells Bells" from the Graveyard Classics album

Some Type O Negative would be good.

the_decapitator

Post by the_decapitator » Fri October 29th, 2004, 6:26 pm

Rottenness-Addicted to a purulent orgasm Plaaaaayyyy iiiiittt!!!!

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Fri October 29th, 2004, 7:26 pm

Slipknot- "Tattered and Torn" of of their first album. It's very raw and makes a great halloween song.

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Fri October 29th, 2004, 7:50 pm

Fireball Ministry- "King"

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri October 29th, 2004, 8:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chris Masochist+Oct 29 2004, 08:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris Masochist @ Oct 29 2004, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Fireball Ministry- "King" [/quote]
Fireball Ministry are cool folks, but what does the song "King" have to do with Halloween? <_<

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Tue November 2nd, 2004, 1:16 pm

King represents.......well......just think of it as Satan.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue November 2nd, 2004, 1:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chris Masochist+Oct 29 2004, 07:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris Masochist @ Oct 29 2004, 07:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Slipknot- "Tattered and Torn" of of their first album. It's very raw and makes a great halloween song. [/quote]
what the hell..?

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Tue November 2nd, 2004, 4:53 pm

Maybe a little too late for halloween show but for next week. You know what we havent heard in a long time? Arsis, Or Necrophagist,

This friday play Something off of A celebration of Guilt, (The Face of my innoscence/ Wholly Night) or something from Onset or Epitaph (Extreme Unction/ Symbiotic In Theory/ Only Ash Remains/ The Stillborn One)

perhaps.......?

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue November 2nd, 2004, 6:52 pm

No problem, all you'll have to do is send us a copy of the Necrophagist CD to do it.

...in fact, I'd be grateful to anyone who wanted to do this. I've heard all kinds of things about it but never actually heard it. We used to get an occasional cd in from Willowtip (including Arsis' cd) but nothing lately.

Our copy of Arsis has vanished somewhere within the vault, probably because it came in one of those white paper cd holder things and is lost somewhere amongst the chaos of slipcase cd's that we have. My friend has my copy of it, I'll get it back from him before this friday because I want to hear it played too.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Wed November 3rd, 2004, 6:31 pm

Cool, sounds good. I may send in a copy of "Onset of Putrefication" sometime in the future.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Wed November 3rd, 2004, 9:14 pm

I burned Onset... for Wreakge in like..2001..but I think Jonathan took it with him to church.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed November 3rd, 2004, 11:44 pm

Yeah, anyone who wants to send us burned copies of obscure (or not-so-obscure) bands that rock feel free to do so. Check out our current catalog at <a href='http://www.wrekage.org/catalog.php?deta ... der=artist' target='_blank'>http://www.wrekage.org/catalog.php?deta ... =artist</a> to see all the stuff we have in the vault right now (note: this doesn't include stuff we have in our personal collections, if it's something you know has been played on Wrekage before but isn't in the list then it's most likely the property of whoever played it), and if you don't see your favorite band or album in the list send us a copy of their stuff so that future generations of Wrekage listeners can benefit from your 15 minutes of mp3 ripping.

I can't guarantee that what you send will get played but between the 6 of us that host now I'm sure at least one of us will like whatever you send in and get it on the air for you. :m3t4l: Someone last week sent us a burned copy of a Dark Funeral cd we didn't have and I think Holly played something off of it.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu November 4th, 2004, 3:39 am

Play some Impaled Northern Moonforest next show. =).....