Rock Band 2

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Rock Band 2

Post by Brian » Tue July 15th, 2008, 4:22 pm

This thing comes out in September, and holy hell at the track listing...

Metallica, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Mastodon, Journey, Kansas, Steely Dan, AFI, Beck, Foo Fighters, that band who sings Eye of the Tiger, Modest Mouse, RHCP, Fleetwood Mac, Social Distortion, Silversun Pickups, Alice in Chains, Tenacious D, Jane's Addiction, Dream Theater, Interpol, Guns N Roses (a new song, lol), Sonic Youth, Testament, Rage Against the Machine, Rush, Jimmy Eat World, Mighty Mighty Bosstones + more.

This is going to be AWESOME.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63006

Vhyle

Re: Rock Band 2

Post by Vhyle » Tue July 15th, 2008, 5:34 pm

Brian wrote:...that band who sings Eye of the Tiger
LOL..

That would be "Survivor". 8)

And for the longest freaking time, I thought it was Journey.

jswift

Post by jswift » Wed July 16th, 2008, 7:59 am

Yeah, but the next Guitar Hero game has a song-editing feature. Therefore, it is the superior title.

vprong

Post by vprong » Thu July 17th, 2008, 7:54 pm

PC Guitar Hero has this, though not built in. I have Nile, Arch Enemy, Opeth, and Dimmu among others and there's a nice online searchable database with tons of metal at scorehero.com. They're pretty diffucult too, makes Through the Fire and Flames look like par for the course.

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Fri July 18th, 2008, 12:14 am

jswift wrote:Yeah, but the next Guitar Hero game has a song-editing feature. Therefore, it is the superior title.
But Rock Band has drums and vocals and cool downloadable content. I could see liking Guitar Hero more though if you don't have people to play with.
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri July 18th, 2008, 2:39 am

theRothstanator wrote:
jswift wrote:Yeah, but the next Guitar Hero game has a song-editing feature. Therefore, it is the superior title.
But Rock Band has drums and vocals and cool downloadable content. I could see liking Guitar Hero more though if you don't have people to play with.
So does the next Guitar Hero, plus GH has been doing the downloadable content thing since before Rock Band came out.

The clips I've seen of the song-editing thing have been cool I guess, but it's not song editing where it's like "hey, rip your favorite Death album to your system and then make a note chart." It's more along the lines of completely creating the song in-game, so who knows how that will turn out. I doubt they'll have too many options for harsh vocals, hah.

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Fri July 18th, 2008, 2:04 pm

Brian wrote:
theRothstanator wrote:
So does the next Guitar Hero, plus GH has been doing the downloadable content thing since before Rock Band came out.
But that's the next version! I guess I'm a hater because I have had to put up with 8 year olds totally rockin' out to Slow Ride with their dad's at my job. It would be bad enough to hear that song over and over but it being done poorly will make you want to kill yourself. Anyways, I always thought that Rock Band had cooler songs (I know you must have been digging the C & C songs, Brian)...was anyone actually stoked when GH Aerosmith came out?
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

Mitch
WREKage Staff

Post by Mitch » Tue August 5th, 2008, 8:26 pm

theRothstanator wrote:...was anyone actually stoked when GH Aerosmith came out?
I was stoked because it gave me a new reason to trash Aerosmith and be elite.