Emo to be Banned in Russia

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

MikeLindgren

Emo to be Banned in Russia

Post by MikeLindgren » Sat July 26th, 2008, 6:44 pm

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Sat July 26th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Obligatory "WHAT NEXT BANNING BOOKS AND HARD ROCK AND ROLL MUSICS?" post.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun July 27th, 2008, 2:01 pm

Emo is retarded but damn, the Russian gov't is even more retarded.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

MikeLindgren

Post by MikeLindgren » Sun July 27th, 2008, 2:25 pm

Nah, the Russian Gov't listens to metal, and knows "what's up".

The horns in Russia shall fly freely.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sun July 27th, 2008, 2:53 pm

I want to vote for Putin.

KunikoS Rayne

Post by KunikoS Rayne » Mon July 28th, 2008, 11:41 pm

Haha this is awesome, now do that over here!

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Tue July 29th, 2008, 10:31 am

KunikoS Rayne

Post by KunikoS Rayne » Tue July 29th, 2008, 11:35 pm

On another forum people were discussing this with outrage stating "They are stripping people of their human rights of expression! Way to go post-communist russia!"

However, I recall reading that this is only to be enforced in School/Government buildings...not from the public. And knowing that, I can see the reason behind them pursuing this. I mean, in this country....they've banned vulgar clothing, clothing with drug/alcohol references, super revealing clothing in the public school system, and for a good reason too. Is this really so much different?

From what they said about the Emo trend glorifying suicide and depression (which is pretty apparent, if not factual) I don't blame them for wanting to keep kids in public schools from being exposed to some whiney kids that run around starting these clicks to talk about how they enjoy cutting themselves and how much life sucks. It really is truly a chain reaction....with individuality fading fast in today's society.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed July 30th, 2008, 12:48 pm

KunikoS Rayne wrote:On another forum people were discussing this with outrage stating "They are stripping people of their human rights of expression! Way to go post-communist russia!"

However, I recall reading that this is only to be enforced in School/Government buildings...not from the public. And knowing that, I can see the reason behind them pursuing this. I mean, in this country....they've banned vulgar clothing, clothing with drug/alcohol references, super revealing clothing in the public school system, and for a good reason too. Is this really so much different?

From what they said about the Emo trend glorifying suicide and depression (which is pretty apparent, if not factual) I don't blame them for wanting to keep kids in public schools from being exposed to some whiney kids that run around starting these clicks to talk about how they enjoy cutting themselves and how much life sucks. It really is truly a chain reaction....with individuality fading fast in today's society.
from that article, it made it sound like they were banning it from the public.
if it's just schools, then it makes alot more sense. Thing is, it's not going to stop them from talking about how cool it is to cut themselves or from actually cutting themselves. There still will be cliques no matter what. If they really want to have more control over what clothing students are allowed to wear, then make them all wear uniforms. I had to wear uniforms for 4 years and it's really not that bad anyways...it makes everyone seem equal in appearance and since this is communist Russia we're talking about, uniforms would be a great idea!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed July 30th, 2008, 1:17 pm

KunikoS Rayne wrote:On another forum people were discussing this with outrage stating "They are stripping people of their human rights of expression! Way to go post-communist russia!"

So...what's to keep their government from banning metal too? After all, don't kids who listen to metal support Hitler and shoot up schools? I mean, it's obviously taking a terrible toll on the corruptible minds of today's youth. Death to emo, metal, punk, and any form of music that you don't hear on your local grocery store's intercom radio system.

jswift

Post by jswift » Thu July 31st, 2008, 5:55 pm

If a governmental system that instituted gulags tells you to not listen to something, odds are, you're probably not going to listen to it.

Besides, Russians shouldn't be making metal music anyway. The last time those two cross-pollenated, the ensuing result was Autograph, and we as a global community have suffered enough as it is for any future occurances.

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Thu July 31st, 2008, 6:01 pm

jswift wrote:If a governmental system that instituted gulags tells you to not listen to something, odds are, you're probably not going to listen to it.

Besides, Russians shouldn't be making metal music anyway. The last time those two cross-pollenated, the ensuing result was Autograph, and we as a global community have suffered enough as it is for any future occurances.
Uhh, what about Forest Stream? Last I checked, they were pretty epic.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu July 31st, 2008, 7:24 pm

Arkona, you bastards.

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Thu July 31st, 2008, 7:46 pm

Brian wrote:Arkona, you bastards.
sursly

KunikoS Rayne

Post by KunikoS Rayne » Fri August 1st, 2008, 10:31 am

ScreamBloodyGore wrote:
Brian wrote:Arkona, you bastards.