Death Magnetic

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

JMincemoyer

Death Magnetic

Post by JMincemoyer » Thu August 14th, 2008, 8:35 pm

For those that care and/or might be interested the new Metallica, "Death Magnetic," is available for pre-order at www.theendrecords.com. They've even printed a 2xLP version.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Thu August 14th, 2008, 9:26 pm

i take it you actually think it's going to be good?
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Thu August 14th, 2008, 10:43 pm

I quit buying from The End, ever since they suddenly decided that charging shipping was cool.

Oh and because they're always fucking out of EVERYTHING.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri August 15th, 2008, 7:26 am

it IS going to be good! not the album of the year but solid as hell and a return to the real world for Metallica.

i'm excited about it.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri August 15th, 2008, 11:38 am

"ST. Anger" was supposed to be a return to form, too.

Fool me once, shame on you....

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri August 15th, 2008, 12:07 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:it IS going to be good! not the album of the year but solid as hell and a return to the real world for Metallica.

i'm excited about it.
I do hope that you are right. And having Rick Rubin produce certainly adds some interest.

But I'm so tired of getting my hopes up. If it weren't for Rubin's involvement, I wouldn't even be paying attention this time around.

jswift

Post by jswift » Fri August 15th, 2008, 1:45 pm

I can't even think of a witty rejoinder for this. It's Metallica. It's going to suck. Accept it. You'll all be happier for it.

JMincemoyer

Post by JMincemoyer » Fri August 15th, 2008, 3:06 pm

ProstheticHead12 wrote:i take it you actually think it's going to be good?
That was not the point of the post. The post was for information purposes as I am sure that there are some Metallica fans on this forum. If you would like to hear/see a new track, "Cyanide," check blabbermouth.net which has a link. Also posted is a link to Metallica performing with KING DIAMOND doing their Mercyful Fate medley.

JMincemoyer

Post by JMincemoyer » Fri August 15th, 2008, 3:09 pm

Vhyle wrote:I quit buying from The End, ever since they suddenly decided that charging shipping was cool.

Never known a mailorder to not charge for shipping unless you order OVER a certain amount. Just ordered from The End, Dwellers Of The Twilight, Gnaw Their Tongues and Solstice, and all were in stock. Maybe you should give them another chance. I got my order quickly and the CDs were not smashed up, which was nice.

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Fri August 15th, 2008, 8:54 pm

JMincemoyer wrote:
Vhyle wrote:I quit buying from The End, ever since they suddenly decided that charging shipping was cool.

Never known a mailorder to not charge for shipping unless you order OVER a certain amount. Just ordered from The End, Dwellers Of The Twilight, Gnaw Their Tongues and Solstice, and all were in stock. Maybe you should give them another chance. I got my order quickly and the CDs were not smashed up, which was nice.
I've been ordering from them for years, and they just very recently started charging shipping.

Actually a while ago, they used to be shipping-free AND tax-free, to anyone in the US.

But my most recent order, they didn't have hardly anything I searched for.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri August 15th, 2008, 9:14 pm

yeah I sure hope it's gonna be good this time around!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

JMincemoyer

Post by JMincemoyer » Fri August 15th, 2008, 10:31 pm

I've been ordering from them for years, and they just very recently started charging shipping.

Actually a while ago, they used to be shipping-free AND tax-free, to anyone in the US.

But my most recent order, they didn't have hardly anything I searched for.[/quote]

Vhyle,

I had no idea. I've ordered from The End in the past...I guess I never paid attention to the shipping or lack thereof. I generally choose the cheapest shipping in the US. I do pay attention to international orders since the shipping is very expensive!

If I may ask, what were you looking for? I check multiple mailorders on a frequent basis...

JMincemoyer

Post by JMincemoyer » Fri August 15th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Metalfreak wrote:yeah I sure hope it's gonna be good this time around!
"Cyanide" did not sound bad, but it was hard to hear nuance(s) from the recording I heard/saw of the video from Blabbermouth.

It would be nice to see a return to form. I am interested to hear Rubin's influence although an recent interview with Kirk Hammett said he was hardly there so this is the "most pure" Metallica album they've written in a while. Interesting to note his opinion of Bob Rock's influence on their sound.

Probably lame, but what's your favorite Metallica song? Mine, "The Thing That Should Not Be."

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Fri August 15th, 2008, 11:30 pm

JMincemoyer wrote:Vhyle,

I had no idea. I've ordered from The End in the past...I guess I never paid attention to the shipping or lack thereof. I generally choose the cheapest shipping in the US. I do pay attention to international orders since the shipping is very expensive!

If I may ask, what were you looking for? I check multiple mailorders on a frequent basis...
Ah I can't remember now. I think of so much crap to look for right then and there, but I can't remember now.

Mitch
WREKage Staff

Post by Mitch » Sat August 16th, 2008, 2:15 am

With gas prices and CD sales like they are, can they help but charge shipping?