GasCrunch: 2008

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

kfoll

GasCrunch: 2008

Post by kfoll » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 9:49 am

What's everyone doing about gas? I hear it's a lot worse in Atlanta than up here. I keep hearing a lot of conflicting reports about when we'll get more, but it's hard to say what's true and what's just rumor. No one seems to know much and the news isn't reporting anything, which is understandable as they don't want a panic. But it'd be nice to know what the real situation is.

I probably have enough to last, and I'm lucky in that I live 4 miles from my work and close enough to stores that I can walk if it came to that. But if there was a real lengthy shortage (oxy-moron hehehe), it means I'm stuck in Rome (aka Hell) for the next few weeks.

Anyone know what's really going on?
----------------------------------

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 10:39 am

I have heard a bunch of different stories but yeah, the city of atlanta and north of the city has no gas, or very little. South of the city has plenty though, I filled up yesterday just south of 285 and there were no lines or anything. Where I live though, there is lines out the ass trying to get to the station.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 10:55 am

I haven't really been affected by this, yet. We bought the Camry Hybrid a year ago and are getting 40+ on a good day. Although I drive an Explorer, I only work a mile from home. I fill up probably every three months or so and I have half of a tank left.

I noticed the other day that some stations seemed to be out, although the prices were around $4.00, so there haven't been extremely crazy prices, like there was after Katrina or Ivan or whichever it was. That's in and around Decatur.

twophoton

Post by twophoton » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 12:20 pm

I live in midtown and am freaking out. Only have a quarter tank left, and saw "Out" signs everywhere. :cry:

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 12:33 pm

Knucklehead wrote:I haven't really been affected by this, yet. We bought the Camry Hybrid a year ago and are getting 40+ on a good day. Although I drive an Explorer, I only work a mile from home. I fill up probably every three months or so and I have half of a tank left.

I noticed the other day that some stations seemed to be out, although the prices were around $4.00, so there haven't been extremely crazy prices, like there was after Katrina or Ivan or whichever it was. That's in and around Decatur.
My boss has a Prius. Damn nice too, looks so space-age, and it has this screen that shows the back of the car while backing up, bluetooth hookups and all that. Absolutely silent while running, and she says while idling the engine isn't even running at all. I wish they'd make those cars more affordable and gradually replace petroleum engines so we can stop being so dependent on it.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 1:02 pm

It's all abunch of hysteria.

jswift

Post by jswift » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 2:09 pm

I didn't know "Mad Max" was supposed to take place this soon.

I call dibs on Barter Town.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 3:13 pm

jswift wrote:I didn't know "Mad Max" was supposed to take place this soon.

I call dibs on Barter Town.
As long as I can have the last of the V-8 Interceptors.

"A fella, a clever fella, might have a weeepon hidden under there. I'd have to pin his head to the quarterpanel."

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Re: GasCrunch: 2008

Post by mrjumping » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 4:14 pm

kfoll wrote:What's everyone doing about gas? I hear it's a lot worse in Atlanta than up here. I keep hearing a lot of conflicting reports about when we'll get more, but it's hard to say what's true and what's just rumor. No one seems to know much and the news isn't reporting anything, which is understandable as they don't want a panic. But it'd be nice to know what the real situation is.

I probably have enough to last, and I'm lucky in that I live 4 miles from my work and close enough to stores that I can walk if it came to that. But if there was a real lengthy shortage (oxy-moron hehehe), it means I'm stuck in Rome (aka Hell) for the next few weeks.

Anyone know what's really going on?
Don't believe any of this media conspiracy. There's plenty of gas in Atlanta. People are just waiting in line for lottery tickets.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 9:04 pm

I just filled up yesterday so I can get my car to the Helloween show on Thursday. I'm almost at a full tank. We don't have much but if you look, there's some. It's not horrible

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Wed September 24th, 2008, 5:04 am

Yeah it's not THAT bad. People made it worse by panicking and topping off their tanks every time they drive their car.

kamal

Post by kamal » Wed September 24th, 2008, 9:53 am

Still working on my brutality-fueled car...
ShorelessSkies.com

Ecrypt

Post by Ecrypt » Wed September 24th, 2008, 10:46 am

kamal wrote:Still working on my brutality-fueled car...
Yeah I doubt most of you would get very far on that one!!! HAHA!

But yeah, theres plenty of gas at all the quick trips and real chains, theres just nothing at all the hindu gas stations in clayton county.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed September 24th, 2008, 1:36 pm

ya QTs have consistantly had gas, but the Citgos have been runnin short way more often.

kfoll

Re: GasCrunch: 2008

Post by kfoll » Wed September 24th, 2008, 2:17 pm

mrjumping wrote: Don't believe any of this media conspiracy. There's plenty of gas in Atlanta. People are just waiting in line for lottery tickets.
SO, did you win?
:twisted: