Halloween 2 - needs extras

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri March 20th, 2009, 6:10 pm

damn, I'm still waiting to hear back from them!

how long did it take for them to get back to you?
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Sat March 21st, 2009, 2:23 pm

I got an acceptance email within half an hour of sending in my application.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat March 21st, 2009, 2:37 pm

BlackRoija wrote:I got an acceptance email within half an hour of sending in my application.
I emailed them again and they got back to me asking me if I have a costume...I sent pics in the first email which makes me believe they overlooked it. :?

God of Brutality

Post by God of Brutality » Sat March 21st, 2009, 9:25 pm

Im in. They changed the shoot days to tues and weds. I got a email about an hour after I sent it. They never asked me about a costume. I assume I fit the heavily tattooed look instead of costumed look.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun March 22nd, 2009, 6:25 pm

jswift wrote:The Devil’s Rejects was nothing more than third tier knockoff of 70s fare like The Last House on the Left, The Hills Have Eyes, The Incredible Torture Show and Race with the Devil, with blatant thievery of Alexandro Jodorowsky and H.G. Lewis.

And as far as Zombie’s, ahem, “musicâ€Â￾ goes: I’ve always wondered what The Misfits would’ve sounded like with Al Jourgensen controlling the mixing knobs while a retarded chimpanzee took songwriting duties. Thanks a million, Rob!

i disagree with all of this.

i understand you trying to back up your opinion with your comparisons but you just fell flat this time.........in my opinion. The Devils Rejects didn't remind me at all of The Last House On The Left or The Hills Have Eyes. Maybe an homage here and there but never once did the overall feel of TDR fell anything like LHOTL or THHE other than the 70's vibe. The overall 70's feel of the flick was blatant and and the point of the damn movie in general. You making the comparison to 70's movies only solidifies that Zombie succeeded in making the movie he was trying to make. and it was very enjoyable.

and aside from the obvious horror themes to the music i can't follow the Misfits comparison either. i don't even consider them to be in the same genre much less having similar sounds. and just b/c the Rob Zombie solo albums have some elements of industrial doesn't make the Jourgensen reference hold any water either. if you didn't notice a lot of rock/metal bands were throwing industrial elements in the mix during the mid 90's.

and like Amanda said, if something isn't totally original who cares? doesn't the existence of genres in both movies and music lend themselves to a certain look, feel, appeal and style all of which are seen and copied in some form or another?

i hate to come across as a Rob Zombie fanboy b/c i'm certainly not......especially after his take on Halloween, which was complete blasphemy and caused me to lose respect for the man not only as a film maker but also as a horror fan b/c of his lack of actually understanding the original Halloween at all........i just like a healthy debate.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 2:29 am

Well, I won't be doing this now. My boyfriend's mom died an hour ago...can't sleep.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 7:15 am

Metalfreak wrote:My boyfriend's mom died an hour ago...can't sleep.
Good god. Sorry to hear.

Strange

Post by Strange » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 10:58 am

Metalfreak wrote:
BlackRoija wrote:I got an acceptance email within half an hour of sending in my application.
I emailed them again and they got back to me asking me if I have a costume...I sent pics in the first email which makes me believe they overlooked it. :?
That's odd. I got mine the next morning after I sent it. But my friend never got a reply and she's an attractive girl with lots of tats. I would have thought she'd get a reply a lot sooner than I would.

But I guess it's moot now. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend's mom. That really sucks.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 6:23 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Back on topic, got this in a gayspace bulletin:
ONLY APPROVED extras are to report to the Drive-In at 7:30 a.m. not 9:00.

EXTRAS ARE TO REPORT AT 7:30 A.M to the Starlight Drive In.

Tuesday March 24th - Wednesday March 25th

We don't like it any more than you, but in order to meet their shooting schedule it has to be done.

Buses will begin leaving at 8:30 a.m. So obviously those who arrive early in costume (or with their costume ready to be reviewed) will have a priority placement on buses.

Speed is a factor for us here. Because of the shooting schedule we will have a little less than 3 1/2 hours to put together wardrobe, hair and make-up for around 200 people. So please help us by showing up on time.There will be plenty of time to sleep on the bus and during down time.

On a more positive note, more hours means more money.

$$$$$$

This is going to be a lot of fun, on a bad ass set, with a lot of amazing costumes. Seriously the BEST HALLOWEEN PARTY EVER!!! and its all going to be on film . Trust me this scene is going to be "killer".

DON'T LET YOUR SNOOZE ALARM BE THE REASON YOUR NOT IN IT.

TIME: ARRIVE AT 7:30 (or earlier)
DATE: 24TH - 25TH

If you know someone else who was APPROVED please inform them of this time change.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 6:38 pm

7:30 in the MORNING? Fuck, I've got school too. I highly doubt I'll make it.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 8:04 pm

Metalfreak wrote:Well, I won't be doing this now. My boyfriend's mom died an hour ago...can't sleep.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue March 24th, 2009, 12:12 am

Metalfreak wrote:Well, I won't be doing this now. My boyfriend's mom died an hour ago...can't sleep.
Damn. :cry: My condolences.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue March 24th, 2009, 8:00 pm

Thanks again dudes.

well, how was the first day of shooting? must have been fun! :)

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu March 26th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Well, I don't know what all I'm at liberty to say, but I will definitely say that I had a blast. Tuesday was awesome. Lots of cool people and good costumes/makeup...and you couldn't look in any direction on set without seeing a half naked woman. Wednesday was a bit more draining, mainly because of the rain, but also because we were there for like 20 hours and wound up actually shooting for like...6. I got back to my car at 5 fucking AM his morning, drove home, took a shower and came to work. In short I am dog-ass-tired but I had a lot of fun.

And the Spookshow crew TOTALLY hooked it up on the set and the makeup. Some really really cool work all around.

I really can't wait to see the film now.

Best quote I heard from someone who hated the first Zombie helmed Halloween on why he showed up to be an extra in this one: "I'm getting my $9 back."
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!