Until The Light Takes Us (black metal movie) screening in At

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

utltu

Until The Light Takes Us (black metal movie) screening in At

Post by utltu » Tue July 7th, 2009, 8:50 pm

We are scheduled to show the film Until The Light Takes Us (black metal movie with Fenriz, Varg Vikernes, Hellhammer, etc.) at the Plaza Theater in Atlanta on August 13. The thing is, we are starting to wonder if there is a scene in Atlanta, or if anyone would show up. If you haven't heard of the film, there's info and a trailer at myspace.com/blackmetalmovie.

So, what I'm wondering, is if you think there are people here who are interested in this. Bad screenings are very damaging to us and to our ability to release the film on DVD, so we are thinking about whether or not we should go ahead with this.

You guys live there: are we crazy to have a screening in Atlanta?

Also, if there is anyone who is interested and able to help promote, please let us know, if you can flyer around town/at shows, we'd be very happy to put you on the guest list. If you're up for that, please write me at untilfilm@gmail.com.

Thanks, and all thoughts are appreciated.
Audrey
UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US
AUG 13 AT PLAZA ATLANTA THEATER 7:30 PM
Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/69162

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Tue July 7th, 2009, 9:34 pm

I might go.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Tue July 7th, 2009, 10:39 pm

Is this going to be as silly and inaccurate as Lords of Chaos?

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Wed July 8th, 2009, 12:15 am

BlackRoija wrote:Is this going to be as silly and inaccurate as Lords of Chaos?
Hopefully.

Place enough flyers outside of Urban Outfitters or any vintage boutique that scenester cunts frequent, and you're guaranteed a decent turnout.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed July 8th, 2009, 5:19 am

You're wondering if there is actually a scene in Atlanta...but you're posting on a fairly active message board completely dedicated to local metal.

That should probably answer your question.

I also read about this screening on another site a few days ago and plan on going.

OA_Xeper

Post by OA_Xeper » Wed July 8th, 2009, 9:50 am

Brian wrote:That should probably answer your question.
You would think so, wouldn't you?

Unfortunately, this is not entirely accurate. Case in point, the last local underground black metal show that was booked in the area garnered a turn out of roughly 10 people.

Back on topic: I've heard good things about this film. Also it might be worthy to note that there is a black metal show in Atlanta booked for the day before this screening. This could be a good opportunity for last minute promotion.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed July 8th, 2009, 11:30 am

hell yeah I'd go to this!

and to answer your question about promoting this, maybe deathgasm records could help or Luke from the Atlanta Horrorfest since he's the mastermind behind the horror movies that show once a month at the Plaza. They're both on this forum...just suggestions but of course you would have to ask them.

also, you could possibly get the 2 local metal radio shows involved with this. Give them a few tix to giveaway on air. It'll reach far more people that way...

pm me and I could get you the info for one of those metal shows (I used to host one until I graduated college a few months ago)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed July 8th, 2009, 11:35 am

First of all, thanks for considering Atlanta and the Plaza. I was hoping they'd pick this film up. I don't think it's a crazy idea at all. I feel sure that there could be a good turnout, regardless of the local black metal "scene" (which I think does exist to a certain extent).

As Atlanta's only independently owned theater, the Plaza has a really dedicated group of patrons...particularly for their recurring events. I think you'd draw quite a few people if those crazies knew about the screening. Flyer the heck out of this thing at the next few metal shows and in the Midtown/Little Five/East Atlanta areas and you're bound to have a good turnout.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed July 8th, 2009, 12:37 pm

OA_Xeper wrote:
Brian wrote:That should probably answer your question.
You would think so, wouldn't you?

Unfortunately, this is not entirely accurate. Case in point, the last local underground black metal show that was booked in the area garnered a turn out of roughly 10 people.

Back on topic: I've heard good things about this film. Also it might be worthy to note that there is a black metal show in Atlanta booked for the day before this screening. This could be a good opportunity for last minute promotion.
Yeah, but I'm sure that also had to do with those shows being held at Swayze's and the lineups changing all the time. Also, just because one show had a poor turnout doesn't mean they all did (although I don't know what the average turnout for those shows...I only made it out to one.)

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed July 8th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Metalfreak wrote:hell yeah I'd go to this!

and to answer your question about promoting this, maybe deathgasm records could help or Luke from the Atlanta Horrorfest since he's the mastermind behind the horror movies that show once a month at the Plaza. They're both on this forum...just suggestions but of course you would have to ask them.

also, you could possibly get the 2 local metal radio shows involved with this. Give them a few tix to giveaway on air. It'll reach far more people that way...

pm me and I could get you the info for one of those metal shows (I used to host one until I graduated college a few months ago)
Yeah, I'd definitely be willing to help promote this on the air. Feel free to contact me.

OA_Xeper

Post by OA_Xeper » Wed July 8th, 2009, 3:06 pm

Brian wrote:Yeah, but I'm sure that also had to do with those shows being held at Swayze's and the lineups changing all the time.
I'm sure there were some good TV shows on that night, too.

Don't mind me...

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Wed July 8th, 2009, 7:58 pm

I'd go. I've been following this with some interest.

utltu

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated

Post by utltu » Wed July 8th, 2009, 10:11 pm

Thanks for responding, it's good to know you guys think at least some people will turn up. The Plaza seems like a very cool theater, we love local independent theaters and as a rule only book the film at them, not chains.

In response to the one person who said that the existence of this board proves an audience, you'd be surprised at how inaccurate that can be. Thank you to Paul and Tommy, who have offered to help, SO appreciated. Brian, I will write you as well, thank you.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say thanks to everyone who wrote. And no, this is not Lords of Chaos silliness. A fair question though.

Here is a review, in case you want a second opinion ; )

http://www.thelefthandpath.com/lefthand ... t_Takes_Us

Audrey
UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US
AUG 13 AT PLAZA ATLANTA THEATER 7:30 PM
Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/69162

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Re: Thanks for the responses, much appreciated

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed July 8th, 2009, 10:43 pm

utltu wrote:Thanks for responding, it's good to know you guys think at least some people will turn up. The Plaza seems like a very cool theater, we love local independent theaters and as a rule only book the film at them, not chains.
I called it "the legendary" Plaza Theater for a reason. :)
In response to the one person who said that the existence of this board proves an audience, you'd be surprised at how inaccurate that can be. Thank you to Paul and Tommy, who have offered to help, SO appreciated. Brian, I will write you as well, thank you.
Thanks to your email yesterday, I've added the information about the showing to the WREKage site. I'll add links for the movie and ticket purchases in a bit (kinda forgot, it was late. :))

Sadly, I proably can't make the showing, since I get off work at 7:30pm. Maybe I can get out a bit early or something....

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Re: Thanks for the responses, much appreciated

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed July 8th, 2009, 11:04 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:
utltu wrote:Thanks for responding, it's good to know you guys think at least some people will turn up. The Plaza seems like a very cool theater, we love local independent theaters and as a rule only book the film at them, not chains.
I called it "the legendary" Plaza Theater for a reason. :)
Thanks to your email yesterday, I've added the information about the showing to the WREKage site. I'll add links for the movie and ticket purchases in a bit (kinda forgot, it was late. :))

Sadly, I probably can't make the showing, since I get off work at 7:30pm. Maybe I can get out a bit early or something....