What are the bands you just can't stand

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue January 11th, 2005, 12:38 am

While the proper categorization is important, let's not lose focus of the main point: can't stand DEP.

"math metal"? That's like so non descript. I really can't stand differential-equations metal, tho I find applied-combinatorics metal most appealing.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Tue January 11th, 2005, 5:22 am

This is a great thread.

I would have to say, I hate all those bubble-gum pop "artists" like Lindsey Lohan, Ashlee Simpson, Mandy Moore. Bukkake them all. :lol:

As for Metal bands I would say, the grindcore stuff is pretty talentless, the nu-metal of course is just metallic rap music. And hey Dan that Soilwork shit you like is not metal. Alot of people throw around the word "poser" in certain scenes, frankly I never use the word, but here it is in metal. :twisted:

I'd hate to say it but Pantera I remember being better than it is. TGSTK might be the least burned out album, but the others, fuck they are so old.

Bands that are almost parodies of themselves but are pretty cheesy, Manowar and Rhapsody. They are the cheddar of cheese rock. :?

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Tue January 11th, 2005, 5:28 am

TheKshatriya wrote: I even like some pop like Christiana Aguilera.
It ain't the music you dig I would bet. She's got a body that would make a bishop kick out a stained glass. :lol:

cuntworm

Post by cuntworm » Tue January 11th, 2005, 9:56 am

metalcore sucks.

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue January 11th, 2005, 2:40 pm

Heh. Did you get bored, Josh?

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue January 11th, 2005, 11:19 pm

No, I actually like her music. The non rap/hiphop stuff anyway.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue January 11th, 2005, 11:21 pm

I know thats what hardcore is, but if you take Eighteen Visions 4 years ago, they are hardcore, but they arent like Outbreak at all. So that would be just like saying Dillinger is metal and so is Devourment, so they are like the same thing.

cuntworm

Post by cuntworm » Wed January 12th, 2005, 7:15 am

nah.. just found it on the Ibex Throne site. thought it was more appropriate right here.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed January 12th, 2005, 9:19 am

What's weird is I thought that was a non-doctored picture for a while, and that her label had told her to change her image again.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed January 12th, 2005, 6:13 pm

TheKshatriya wrote:No, I actually like her music. The non rap/hiphop stuff anyway.
Damn, you are bold to say that. I was bold one time with saying I liked country music and I got/get chastised for it. So kudos, bud. Oh, great I'm going to get is now for "kudos" :lol: :lol:

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Thu January 13th, 2005, 1:03 am

I like country music, but country like Marty Robbins and Chet Atkins, not the shitty country that gets played on the radio like Travis Tritt and people like him.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu January 13th, 2005, 2:40 am

Yeah, so you the old Western story songs. Great stuff, nothing like it now these days. But Travis Tritt is Cobb County's local boy so...

There is some good new country but not alot of it, because too much is trying to be hits instead of trying to be great fuckin songs. :o
TheKshatriya wrote:I like country music, but country like Marty Robbins and Chet Atkins, not the shitty country that gets played on the radio like Travis Tritt and people like him.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu January 13th, 2005, 1:32 pm

One country singer I really like is Neko Case. She's not a commercial artist, more like "indie country." She has a beautiful voice.
DarkWolfen wrote:Yeah, so you the old Western story songs. Great stuff, nothing like it now these days. But Travis Tritt is Cobb County's local boy so...

There is some good new country but not alot of it, because too much is trying to be hits instead of trying to be great fuckin songs. :o
TheKshatriya wrote:I like country music, but country like Marty Robbins and Chet Atkins, not the shitty country that gets played on the radio like Travis Tritt and people like him.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu January 13th, 2005, 8:35 pm

Country was cool back when it was about raising hell, getting drunk, getting into fights, and loving your dog (not necessarily in that order).

Country music on the radio today is just a watered-down version of pop music.

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Thu January 13th, 2005, 9:34 pm

cuntworm wrote:Image

metalcore sucks.
so does experimental industrial metal combining elements of black metal, darkwave, and gothic tinged industrial to form a unique amalgamation of sound.