What are the bands you just can't stand

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri January 14th, 2005, 6:59 am

Greg wrote:Country was cool back when it was about raising hell, getting drunk, getting into fights, and loving your dog (not necessarily in that order).
same w/ metal

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri January 14th, 2005, 9:20 am

Haha, I actually wrote that in my original post then edited it out.

Metal is still relatively new and exciting to me since I wasn't around when it was first born, so I guess in 10 years I'll be longing for the days of bands writing about killing and eating people and themselves.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 12:07 am

Jon wrote:Brutal Death Metal, "Emo," any sort of melodic Metal or Punk, Tech. Metal, "Pop-Punk," old Jazz, most Nu-Metal, most Pop, modern Country, "Metalcore" a la As I Lay Dying and DEP, Noisegrind, Rap / Hip-Hop, and modern R&B.
Wow that's a lot of genres of music to hate. What does that leave you? The late night stuff on WREK, like electric razors humming and other sound effects?

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Fri February 4th, 2005, 8:06 pm

Mike wrote:Wow that's a lot of genres of music to hate. What does that leave you? The late night stuff on WREK, like electric razors humming and other sound effects?
hahaha

Zane

Post by Zane » Sun February 6th, 2005, 7:51 pm

Jon wrote:Brutal Death Metal, "Emo," any sort of melodic Metal or Punk, Tech. Metal, "Pop-Punk," old Jazz, most Nu-Metal, most Pop, modern Country, "Metalcore" a la As I Lay Dying and DEP, Noisegrind, Rap / Hip-Hop, and modern R&B.

What do you listen to? Is it some sort of sound foriegn to human ears and so superior thatour inferior human intellect can't comprehend it?

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun February 6th, 2005, 11:19 pm

maybe he mis-read the topic as "what are the bands you just can't stand hearing enough of"

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed February 9th, 2005, 9:08 am

i hate the american "gothenburg" ripp-off bands! all the hardcore bands that decided to rip off at the gates but do it so horribly. it actually pisses me off that they think its metal! and theres really no need to mention how much i hate nu-metal. i basically don't like anything that is trying to be something that it isn't.

and i'd like to mention that i hate the band JET more than any band ever! they have ripped off some other band for every hit they have, which now totals three. iggy pop was first, then ac/dc and now motley crue and the beatles in the same song. what a piece of crap band that is cashing in on other peoples music.

Zane

Post by Zane » Thu February 10th, 2005, 8:51 pm

I hate Atreyu, Avenged sevenfold, Hatebreed, Eighteen visions, and probably just about every other band on Victory Records. I suppose i hate hardcore and emo more than anything else.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri February 11th, 2005, 5:28 am

Yeah I agree with you on that one. They always have the commercials for that shit during Uranium. Ugh!
Zane wrote:I hate Atreyu, Avenged sevenfold, Hatebreed, Eighteen visions, and probably just about every other band on Victory Records. I suppose i hate hardcore and emo more than anything else.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Fri February 11th, 2005, 6:37 am

Zane wrote:I hate Atreyu, Avenged sevenfold, Hatebreed, Eighteen visions, and probably just about every other band on Victory Records. I suppose i hate hardcore and emo more than anything else.
Can't all genres of aggressive music just get along? :twisted:

I wouldn't put Hatebreed with those other, terrible bands. And emo is not related to Hardcore.

As for Victory, well a lot of their bands do kinda suck.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri February 11th, 2005, 6:43 am

What the fuck is Emo anyways? What is that considered? :?:

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Fri February 11th, 2005, 6:47 am

Uh, crap I guess. Like pop punk stuff. Taking Back Sunday shit.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri February 11th, 2005, 9:07 pm

Can't all genres of aggressive music just get along? Twisted Evil
nope, its the aggressive nature of the music that lends itself to the hatred of inferior music!

Zane

Post by Zane » Sat February 12th, 2005, 5:38 pm

Emo seems to come out of bands like Radiohead, although Radiohead is too commercial to be considered emo. I had some friends that had an emo band and they would sing a tad out of key alongside some midtempo pop crap, then on the chorus they would scream along to muddy distorted pop punk, still in midtempo, and theyd be crying and screaming about thier crummy childhoods and whatnot. And not to sound too pompous, but if that's what your into, you probably cry during sad long distance commercials. It's music for losers.

cuntworm

Post by cuntworm » Sun February 13th, 2005, 7:49 pm

Zane wrote:Emo seems to come out of bands like Radiohead, although Radiohead is too commercial to be considered emo. I had some friends that had an emo band and they would sing a tad out of key alongside some midtempo pop crap, then on the chorus they would scream along to muddy distorted pop punk, still in midtempo, and theyd be crying and screaming about thier crummy childhoods and whatnot. And not to sound too pompous, but if that's what your into, you probably cry during sad long distance commercials. It's music for losers.
^ i completely agree with this statement ^

is it me, or does it seem like there has been a resurgance in hair metal? now i know it's not like the aquanet indused cheese from yesteryear, but alot of the more mainstream "metal" that i have been seeing as of late sound like a more up-to-date version of the pseudo-metal pop bullshit that came out in the eighties. i just fucking hope no one tries to bring back the big hair and mullets.. then i think i will probably go shoot myself.