What are the bands you just can't stand

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Jane Doe

Post by Jane Doe » Sat November 27th, 2004, 9:36 pm

I can't stand all emo-bands and a lot of Hardcore bands that ho!!y plays most of the time. It's horrible.

Any band that came out after 1990 sucks.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun November 28th, 2004, 4:54 pm

whoa! There are alot of great bands that came out after 1990. I do agree with you about what Ho!!y plays. Hardcore blows! I can't stand hardcore. During Killswith Engage's performance at the Slayer show, I stayed in the bar area upstairs. Emo is even worse. Someone told me that they were dragged to an emo concert and everyone there was crying, even the lead singer. What the hell kind of concert is that? I also can't stand most nu-metal. The very first band to play at the Slayer show was a nu-metal band and they really blew! I seriously think that the bands who are picked to open for Slayer are bands that suck or don't fall in Slayer's league(except for Mastodon).

One band that I really don't like are Good Charlotte. My cousin loves that band and they really fuckin' suck! I also don't like all those top 40 bands either like Jessica Simpson or Justin Timberlake. Even my dad says that those bands have no talent. I also heard this one song on the radio a few months ago and it went like this, "I'm staring down the barrel of a .45..." WTF? Life can't be that bad. I'd rather write about killing people and having fun at it; not about how much life sucks. Those assholes are making a themselves famous with that shit. What does that say about the majority of today's youth?

They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Mon November 29th, 2004, 5:41 am

daath :m0nk3yp33:

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon November 29th, 2004, 8:10 am

yeah i cant stand daath either.
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Mon November 29th, 2004, 3:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Metalfreak+Nov 28 2004, 09:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Metalfreak @ Nov 28 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

I also heard this one song on the radio a few months ago and it went like this, "I'm staring down the barrel of a .45..." WTF? Life can't be that bad. I'd rather write about killing people and having fun at it; not about how much life sucks. Those assholes are making a themselves famous with that shit. What does that say about the majority of today's youth? [/quote]
That song is from the band Shinedown, another crappy generic rock band.

Music has gone to hell definetly, it's a shame that I have to stay up in the middle of teh night to watch some heavy metal videos. :angry:

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon November 29th, 2004, 4:39 pm

I cant stand nu-metal and hardcore.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon November 29th, 2004, 7:12 pm

I think it's pretty much a given no one here likes nu-metal. I like the heavier, more brutal hardcore stuff though, where I draw the line is when it gets preachy and/or sing-songy.

Pretty much everything on the radio these days sucks too. Except for Wrekage :m3t4l:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 30th, 2004, 6:41 am

I don't much care for rap/hip-hop, or twangy country...everything else I'll at least try to give a fair hearing.

That being said, I really don't care for all the 'neo-punk' crap I hear on commercial radio nowadays. Not nu-metal -- I can tolerate some of it if there's talent behind it -- but it seems like whenever I tune across 99X these days it's the same damned style of reheated punk. Different bands, same-sounding shit.

Needless to say, the tuner seldom stays there for too long. :3y3s:

What's sad is, I'll try to tune into local radio maybe once every two weeks (usually right after WREKage has gone off the air and we're heading home, since the radio had been on WREKage before and now we're hearing something riveting, like "Line Printer Version 2" from Dr. Lexmark and the Howling Packards)....and I hear the same damned songs on 99X and 96.7 The Buzz that I heard two weeks before....or even four weeks before, or even two months before!

It makes me feel better about sacrificing my Saturdays to metal. :b4ldm3t4l:

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue November 30th, 2004, 2:14 pm

Bands in particular off the top of my head:
Green Day, R.E.M. Slipknot, Korn, etc

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Tue November 30th, 2004, 2:17 pm

I aslo hate those throwback '70's bands like The Strokes, The Vines, The Hives, The Killers( shitty bands with shittly music shouldn't have a name like that), The White Stripes and others.

Two years ago a lot of critics called these bands the "savior of rock music". <_<

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Tue November 30th, 2004, 2:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ratanda+Nov 30 2004, 07:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ratanda @ Nov 30 2004, 07:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Bands in particular off the top of my head:
Green Day, R.E.M. Slipknot, Korn, etc

[/quote]
Whats wrong with Slipknuts, some of there songs are pretty close to sounding like death metal/speed metal.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue November 30th, 2004, 2:23 pm

Ah yes. I remember that too, when the big wave of the "The" bands were gonna be the saviors of rock n' roll.

Slipknot veers into nu-metal too often for me to like them. Too many of their songs have that annoying nu-metal bounce to them, almost as if they were dance songs. I guess that's what happens when you have six dj's in the band, or however many of them there are. There are several of their songs, especially on the Iowa album, that sound pretty killer for about 15 seconds until they go and ruin it by calling for me to get up on my feet and jump around etc.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed December 1st, 2004, 1:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Nov 30 2004, 07:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg &#064; Nov 30 2004, 07:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Slipknot veers into nu-metal too often for me to like them. Too many of their songs have that annoying nu-metal bounce to them, almost as if they were dance songs. I guess that's what happens when you have six dj's in the band, or however many of them there are. There are several of their songs, especially on the Iowa album, that sound pretty killer for about 15 seconds until they go and ruin it by calling for me to get up on my feet and jump around etc. [/quote]
Here in Colorado Springs there's one good rock radio station (most of the time), and they're constantly playing that Slipknot "Duality" song, even during the morning show. I keep thinking to myself "why is this band so popular, they're so watered down and contrived." Then I watch the Cephalic Carnage section of the Contamination festival DVD and I get happy. :b4ldm3t4l:

I really can't stand country music and most "classic rock." That stuff makes me angry :p1st0ls:

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed December 1st, 2004, 12:54 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Nov 30 2004, 02:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Nov 30 2004, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Slipknot veers into nu-metal too often for me to like them. Too many of their songs have that annoying nu-metal bounce to them, almost as if they were dance songs. I guess that's what happens when you have six dj's in the band, or however many of them there are. There are several of their songs, especially on the Iowa album, that sound pretty killer for about 15 seconds until they go and ruin it by calling for me to get up on my feet and jump around etc. [/quote]
What he said. Plus I hate their whiney-whiteboy-almost-rap-because-he-really-can't-rap clean vocals. And just because they throw in some elements of extreme metal that doesn't make them a good band. There's just enough of that stuff in there to not scare away the mallrat kids and still make them think Slipcannot are br00tal and heavy yo! Those elements are meant for those kids (i.e. that market) and not people who really listen to the real deal. I just plain don't like them.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Thu December 2nd, 2004, 1:11 am

I hate U2s music so much. But i also hate the fans of certain types of music more. People who listen to jazz and only jazz and think that jazz is the only type of music. And metal guys who think Hatebreed is a metal band and love Slipknot and cant respect other types of music. I have respect for anything that has good musicians and or is just fun and good music. People are into whatever they like. I like what i like and i hate whem people cant respect that.

I love almost every kind of music, metal (all kinds except nu metal and i really dislike a like of prog even though a lot of them have really good musicians), country (real country like Marty Robbins), Hardcore (real hardcore like oldschool shit like outbreak), old school rap sometimes, fusion/jazz, world music. and my most favorite, classical music. I even like some pop like Christiana Aguilera.