open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Mon February 14th, 2005, 6:31 pm

Apocalyptic Visions

Daath

Zane

Post by Zane » Mon February 14th, 2005, 7:55 pm

is it me, or does it seem like there has been a resurgance in hair metal? now i know it's not like the aquanet indused cheese from yesteryear, but alot of the more mainstream "metal" that i have been seeing as of late sound like a more up-to-date version of the pseudo-metal pop bullshit that came out in the eighties. i just fucking hope no one tries to bring back the big hair and mullets.. then i think i will probably go shoot myself.[/quote]

I personally would like to see hair metal come back, but less of the pop metal variety and more of the Twisted Sister, WASP variety. Early Motley Crue was realy cool too. I think when glam hit big metal was doomed. too many bands sounding the same.(does that sound familiar?)

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue February 15th, 2005, 5:22 am

Zane wrote: I personally would like to see hair metal come back, but less of the pop metal variety and more of the Twisted Sister, WASP variety. Early Motley Crue was realy cool too. I think when glam hit big metal was doomed. too many bands sounding the same.(does that sound familiar?)
Totally agree with this. The thing about 80s metal is that there WAS a fair amount of talent involved, especially when compared to what constitutes "pop" music today. I'd like to see talent take more of a front-seat in mainstream music.......but of course, that would spell the death of the bands WE like if they "made it," since bands are no longer kewl, kvlt and necro if they manage to sell more than 50,000 CDs. :)

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue February 15th, 2005, 11:17 pm

I personally would like to see hair metal come back, but less of the pop metal variety and more of the Twisted Sister, WASP variety. Early Motley Crue was realy cool too. I think when glam hit big metal was doomed. too many bands sounding the same.(does that sound familiar?)
i'm with that as well. a lot of hair metal was really cool before it was so overdone and watered down

VibrationsOfDoom

Hates??

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Sun May 1st, 2005, 6:38 am

I REALLY hate rap.... I can somewhat tolerate it for a few seconds if it's really funny, but I mean I would never buy anything in this genre... Don't like country music, but do like some folk music, especially the really old stuff... And lately I really can't get into much death metal at all, especially since I think black metal is so much more vicious and sick. Granted there are some death metal bands I still enjoy REALLY well, like Bolt Thrower, Amon Amarth (Viking GODS!) and Carnal Forge, the latter who I think is just really fucking sick...

Oh yeah, and I think one of the WORST bands around today would have to be Hallows Eve. Not a decent singer in the group... I've listened to their Live At WREK thing like 5 times now TRYING to find something likeable in the way they butchered the classic songs, and I end up stopping the playback after 5 or 6 songs... The death metal vocals sound SO piss poor it's not even funny... The only decent new song written was 'Technicolor Roadkill,' and it's because Tommy put a more punk slant on it. It's the ONLY new song that even remotely resembles Hallows Eve, of course later on down the road there's a few parts I can't dig... Hallows Eve needs to get a real singer in my opinion...

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sun May 1st, 2005, 10:53 am

Goddamnit Steve, SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BITTER LITTLE TROLL!!!!!!! What the fuck is wrong with you man?!?! GROW THE FUCK UP! Fuck... :::shakes head in disbelief:::

I'd mention how much Broken Trinity sucks, but oh wait, they don't even have any songs to suck yet. Jesus Steve, give it a fucking rest.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Sun May 1st, 2005, 5:45 pm

Damn Dan, you threw a gasket, maybe you need to up your xanax and go back to those anger management classes. The therapy ain't workin bud. Don't yell at Steve its not his problem you are as desired by the ladies as Clay Aiken. Get a grip, kid! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Fn Dan wrote:Goddamnit Steve, SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BITTER LITTLE TROLL!!!!!!! What the fuck is wrong with you man?!?! GROW THE FUCK UP! Fuck... :::shakes head in disbelief:::

I'd mention how much Broken Trinity sucks, but oh wait, they don't even have any songs to suck yet. Jesus Steve, give it a fucking rest.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Sun May 1st, 2005, 9:54 pm

DarkWolfen wrote:Damn Dan, you threw a gasket, maybe you need to up your xanax and go back to those anger management classes. The therapy ain't workin bud. Don't yell at Steve its not his problem you are as desired by the ladies as Clay Aiken. Get a grip, kid! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Fn Dan wrote:Goddamnit Steve, SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BITTER LITTLE TROLL!!!!!!! What the fuck is wrong with you man?!?! GROW THE FUCK UP! Fuck... :::shakes head in disbelief:::

Darkwolfen,
You always try to be funny and it always fails miserably. Please stop.
Besides, I agree with Dan that Steve needs to not start shit again about Hallow's Eve.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun May 1st, 2005, 10:09 pm

While Steve's bitterness is kinda old, this is a thread titled "What are the bands you just can't stand" and Steve gave his opinion. I have to agree with him too - I'm a big fan of the original Hallows Eve albums but I think the reincarnation really needs help with vocals. Not to sound like the original band but just to sound good...

btw Dan, if you have extra xanax then don't forget ol buddy BoB!

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sun May 1st, 2005, 10:53 pm

bobnoxious wrote:While Steve's bitterness is kinda old, this is a thread titled "What are the bands you just can't stand" and Steve gave his opinion. I have to agree with him too - I'm a big fan of the original Hallows Eve albums but I think the reincarnation really needs help with vocals. Not to sound like the original band but just to sound good...

btw Dan, if you have extra xanax then don't forget ol buddy BoB!
I can handle someone giving an opinion, I'm just tired of Steve's "opinions" that have agendas. Besides, Steve usually follows up one of those tirades with "but I love Tommy man". I'm just tired of hearing it, I really am. As a musician, if you leave/get kicked out of a band, it is not cool to slag the motherfuck out of them, it's not professional. I actually had a long conversation with Tommy one night, and he told me a very interesting story on why Steve really got kicked out of the band...

Xanax? Nah. No pills for me anymore. Pills fucking sucked, and I have no desire to ever be medicated in that fashion ever again. I prefer to prescribe the liquid kind of medicine, usually imported from either Germany or Ireland. Offer still stands BoB. ;)

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun May 1st, 2005, 10:56 pm

All this thread is missing now is cheesy organ music and pregnancy rumors.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Sun May 1st, 2005, 11:09 pm

Mike,
The last time I checked I didn't think I was trying to win any points with you, stoner. Sorry my sarcastic jokes about your trashy roommate Holly and my continuing personal vendetta against F'n race mixer Dan offends you or threatens you, then that is not my problem.

Moreover, comedy is in the mind of the beholder, everybody thought that kike, real name Jakob Kohen, Rodney Dangerfield was great but I thought the guy sucked. So in a way we are going to agree to disagree.

So just continue what you were doing, & go light up a joint so you can keep stumbling absently for song titles on the air. :roll:

[/quote]
Darkwolfen,
You always try to be funny and it always fails miserably. Please stop.
Besides, I agree with Dan that Steve needs to not start shit again about Hallow's Eve.[/quote]

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 1:19 am

DarkWolfen wrote:Mike,
The last time I checked I didn't think I was trying to win any points with you, stoner. Sorry my sarcastic jokes about your trashy roommate Holly and my continuing personal vendetta against F'n race mixer Dan offends you or threatens you, then that is not my problem.

Moreover, comedy is in the mind of the beholder, everybody thought that kike, real name Jakob Kohen, Rodney Dangerfield was great but I thought the guy sucked. So in a way we are going to agree to disagree.

So just continue what you were doing, & go light up a joint so you can keep stumbling absently for song titles on the air. :roll:
]
Haha, no i'm not offended or threatened. Hardly. I merely said your 'jokes' aren't funny; painfully so. I can take a joke and have a sense of humor, but you're just not actually funny at all.
And yes all of your observations are correct
Stoner - Yes i'm always high on air
Trashy - Yes, holly is very trashy for staying with the same guy and marrying him.
F'n race mixer Dan - I don't even know what the fuck that means.

Really, what does the thing about Dan mean?

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 5:05 am

Mike wrote:
DarkWolfen wrote:Mike,

]
Haha, no i'm not offended or threatened. Hardly. I merely said your 'jokes' aren't funny; painfully so. I can take a joke and have a sense of humor, but you're just not actually funny at all.
And yes all of your observations are correct
Stoner - Yes i'm always high on air
Trashy - Yes, holly is very trashy for staying with the same guy and marrying him.
F'n race mixer Dan - I don't even know what the fuck that means.

Really, what does the thing about Dan mean?
If my jokes aren't up to your standard then who fuckin cares what you think? Like i said, stoner I will continue to do them, if I am the only person laughing then that is more than a witless twit like yourself.
:twisted:
As for Dan being a race-mixer, ask him about the woman that wanted nothing to do with him named Bao. That he grovelled to get some attention from. Maybe he's not a race-mixer per-say but he is a race-trader. Yet if you looked like him, stepping outside of your race would be a just cause. :?

Maybe before I fag bash Paul, I will soon just get banned from this board.

You can get banned right? I hope so. :mrgreen:

BoB

thread deteriorating... must repair!

Post by BoB » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 6:22 am

I can't stand system of a down. if for no other reason than people calling them SOD. but the music happens to suck too. As far as high-low bands (one guy sings high, another sings low) my favorite was Terminal Doom back in the late 80s. A very cool, very funny band from Atlanta. They did high-low back when system of a down was doing Winger covers.