New Burzum album info

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Wed November 18th, 2009, 10:59 pm

I'm not a fan but I'll check it out anyways since it's kind of a big moment for black metal.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed November 18th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Eagerly awaiting this release. I see Greg, Chaos and myself are the only TRUE MOTHERFUCKERS here, who recognize the greatness of Burzum.

Lets all burn down then go burn down some churches in honor of the release date.

Just because its so easy to troll Burzum..

To those that dislike Varg, perhaps you are not white enough to properly appreciate it.

ohhoho

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Wed November 18th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Not that I condone or agree with any of Varg's actions or beliefs, but goddamn he's interesting. And by interesting, i mean only insofar as his morbid idiosyncrasies compel me to hate blacks and finger pigs.

To say the least, I'll be downloading this as soon as it's available.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu November 19th, 2009, 10:52 am

The commenters over at Metalsucks point to Varg's comments about homosexuality and the irony with this cover.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu November 19th, 2009, 12:47 pm

necroodin wrote:Eagerly awaiting this release. I see Greg, Chaos and myself are the only TRUE MOTHERFUCKERS here, who recognize the greatness of Burzum.

Lets all burn down then go burn down some churches in honor of the release date.

Just because its so easy to troll Burzum..

To those that dislike Varg, perhaps you are not white enough to properly appreciate it.

ohhoho
*Brian

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Thu November 19th, 2009, 1:27 pm

Knucklehead wrote:Image

The commenters over at Metalsucks point to Varg's comments about homosexuality and the irony with this cover.
That's pretty juvenile. Ha ha ha.

Reminds me of an etching of Plato and Socrates. Socrates is seated and Plato is behind him. Their arms and hands are confused so that the viewer cannot determine who is holding the writing utensil. I guess that's what Varg's gunning for here.
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Thu November 19th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Maybe this is a tentative cover for now. I am sure Varg has some of his artwork available.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu November 19th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Knucklehead wrote:Image

That is Loki guiding the hand of the blind god Hodr, brother of Baldr. Baldr, the white god, was considered the most beautiful of all the gods and his mother, Frigg, asked all of the objects on earth to swear not to hurt Baldr except for mistletoe. All of the gods played a game where they would throw weapons and shoot things at Baldr because nothing could hurt him. Loki, god of fire and mischief, made an arrow from mistletoe and guided Hodr's hand when he fired the missile and killed Baldr. The death of Baldr was considered one of the most tragic events in the history of the gods and one of the harbingers of Ragnarok. There is a lot more to the story than that, but that is what the picture is showing.

Definitely not gay.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu November 19th, 2009, 8:14 pm

True -- there is nothing gay about the story. But that rendering is fairly homoerotic, especially when compared with a version like this:

Image.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu November 19th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Yeah, but anything done in that Greco-Roman style involving two men looks gay.

That is a pretty good picture that you found. That is how I would picture Loki. Hodr looks slightly mongoloid though.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu November 19th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Yeah, but anything done in that Greco-Roman style involving two men looks gay.
What is up with that, anyway? I guess the other thing is that this particular version is pretty crudely drawn. I imagine it still remains to be seen whether this is the final cover or no.

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Fri November 20th, 2009, 9:27 am

Knucklehead wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Yeah, but anything done in that Greco-Roman style involving two men looks gay.
What is up with that, anyway? I guess the other thing is that this particular version is pretty crudely drawn. I imagine it still remains to be seen whether this is the final cover or no.
Greco-Roman art tends towards the homoerotic b/c the male body was eroticized and older, established men took on male "concubines" for a better word in addition to their wife. The relationship was more of a "tutelage" than sexual. But a carnal element was present.

There's a reason why the Hellenic Hoplite was considered such a fierce warrior. Not only were they fighting for their land, they were fighting for each other~
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri November 20th, 2009, 9:57 am

I guess we have the final answer as to whether it was the final cover.

Voegtlin -- I think that was mostly in Greece, was it not? The Romans, on the other hand, were a mixed lot. The Senate made fun of Julius Caesar because he had a liason with Nicomedes, the King of Bithynia, according to Suetonius, yet Tiberius had his "Minnows"...

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Fri November 20th, 2009, 11:28 am

O TEMPORA! O MORES!

Roma was dominated by a strain of conservative thought, so that put the man-on-man action on the DL. Since it was no longer socially acceptable, men acquired slaves. No "good Roman" was a catamite.

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Sat November 21st, 2009, 1:14 am

Apparently the original image got yanked. Having never seen it, and only seeing the "no official cover image available" pic, in the context of the homosexuality comment, I was like, "Well, I guess that kind of looks like an anus."