Metal in unmetal places

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon August 22nd, 2011, 8:25 pm

on Saturday around 7pm, I saw a dude riding a motorcycle in a Burzum shirt near the intersection of N Decatur & Clairmont. He turned into the parking lot where the Athen's Pizza is lol

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon August 22nd, 2011, 9:05 pm

Metalfreak wrote:on Saturday around 7pm, I saw a dude riding a motorcycle in a Burzum shirt near the intersection of N Decatur & Clairmont. He turned into the parking lot where the Athen's Pizza is lol
Wasn't me, although I live right near there.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sat September 10th, 2011, 5:36 pm

theRothstanator wrote:Image

LOL
lol, yep, that's Bill Kaulitz.

Tokio Hotel still holds the record for shortest overall show at The Tabernacle (and also one of the smallest crowds I've ever seen there). No opening act.
No closing act.
Just them.
About 40-45 minutes.

They delayed the start of the show by close to an hour so people wouldn't be leaving before, like, 9pm. :twisted:
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri September 23rd, 2011, 4:24 pm

I joined some honor society in college to get scholarships and to put it on my resume but I walked by the leader and she complimented me on my Amon Amarth shirt and said she books black metal bands in town. I didn't know there was a black metal scene in Murfreesboro. Pretty cool.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Fri September 23rd, 2011, 4:39 pm

oh yeah, this thread. saw a prime mover sticker on the back of a car in stankbridge the other day. forgot what kind of car though.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri September 23rd, 2011, 8:29 pm

GameFreac wrote:I joined some honor society in college to get scholarships and to put it on my resume but I walked by the leader and she complimented me on my Amon Amarth shirt and said she books black metal bands in town. I didn't know there was a black metal scene in Murfreesboro. Pretty cool.
there's a college in Mufreesboro? When I went through there on a greyhound, I didn't see anything there except for some nasty ass hotel lol

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sat September 24th, 2011, 3:20 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:
theRothstanator wrote:Image

LOL
lol, yep, that's Bill Kaulitz.

Tokio Hotel still holds the record for shortest overall show at The Tabernacle (and also one of the smallest crowds I've ever seen there). No opening act.
No closing act.
Just them.
About 40-45 minutes.

They delayed the start of the show by close to an hour so people wouldn't be leaving before, like, 9pm. :twisted:
One of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sat September 24th, 2011, 5:06 am

Metalfreak wrote:
GameFreac wrote:I joined some honor society in college to get scholarships and to put it on my resume but I walked by the leader and she complimented me on my Amon Amarth shirt and said she books black metal bands in town. I didn't know there was a black metal scene in Murfreesboro. Pretty cool.
there's a college in Mufreesboro? When I went through there on a greyhound, I didn't see anything there except for some nasty ass hotel lol
Middle Tennessee State University

Focalor

Post by Focalor » Sat September 24th, 2011, 6:22 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:Tokio Hotel still holds the record for shortest overall show at The Tabernacle (and also one of the smallest crowds I've ever seen there). No opening act.
No closing act.
Just them.
About 40-45 minutes.

I remember back in the 90's, people were going apeshit that it was being turned into the House of Blues and later the Tabernacle. "Satanic bands like Slayer will spew their blasphemy from where the word of God was once preached! OH NOES!" If God exists, I have to believe that he hates Tokio Hotel way more than Slayer.

But if that kid had really big tits, he'd probably be a good looking lady.

nastynate

Post by nastynate » Mon September 26th, 2011, 12:31 pm

First thing when I walked into work this week, on the order sheet the first name- Glen Benton.

Pat

Post by Pat » Mon September 26th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Metalfreak wrote:on Saturday around 7pm, I saw a dude riding a motorcycle in a Burzum shirt near the intersection of N Decatur & Clairmont. He turned into the parking lot where the Athen's Pizza is lol
Haha hell yeah, that was Max our bass player for Disfigurement.

TonyE99

Post by TonyE99 » Mon September 26th, 2011, 3:56 pm

nastynate wrote:First thing when I walked into work this week, on the order sheet the first name- Glen Benton.
Hahaha, yes!

Focalor

Post by Focalor » Mon September 26th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Metal in unmetal places...

...I put empty beer cans in my neighbors paper recycling bin.

Grizzlybeer

Post by Grizzlybeer » Tue September 27th, 2011, 12:57 am

Dunno if GSU counts as an un-metal place but I've seen some guys wearing Burzum, Behemoth and Bathory shirts around.

But the most surprising one:
I was in the JC Penny in Mall of Georgia with my gf, and as we're checking out the cashier asks if I was really wearing a Bloodbath (the fathomless mastery) shirt. I was like hell yeah, turns out he was the vocalist/bassist for Becoming the Archetype. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Tue September 27th, 2011, 1:28 am

Pat wrote:
Haha hell yeah, that was Max our bass player for Disfigurement.
I hear a Max sighting means good luck for the rest of your year
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED