Metal in unmetal places

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 1:02 am

Yeah, there were some Nunslaughter members in San Hedrin so that 7" is bound to be RARE! and KVLT! on Ebay one day so you should pick up the remaining copies from Deathgasm before some wealthy investors get them to put diamond plated pools in their backyards or some shit.

Strange

Re: Metal in unmetal places

Post by Strange » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 1:54 am

Brian wrote:GO!!!

I went shopping with my mom today, and in TJ Max or Marshall's (I always confuse the too) saw some dude wearing a Prime Mover shirt.
Soon our legions will RISE from their slumber...and complete their holiday shopping!

That's actually pretty awesome.

It wasn't me, was it? :lol:
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 8:07 am

AmoebicDysentery wrote:Yeah, there were some Nunslaughter members in San Hedrin so that 7" is bound to be RARE! and KVLT! on Ebay one day so you should pick up the remaining copies from Deathgasm before some wealthy investors get them to put diamond plated pools in their backyards or some shit.
how much for that bad boy? you got any nunslaughter records?
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 10:11 am

back when I used to work at Publix I saw some guy with a Zoroaster hat, so I started talking to him. Turns out it was the guy who did the artwork for Dog Magic and some of their other stuff.

also, would always see some dude wearing metal shirts. It was one of the guitarists for Malefic at the time.

there's also a scene in Talladega Nights where they're playing Sepultura.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 11:29 am

Spewtilator wrote: how much for that bad boy? you got any nunslaughter records?
I'm not involved with the distro at all so I'm not really sure, but theres so many Nunslaughter records I'm sure theres a few in stock. I remember theres one in particular with some really awesome crazy packaging.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 2:17 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:
Spewtilator wrote: how much for that bad boy? you got any nunslaughter records?
I'm not involved with the distro at all so I'm not really sure, but theres so many Nunslaughter records I'm sure theres a few in stock. I remember theres one in particular with some really awesome crazy packaging.
yeah they have a shit load of records out. the only one i have is the Bedeviled split with Throneum which has a sick hologram of 2 different goat's heads/pentagrams on the front
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Strange

Post by Strange » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 4:10 pm

When I was working the box office for the King Tut exhibit last year, Karl Sanders from Nile came in. That was pretty cool. He seemed really surprised that someone recognized him. I guess it doesn't happen all that often. :lol:
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 10:07 pm

Watch Matilda, the brother is wearing a Napalm Death shirt.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue December 22nd, 2009, 10:34 pm

Generubin wrote:Watch Matilda, the brother is wearing a Napalm Death shirt.
haha that reminds me, in The Sopranos the daughter has some metal posters in her room. the one I remember off the top of my head is Ulver but there are more.

also, in the show Californication, all the books are named after Slayer albums.

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Thu December 24th, 2009, 2:54 pm

My iPod.

In a sea of Herb Ellis, Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery and Louis Armstrong; there sits Carcass' Corporeal Jigsore Quandry.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/damnageband">DAMNAGE on Myspace</a>

Neither scene nor herd

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu December 24th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Generubin wrote:Watch Matilda, the brother is wearing a Napalm Death shirt.
damn it's been so long since I watched that...I'll have to watch it again just to see this hahaha
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Thu December 24th, 2009, 6:49 pm

the night of the baroness show last week or so, i saw a dude in a gas station wearing a municipal waste hoodie and he was also wearing what some people call "hipster glasses" or whatever else tommy called them in the baroness thread.

i looked at him and did the whole "nice hoodie" thing and he looked at me like i was a complete idiot and then for some reason i went on to tell him that pig destroyer and baroness were playing that night. he continued to stare at me as if i was a wall and i just left. i think he may have mumbled something under his breath along the lines of "okay, cool" but he could have just been calling me a faggot or something.

then i saw the same dude at another gas station close by like two days ago. he must have just moved here or something.

mcdonner is a small town after all...

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu December 24th, 2009, 8:34 pm

Strange wrote:When I was working the box office for the King Tut exhibit last year, Karl Sanders from Nile came in. That was pretty cool. He seemed really surprised that someone recognized him. I guess it doesn't happen all that often. :lol:
Someone from a band called Nile at a King Tut exhibit? Pull the other leg why doncha? :)

That's really cool, though. I can only guess he was secretly pleased. :)

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu December 24th, 2009, 10:12 pm

WHO: Me

WHERE: DeKalb County Courthouse

METAL: Incognito

UH-OH! MOMENT: We finish court up for the morning and the court reporter (who is really pretty attractive) says to me, "You sound sick." I reply, "oh, no -- I just went to a show last night." Now that I have her attention, she asks, "oh? Who was it?" (*momentary pause*) "A band named Marduk." She asks, "what kind of music is THAT?" (*long, awkward pause*) "Um, they are a Swedish Black Metal band." Whereupon, she yells "ARE YOU A FREAK AND I DIDN'T KNOW IT??!!"

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri December 25th, 2009, 10:54 am

Knucklehead wrote:Whereupon, she yells "ARE YOU A FREAK AND I DIDN'T KNOW IT??!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: THAT'S RIGHT BITCH, DRINK IT IN.