Metal in unmetal places

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat February 27th, 2010, 4:59 pm

Diana wrote:
DeathfareDevil wrote:...pink-socking?
That's an image that sticks with you. Bless you, Urban Dictionary. And bless you DeathfareDevil.
yeah I had to look it up too...lol gross...
Knucklehead wrote:Not metal, but I was in Austin this past weekend (a memorial for a friend who passed) and saw a kid in a mohawk at the airport. That's not remarkable, but what was was his GG Allin t-shirt.

I have to admit, it gave me pause. All I could think of was diarrhea.
hahahaha!

@Paul - a similar thing happened to my boyfriend when he was up in Ohio one time. He was wearing a Cannibal Corpse shirt...he walked into some food court to get a hot dog. The guy working behind the counter saw him and had the fear of god in his eyes or some shit. My b/f orders his food and the total comes up to $6.66...the guy behind the counter looked pissed off and scared at the same time and yelled "$6.65!" :lol:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon March 22nd, 2010, 10:45 am

There was some dude in Michael's the other day wearing a Darkthrone shirt. Pretty awesome! I was such a dork and said"sir, I just wanted to tell you I like your shirt." yeah...lol

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon March 22nd, 2010, 2:37 pm

Yeah I saw a dude with a Six Feet Under shirt yesterday at work and I'm not a fan but I was gonna ask him if he knew about the Cannibal Corpse show in April since he might like the old Barnes songs live but he just walked out with his baby before I got the chance.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon March 22nd, 2010, 2:58 pm

Last Christmas day while my family and I (including 4 years old neice) were opening presents, I played Iron Maiden's Live After Death on the TV. Then some King Diamond videos.

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Mon March 22nd, 2010, 4:28 pm

Metalfreak wrote:There was some dude in Michael's the other day wearing a Darkthrone shirt. Pretty awesome! I was such a dork and said"sir, I just wanted to tell you I like your shirt." yeah...lol
Was he buying corpsepaint?

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon March 22nd, 2010, 8:43 pm

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:There was some dude in Michael's the other day wearing a Darkthrone shirt. Pretty awesome! I was such a dork and said"sir, I just wanted to tell you I like your shirt." yeah...lol
Was he buying corpsepaint?
HAHAHAHA! I wish, that would make the story even better :lol:

and I almost forgot, last night I was watching Bones (it was like 1am nothin else was on ha) and they went into a rough looking area looking for some kid. There were warehouses and squaters there. My boyfriend noticed a Phobia poster in the background! Haha they got national recognition on Fox :twisted:

sick66

Post by sick66 » Thu April 1st, 2010, 10:24 pm

atlanta is about as un-metal of a place as it gets. i don't think i've ever just randomly seen anyone wearing a metal shirt around town, when there wasn't a show going on. most people that go to shows seem to live in the suburbs because in the city i never see metalheads any other time :?

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri April 2nd, 2010, 7:58 pm

Dude -- what are you talking about? Yesterday, I saw a car that had a huge Metallica sticker across the entire back window and that silly ninja star thing. Today, I went to Ru Sans in Edgewood and counted two different table with metalheads at them.

Now, granted, the first guy was expressing his love for Metallica, which were haven't been metal in a long time, depending on how you count. But, still.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri April 2nd, 2010, 8:53 pm

There are a ton of metalheads around everywhere in Atlanta for sure.

merrymayhem

Post by merrymayhem » Thu April 15th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Walking in to an OB/GYN appointment during my first pregnancy, my husband pointed out to me that I was wearing one of my favorite shirts at the time.. Dying Fetus. Too late to run home and change!

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Thu April 15th, 2010, 2:16 pm

That is brilliant.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu April 15th, 2010, 9:07 pm

merrymayhem wrote:Walking in to an OB/GYN appointment during my first pregnancy, my husband pointed out to me that I was wearing one of my favorite shirts at the time.. Dying Fetus. Too late to run home and change!

Ahahahaha! Excellent!

I think it was last week I saw some dude at the store I work at in a Death shirt. Also a dude I met at the Megadeth show came through my register today too haha

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri April 23rd, 2010, 1:40 pm

I feel it is my duty to bring this to everyone's attention.

Poker? We hardly know her.

You're welcome.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri April 23rd, 2010, 5:09 pm

Diana wrote:I feel it is my duty to bring this to everyone's attention.

Poker? We hardly know her.

You're welcome.
That lady rules, I'd never heard of her.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat April 24th, 2010, 5:28 am

Azrael wrote:That lady rules, I'd never heard of her.
I think I have. But I just can't seem to...

Oh wait now I remember:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOHo5BoIXOA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zOHo5BoIXOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>