Metal in unmetal places

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu August 7th, 2014, 10:26 am

slut rag wrote:Watched Without a Paddle on Netflix the other night out of boredom. Randomly heard an EYEHATEGOD song during a scene.
Was watching "The Leftovers" on HBO this past Sunday. Unexpectedly heard "Angel of Death" in a context-appropriate scene. That is, turned up loud to cover the sound of gunfire.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sun August 24th, 2014, 10:12 am

Was up here in farville at the local redneck Kroger and saw a chubby little ten year old kid in a Scream Bloody Gore shirt

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat August 30th, 2014, 8:53 am

The in-laws got back from Paris and St. Petersburg a couple of weeks back and we're having the first extended-family get together.

They bought 13 French sailors shirts, with the intent of taking a family picture, and distributed them to various members of the family. You know the kind, the white shirt with the blue horizontal stripes.

The also bought a black t-shirt with a goat's head and were positively chuckling when they handed it to me.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat August 30th, 2014, 10:15 am

Knucklehead wrote:The in-laws got back from Paris and St. Petersburg a couple of weeks back and we're having the first extended-family get together.

They bought 13 French sailors shirts, with the intent of taking a family picture, and distributed them to various members of the family. You know the kind, the white shirt with the blue horizontal stripes.

The also bought a black t-shirt with a goat's head and were positively chuckling when they handed it to me.
Damn that rules, well, for you, not the French shirt dorks

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sat August 30th, 2014, 7:49 pm

Knucklehead wrote:The in-laws got back from Paris and St. Petersburg a couple of weeks back and we're having the first extended-family get together.
How hard was it for them to get into St. Petersburg? Did they have to do the whole visa thing?

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun August 31st, 2014, 8:55 am

MS_39455 wrote:
How hard was it for them to get into St. Petersburg? Did they have to do the whole visa thing?
Apparently, the visa application was pretty outrageous, having to list all their jobs back to high school, military service, etc. They also had to submit their invitations and hotel invoices, meaning that they ha I have everything planned before they left.

I'm sure that the KGB just wants to figure out which rooms to big in advance.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Sun August 31st, 2014, 9:19 am

...goddamn...there goes my wanting to visit there. I'm too lazy to do all that shit.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun August 31st, 2014, 5:40 pm

Recently been told about a visa free option to St. P'burg by boat only from Stockholm, Helsinki, or Tallinn. The catch is you either have to sleep on the boat if you're on one of those ridiculous Russian cruise liners or stay at an approved tourist hotel if you arrive by ferry. It's good for up to three days and is supposed to be way cheaper than the EU/USA/Schengen visa (ruble grab/paperwork bonanza). Would really like to visit there soon.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun August 31st, 2014, 8:59 pm

Itchin' to go to the Hermitage?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun August 31st, 2014, 11:58 pm

A must on any list of museums to see before the reaper puts his scythe through your chest. And definitely the Peter and Paul Fortress, Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood, Winter Palace, etc. Really kind of an incomplete Baltic trip without a jaunt into Neva Bay.

Anyway, metal in unmetal places...

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Fri October 24th, 2014, 5:04 pm

I'm at my kids' school Fall Festival and I'm wearing my Miasmal shirt. A guy working at the Mystery Lollipop Game just complimented me on my shirt. He then said he was bummed about missing King Diamond. Then he handed out more plastic spiders as prizes.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri October 24th, 2014, 5:33 pm

If I missed King Diamond I'd be a little more than bummed.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun November 23rd, 2014, 11:54 am

Every now and then I see dudes in band shirts at the gym. The last one I saw was Toxic Holocaust. I never talk to them though because they usually look like they're 18 or 19 and fresh out of basic. Haha
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu January 8th, 2015, 7:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD-1fBWHioA

I love the little girl in the bathing suit running past and not giving a shit.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri January 9th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Does anyone know what song that is? I don't recognize it as Slayer, but that isn't saying much.

So, I'm listening to a streaming station at work and Cradle of Filth covered both "Mr. Crowley" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name"?! Fucking travesties.

The first rule of Iron Maiden is that there are no synthesizers (or fucking guitar synths) in Iron Maiden.