List your current favorite beer and review it.

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri January 6th, 2012, 3:59 am

badcarburetor wrote:
GameFreac wrote: And got a 4 pack of Ten Fidy. It was $15 but I got a gift card....I tried one last night. Poured like motor oil. Insane. Tasted OK but I didn't like the overwhelming licorice taste and the booziness. Interesting to try though.
Keep an eye out for Old Engine Oil. Might be up you alley - and it packs a solid punch. Try a single before dropping cash on a multi pack, if possible. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/323/875
Cool...I'll check it out if I see it

maxwheel

Post by maxwheel » Sat January 7th, 2012, 3:58 pm

@ nocommands, have you EVEN tried it?

Strange

Post by Strange » Mon January 9th, 2012, 2:55 pm

I picked up a sixer of Yuengling Porter on the way to the Wonderroot show on Friday. I never knew such a thing existed but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't know how much of a review I can give it, but it tasted the way a porter should. Dark and refreshing. My first couple were nice and cold. The 2 spares that I took in my pocket which were bordering on room temp when I got to them were still quite enjoyable.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue January 10th, 2012, 11:20 am

I was at that Wonderroot show and saw somebody drinking a large jug of Mississippi Mud black and tan. Anyone of you ever had some of this?

maxwheel

Post by maxwheel » Tue January 10th, 2012, 2:46 pm

@ moloc, yes, tried it. A nothing special brew selling on a unique and interesting bottle. Not bad or anything, you're just paying for a fancy bottle.

maxwheel

Post by maxwheel » Tue January 10th, 2012, 2:51 pm

therefore, I don't even recommend it

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Thu February 9th, 2012, 9:54 pm

I know a lot about beer. Thanks.
Thanks,
SBG

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri February 10th, 2012, 11:12 am

Forgot to mention this but I went to the Brick Store Pub a few weeks ago for my b-day. I got:

Hopslam (on draft)
2009 Founders Imperial Stout
2007 Boon Gueuze
Rodenbach Grand Cru (on draft)

I spent like $55 on 4 beers but it was worth it. Haha.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Fri February 10th, 2012, 12:29 pm

I bet you were sloshed, too. That's a lot of high powered brew!

I've not had anything mind blowing recently. The best was probably the Founder's Breakfast Stout. It's got a nice coffee finish.

Oh, and the Bud Light Platinum at 6% alchohol is pretty decent.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri February 10th, 2012, 4:44 pm

badcarburetor wrote:I bet you were sloshed, too. That's a lot of high powered brew!

I've not had anything mind blowing recently. The best was probably the Founder's Breakfast Stout. It's got a nice coffee finish.

Oh, and the Bud Light Platinum at 6% alchohol is pretty decent.
I was pretty drunk and that was the plan but I didn't wanna get so drunk where I forgot what everything tasted like the next day and I succeeded. Haha.

I got 2 in my fridge. I was going to drink an FBS and Wake n Bake together and blend them to see what they tasted like but I got drunk last night and don't feel like drinking at all today. Maybe tomorrow.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Mon February 13th, 2012, 1:44 pm

GameFreac wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:
GameFreac wrote: And got a 4 pack of Ten Fidy. It was $15 but I got a gift card....I tried one last night. Poured like motor oil. Insane. Tasted OK but I didn't like the overwhelming licorice taste and the booziness. Interesting to try though.
Keep an eye out for Old Engine Oil. Might be up you alley - and it packs a solid punch. Try a single before dropping cash on a multi pack, if possible. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/323/875
I saw the Old Engine Oil at Green's on Ponce last week. Pricey, for sure, but they sell it by the single.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon February 13th, 2012, 11:21 pm

badcarburetor wrote:
GameFreac wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:
I saw the Old Engine Oil at Green's on Ponce last week. Pricey, for sure, but they sell it by the single.
I'm in Tennessee right now and I'm saving for a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot and a mix-six, and maybe some Green Flash if we get it soon in TN. If I see it at Total Wine in Kennesaw I'll check it out the next time I go.

Strange

Post by Strange » Tue February 14th, 2012, 11:47 am

GameFreac wrote:I got 2 in my fridge. I was going to drink an FBS and Wake n Bake together and blend them to see what they tasted like but I got drunk last night and don't feel like drinking at all today. Maybe tomorrow.
Someone suggested mixing the Wake N Bake with Terrapin Moo-Hoos.

I haven't dropped the coin to attempt this yet, but I'll wager it's pretty tasty.
mmmmm...breakfast beer...
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Tue February 14th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Genessee. Giant Package has a flat of 12 double deuce Genessee for $11. It's my fave beer now. It tastes like cold pocket change and has the aftertaste of, say, Bud Dry Ice. I drink it while listening to TROUBLE. It gets me drunk.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue February 14th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Ooh, the brutal Gennee Cream Ale. I haven't drank that in years. I spent a couple summer in Poughkeepsie and that was all anyone drank...along with wine coolers. Nasty hangover, those...