List your current favorite beer and review it.

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Ecrypt

List your current favorite beer and review it.

Post by Ecrypt » Fri February 12th, 2010, 1:45 am

Victory Storm King Imperial Stout
Look: 5 -Pours like liquid dark! Its completely obsidian, no light penetrates it. If motor oil looked as nice I'd drink it! Light brown head quickly dissolves with only slight lacing and leaves a crest around the goblet.
Smell: 5 -This is the sweetest smelling beer ever. a mixture of dark chocolate mocha and spice. Like beer potpourri.
Taste: 5 -DARK chocolate overpowers you at first, leading you well into the bite of its 9.8% alcohol. Then sweet spices emerge, like a faint Chai tea. The aftertaste is of a slightly bitter earth that lingers.
Feel: 5 -ROBUST! its thick full bodied. The Aunt Jemimah of beer! Becomes more volatile as it warms, and I get more descriptive as I drink it! ... See More
Drink: 5 -Drinks like a cup of coffee, except the burn is from the high-gravity alcohol. Its hard to take in more than a sip at a time.
Bottle design: 4.75 -is printed on paper which is not as impressive as some bottles but the design is exemplary of what an epic America Imperial Stout should be! Victory's branding is bold, as is its line of beers. The illustrated crowned eagle is swooping in to take you on an equally epic ride though dark storm clouds to have a stout with the Thunder God himself!
Overall: A+ This stout is surely the Storm King of its ilk! I LOVE this beer! it is tastier and smoother than any other imperial I've tried. I will be back for more!

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Fri February 12th, 2010, 9:22 am

Old Rasputin: thick, tasty, takes barely two to make me feel like the cat's meow

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri February 12th, 2010, 10:43 am

there's some fancy shit in my fridge...it came in a box with 9 different 'winter brews' and they're all pretty damn good.

aside from that: call me lame or whatever but Corona. I really like that one, next would be Heineken.

I know there's alot better beer out there, like the ones in that box in my fridge but I just haven't drank anything fancy on a regular basis, most I've tried only once, and couldn't accurately rate it I guess lol
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri February 12th, 2010, 12:36 pm

Holiday Rambler wrote:Old Rasputin: thick, tasty, takes barely two to make me feel like the cat's meow
That's one of my wife's favorites (she is the beer snob in our family). Hobgoblin and Stone's Arrogant Bastard are two great brews as well. Both are hoppy with good carbonation. The Hobgoblin has a subtle chocolate undertone. The Arrogant Bastard comes in oak-aged form as well. Excellent strong flavors and not too expensive.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Fri February 12th, 2010, 12:43 pm

Steele Reserve and it doesn't need explaining.

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Fri February 12th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Generubin wrote:Steele Reserve and it doesn't need explaining.
Ha ha ha!

I third the appreciation for Old Rasputin.

Also:

Sierra Nevada Torpedo... Hoppy as a beer can get this side of the Northwest and worth it for the smell of your shit alone the following day.

Heineken Dark... Haven't had this since I still a sixer from Winn Dixie before going to see Megadeth at the Metroplex. I saw it at the massive Asian market on Buford and was locked in. Tastes like New Castle to me, without the sugary finish. Not a Heineken lager fan but the dark stuff rules.
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri February 12th, 2010, 8:02 pm

It's been a longass times since I had a Heineken dark. I might just have to check that out again.

I'm not such a big fan of the Old Rasputin. My beer of choice remains the Guinness.

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Sat February 13th, 2010, 3:39 am

Natty Ice, Keystone
We're here to make everything metal... blacker than the blackest black times infinity

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat February 13th, 2010, 9:08 am

Metalfreak wrote:aside from that: call me lame or whatever but Corona.
Girl, I was gonna come on here and go "CORONA." In the Fast & the Furious (shut up, car chase movies are my secret shame) Vin Diesel says "You can have any beer you want as long as it's a Corona." I always say it right along with him.

So I'm way lamer than you. :oops:

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Sat February 13th, 2010, 11:00 am

Knucklehead wrote:It's been a longass times since I had a Heineken dark. I might just have to check that out again.

I'm not such a big fan of the Old Rasputin. My beer of choice remains the Guinness.
I never woulda sought it out. Just bumped into it. Literally.

Guinness is the king of beers. I once spent over $100 on Guinness pints at shitty Brooklyn club on St Patty's Day a few years ago. Only remember being too broke to get a subway fare and puking on the street. That beer goes from beer to chocolate milk to some sort of honey solution to life blood. Everyone seems to think it's a dense drink but I've never had something go down so goddamn easy. Guinness is dangerous.
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat February 13th, 2010, 6:36 pm

If I have money it's: Piraat, Gulden Draak, New Castle, Yuengling Black and Tan, Guinness and any Sam Adams (Octoberfest and Brown Ale really rule).

If I'm a little strapped for cash it's Steele Reserve or Icehouse.

In my fridge right now is Shiner Bock.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat February 13th, 2010, 8:55 pm

Azrael wrote:Piraat, Gulden Draak
Two great (and expensive) beers. They are in Kquvien's top 5 as well.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat February 13th, 2010, 11:47 pm

Azrael wrote: If I'm a little strapped for cash it's Steele Reserve or Icehouse.
I'd rather just stay sober than drink either of those! Talkin about making a maggot puke :lol:

@Diana- hahaha awesome, were both lame woohoo!

Yeah guinness is good too...I like Irish Car Bombs alot but I don't think I would want to get drunk off those....
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Sun February 14th, 2010, 3:38 am

Azrael wrote:Gulden Draak
Just tried this on friday actually. was a nice beer and the alcohol content was pretty strong. don't know if i'll spend 12 bucks for another one though. still need to try an arrogant bastard. ipa's seem to be my favorite especially sierra nevada
We're here to make everything metal... blacker than the blackest black times infinity

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Sun February 14th, 2010, 5:25 am

Steel Reserve in the silver cans is ... drinkable, especially because it's so watery you can drink it fast and for long periods of time. The kind in the black cans, however, which I think has a higher alcohol content, tastes -- and I am not exaggerating -- how roach spray smells. And I don't mean the newer, foresty smelling roach spray; I mean like that rusty can of RAID that's been under your kitchen sink for maybe fifteen years.

That said, it's delicious compared to Keystone. I wouldn't drink that with Bea Arthur's dick.