Joey Belladonna

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

livmons

Joey Belladonna

Post by livmons » Sat February 27th, 2010, 2:15 pm

What do you mean I'm not kind, just not your kind.
___
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/punkaddiction">last.fm</a>
<a href="http://livingmonstrosity.tumblr.com/">tumblr</a>

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Fri March 5th, 2010, 1:51 am

Loved his first solo album in 1995, very underrated.

Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff5WjczTHq8

livmons

Post by livmons » Thu May 13th, 2010, 10:46 am

What do you mean I'm not kind, just not your kind.
___
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/punkaddiction">last.fm</a>
<a href="http://livingmonstrosity.tumblr.com/">tumblr</a>

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Thu May 13th, 2010, 1:25 pm

ohhh shi-----

I have to check this out.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu May 13th, 2010, 3:13 pm

yea heard he was back the other day, hopefully anthrax will come to town while he's still in
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sat May 15th, 2010, 12:05 am

I would have been so stoked for this after Bush left, but now I really can't drum up any serious enthusiasm. Sure, I'll go. Probably. Unless it's at the ghey ass Tabernacle. Then I still might. I mean, I love those Belladonna albums, but Charlie and Scott have sucked the life out of that band's legacy. Too bad this couldn't have happened years ago when the band still had some shreds of integrity left.

The upside is that they problably won't play any of that wack alternarock they recorded during the Bush era.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sat May 15th, 2010, 12:25 am

badcarburetor wrote:I would have been so stoked for this after Bush left, but now I really can't drum up any serious enthusiasm. Sure, I'll go. Probably. Unless it's at the ghey ass Tabernacle. Then I still might. I mean, I love those Belladonna albums, but Charlie and Scott have sucked the life out of that band's legacy. Too bad this couldn't have happened years ago when the band still had some shreds of integrity left.

The upside is that they problably won't play any of that wack alternarock they recorded during the Bush era.
how have Charlie and Scott sucked the life out of the band? They couldn't stay 18 for forever and people change over time. I'm not saying I'm a fan of any of the Bush era Anthrax past TSOWN but I can't blame a band for not rehashing the same music for 30 years.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sat May 15th, 2010, 1:15 am

Not sure from where you got the not putting out the same shit as when they were 18 angle, but, um, ok, whatever. I can work with that for shits and giggles. So...Nearly twenty years of crap alternative music from a band that was a dedicated thrash band and who loved to flaunt all their underground influences on their sleeves (going so far as to record covers albums and steal their name - something they would have known if they were truly into the English anarcho scene like they would like one to believe by recording a Discharge song and saying that band was a major influence. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that they were much closer to 30 than 18 when they soldout and higher Bush to make alternarock. Yeah, I said "soldout" because what they did was a calculated move made for no other reason that to take a stab at making radio rock friendly releases and can the guy who's style of singing was yesterday's news. That all would be a start, but that wasn't my point.

My point is this, in the begining they presented themselves as a brotherhood of (straight edge) thrashers. They had a united front, but then Joey's style of singing went out of favor, so they got Bush and publicly dogged Joey. Then they reunited with Joey to cash in on the growing thrash/nostalgia wave after their bland grungey/alternarock style stopped selling as well. That didn't work out so they dogged on Joey again. (Did Bush pop back up again at that point? I lost my scorecard.) Anyway, then they got some unknown who would take minimum wage. A flash in the pan later and they are bullshitting up and down about why he was ill/out of the band. John comes back and they label him the "true singer of Anthrax" and insult Joey some more. Now they are taking Joey back with a whole story about a how he's the real guy.

Throw in covers records, re-recordings, an utter lack of new material, complete media whoring and an absolute inability to know when to shut the fuck up and not speak to the press. But they can't do that because they crave the limelight even when it's Vegas odds that their words will backfire on them.

Oh, and Scott claiming to stockpile Cipro because he thought his band would be attacked with Anthrax in the wake of 911 for having the name Anthrax was so precious.

In short, those dudes never met a chance to make a dollar that they turned down, no matter how much it chipped away at their integrety or public image. Don't get me wrong, I don't deny anyone the chance to change/evolve make a buck. But I reserve the right to call a lying pile of shit a lying pile of shit when I smell a lying pile of shit.

Still, I will probably go to the show and enjoy myself moderately. However, I will recognize that what I am doing is no different from what the yuppies do at Chastain with their wine and candlelight while watching a bunch of creatively bankrupt ringers belt out the nostalgic songs of their youth.

Lastly, I will say that I should have seen all this coming way back in the 80s when dumbasses tried to copyright the NYHC logo. THEY WERE NEVER A HC band! Why, why, why would they do that? It's too bad that the NYHC skinheads never got to take that outta their ass.

So, yeah, that's where I get "how....Charlie and Scott have sucked the life out of the band."

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sat May 15th, 2010, 9:50 am

sounds like you've had an issue with them from the start. I've got no problem with that.....if it weren't for Scott Ian introducing me to the ninja turtles and Among The Living being so great I would hate them.

maybe my realization that they were never all that great makes me not really care about how they have done things in the past......or present.

I can't blame them for trying to make a buck anyway they know how......being a D-lister beats the hell out of working in some warehouse for minimum wage.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sat May 15th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Actually I was a pretty big fan from the Turbin years up until the Bush era. All the original vinyl, shows, etc... During that time I was willing to excuse many lame moves because it's their band to do with as they choose. It wasn't until they openly turned into lying backstabber opportunists that I began to think ill of them.

BlazeTSU:

"I can't blame them for trying to make a buck anyway they know how......being a D-lister beats the hell out of working in some warehouse for minimum wage."

There is a world of difference between working minimum wage and conducting oneself with dignity and honor. I know that I have made choices in my life that sacrificed personal gain in order to maintain my self respect as I bet have most of us on here. I'll even say that if Anthrax had behaved better when times were tough that they would be far more successful and respected than they are today.

Just my opinion and we can agree to disagree.

Sorry if this is a fucked up post. I'm typing it on an iPhone while on an excercise bike. I proofed it the best I could.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat May 15th, 2010, 4:34 pm

badcarburetor wrote:Sorry if this is a fucked up post. I'm typing it on an iPhone while on an excercise bike. I proofed it the best I could.
For those of you that do not have iPhones, I would like to state for the record that this is no mean feat. My hat is off to you, badcarburetor.

And I don't know shit about the history of Anthrax, but your post is delightful.

Good day.

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Sat May 15th, 2010, 8:13 pm

It's all about the ultra-retard goof that is SOD. Hump the band/scene politicks in the arse.
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat May 15th, 2010, 9:25 pm

VOEGTLIN wrote:It's all about the ultra-retard goof that is SOD.
But only the first album. ... suddenly, I have a craving for milk...

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Sat May 15th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Yeah... But I have - and play - Live @ Budokan.

WHAT'S THAT FUCCCCKKKKING NOISE? !
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Strange

Post by Strange » Tue May 25th, 2010, 10:40 am

The only way I'll give a shit about this is if they go back to writing good music. The early work was awesome. SOWN was a change but still a killer album. After that they really lost me. I never blamed Bush. I loved his voice. I just thought the songs sucked.

I really dug "What Doesn't Die," the lead-off track from their last album. Unfortunately the rest of the album blew (except for some pretty stellar drum work).

So, if they go back to writing good songs, count me in. Otherwise...meh.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!