New Introduction Thread

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

RAM

Post by RAM » Sun February 1st, 2015, 5:36 pm

Metalfreak wrote:I've been to Macon a few times (not for shows though). Not much there compared to Atlanta. Definitely make the drive up to Atlanta for shows, it'll be worth it! And welcome to the forums! \m/
Thanks! I keep meaning to, but full-time student stuff and day jobs usually keep me stuck here during all the good shows, haha.
Diana wrote:Welcome, RAM! I, like Nelson Muntz, have never been to Macon, GA. Tell is about this zine! :)
You're not missing much from Macon. It's full of old dilapidated buildings with nowhere to park. :P

The zine's been fun, though! It's called Macon Metal even though it does stuff like punk and rock as well. My friend's the one who started it; I help him out by writing interviews and other small articles. I've actually spent most of today finishing up our latest one. :)

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Sun February 1st, 2015, 5:54 pm

RAM wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:I've been to Macon a few times (not for shows though). Not much there compared to Atlanta. Definitely make the drive up to Atlanta for shows, it'll be worth it! And welcome to the forums! \m/
Thanks! I keep meaning to, but full-time student stuff and day jobs usually keep me stuck here during all the good shows, haha.
Diana wrote:Welcome, RAM! I, like Nelson Muntz, have never been to Macon, GA. Tell is about this zine! :)
You're not missing much from Macon. It's full of old dilapidated buildings with nowhere to park. :P

The zine's been fun, though! It's called Macon Metal even though it does stuff like punk and rock as well. My friend's the one who started it; I help him out by writing interviews and other small articles. I've actually spent most of today finishing up our latest one. :)
You got a link?

RAM

Post by RAM » Sun February 1st, 2015, 8:38 pm

Moloc wrote:You got a link?
We've got a blog/website here where I post the articles from each issue as the month goes on. Our first issue was quite the comedy of errors from our end and wasn't planned out half as well as we thought, so we're trying to be more organized now, haha.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue February 3rd, 2015, 10:35 pm

RAM wrote: but full-time student stuff and day jobs usually keep me stuck here during all the good shows, haha.
I know the feeling. I'm in east bumfuck NM now and have to drive at least 3 hours to go see shows. I missed Cannibal Corpse & Behemoth last night because I had to go to work this morning. (didn't feel like pulling an all-nighter & being tired today lol)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Tue February 23rd, 2016, 2:13 pm

Hi, new here

I just moved to ATL a few months ago. Found the forum searching for concerts/venues etc. Hopefully will make it to a few in the near future.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue February 23rd, 2016, 2:41 pm

Welcome.

GeorgiaV8

Post by GeorgiaV8 » Sat February 11th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Hey. New to ATL, moved here a couple of weeks ago. Not sure how active the metal scene is around here, but Marduk last Wednesday was pretty sweet. Hoping to find some like-minded folks who don't run away if you put on an Unleashed record.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Sat February 11th, 2017, 3:07 pm

Marduk WAS really good.

A lot of metalheads hang out at The Earl in East Atlanta Village and at The Highlander in Midtown. There are a lot of great shows at 529 in EAV as well.

Welcome.

GeorgiaV8

Post by GeorgiaV8 » Sat February 11th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Thanks!

Yeah, but I was really hoping for "Afrika". That song is easily my favorite on Frontschwein.

I found the Highlander already, went there on my own two or so times. Really awesome to have that in semi walking distance.

Mortis_Kull

Re: New Introduction Thread

Post by Mortis_Kull » Thu August 9th, 2018, 11:22 pm

I....... Live....... Agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiinnnnnnnn

I'm back after finally able to get my password! Unfortunately it's my old one instead of my Jägerwolf account (I still cant get access to it for some reason despite my name and email). Unless someone can help me out, this will have to do.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri August 10th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Welcome back.

Temple of Blood

Post by Temple of Blood » Tue November 6th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Hi, new to the forum. I sing/play guitar for thrash band Temple of Blood. You can check out some of our music in the links below.

upperyellow

Post by upperyellow » Fri May 31st, 2019, 1:00 pm

Hi, is this thread still alive? I'm new to the forum and I'm lurking the forum for some new metal bands to listen to.
Who said a metal head can't be a bookie? I do it with a bookie pay per head

the_rhythm

Post by the_rhythm » Tue March 1st, 2022, 11:45 am

Hi, longtime lurker and finally but the bullet and signed up. I've been going to shows in Atlanta for over 20 years. I'm sure I've seen many of you. Just wanted to introduce myself.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Tue March 1st, 2022, 12:23 pm

welcome!
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -