what CD's are everyone currently buying?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri August 6th, 2010, 2:12 pm

lsaldana wrote:
GameFreac wrote:I like browsing...I always tell my friends they can leave and come back later when I go in a record store or FYE because I take my sweet time.
Which FYE? From my experience their collection is rather dull and overpriced; takes me no time to leave. The best I've seen is a few of the last darkthrone cds, one emperor, one hellhammer collection, and some older death.
The one at Town Center Mall in Kennesaw. It's not huge but it's decent and has surprisingly good stuff occasionally. I usually never buy anything but if I see a band I've never heard of or never checked out, I'll listen to the 30 second previews, put it in my phone, then go check em out when I get home.

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Mon August 9th, 2010, 7:00 pm

Been buying to much shit but it was hardcore day at FYE. I can't believe I found these CD's there:
SUBHUMANS: The Day The Country Died
THE VIRUS: Nowhere To Hide
AGNOSTIC FRONT: Last Warning
SEPTIC DEATH: Attention
All for 7 bucks or less. Anyone into the Descendents?

V03GTLIN

Post by V03GTLIN » Mon August 9th, 2010, 7:50 pm

V-GER wrote:Been buying to much shit but it was hardcore day at FYE. I can't believe I found these CD's there:
SUBHUMANS: The Day The Country Died
THE VIRUS: Nowhere To Hide
AGNOSTIC FRONT: Last Warning
SEPTIC DEATH: Attention
All for 7 bucks or less. Anyone into the Descendents?
SEPTIC DEATH!!!!

Yeah, the descendents. I saw 'em a few times at the Metroplex when I was 15-16. I have that one LP with the weird Milo drawing on it. ROBO was playing drums live. It was KILLER.
doubledogpaleale wrote:fuck you and your mall shirts.

Diana

Post by Diana » Tue August 10th, 2010, 8:04 am

V-GER wrote:Anyone into the Descendents?
Fuck yeah, Descendents. For several months now I have randomly woken up with "Statue of Liberty" stuck in my head. I don't know what that means, but at least it's keeping other horrible things out of there. [winks at badcarburetor]

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue August 10th, 2010, 8:50 am

Latest i-tunes purchases:

Slayer - World Painted Blood (was not impressed)
Clutch - Live at the 9:30 Club
Danzig - Danzig (I just clicked play and my 1.5 year old daughter was dancing to "Twist of Cain" just now.)

My itunes says I've authorized 5 out of 5 computers now. I hope this computer lasts a long time, otherwise I'm in trouble with some of my purchases i think.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue August 10th, 2010, 9:58 am

CDs:
NME - Unholy Death
Energetic Krusher -= Path to Oblivion
Wolvhammer - Black Marketeers of World War III
Abruptum - Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectere Me (on Deathlike Silence)

7"
Abigail/Wastelander split (thanks to sleyja for the tip!)

LPs:
The Devil's Blood - Come Reap (it's no Time of No Time Evermore, but it's still cool, especially the art)
David Bowie - Live Santa Monica '72

I always thought the Descendents were one of those bands that pretty much everyone loves, or, at minimum, digs to some extent.

Careful, Diana. You'll put *that* song back in your head just by trying not to think about it.
Last edited by badcarburetor on Tue August 10th, 2010, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue August 10th, 2010, 10:19 am

everything sux

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue August 10th, 2010, 11:14 am

Oh yeah, I just got a 3 DVD set of Watain Lawless Blackness of No Return. It's three live shows on three disks. I'm not sure if it is bootleg or semi-legit. Doubt I'll make through all three sets, but it was cheap on eBay.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue August 10th, 2010, 1:06 pm

Diana wrote:
V-GER wrote:Anyone into the Descendents?
Fuck yeah, Descendents. For several months now I have randomly woken up with "Statue of Liberty" stuck in my head. I don't know what that means, but at least it's keeping other horrible things out of there. [winks at badcarburetor]
Loooooooove descendents. i listen to milo goes to college at least 3 or 4 times a week.

"You can't tell me what to do... you can't make me THINK I LOVE YOU!"

i think i'll listen to it now actually!
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Mon August 16th, 2010, 10:17 am

Book Nook totally sucks now. I hadn't been in there in a couple years, but, wow, nothing of value. I did pick up a few LPs.

LPs
Wings - Over America and the Speed of Sound
96 Rock Home Cookin' IV
Genya Rvan - ...And I Mean It
Killed by Death - Vol. 1 comp

Not Book Nook"
Evil Survives - Powerkiller LP, Metal Vengeance LP and Judas Priest Live 7"

afuneraloffire89

Post by afuneraloffire89 » Mon August 16th, 2010, 1:42 pm

I just bought the new Nominon from Deathgasm. First CD I've bought in like three years probably.
I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/SeveredFaith
Reverbnation.com/Beeravore

Jinglepup

Post by Jinglepup » Mon August 16th, 2010, 8:45 pm

I'm going to buy the new Tristania at the end of the month, Pete Johannsen needs to pull a rabbit out of his violin case to make the purchase worth it though...
I mourn as and with DarkWolfen as our metal hero is gone. :(

"You're Hindu? I didn't think there were any Hindus in Snellville. What, what did I say wrong?"-Me

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue August 17th, 2010, 2:06 pm

The mail brought the new Bonded by Blood LP, Exiled to Earth. Looks like it might be a - gasp - concept album. Not positive about that, though. The typeface on the lyric sheet is so small it would give me a monster headache to try to read through it.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed August 18th, 2010, 6:29 am

badcarburetor wrote:The mail brought the new Bonded by Blood LP, Exiled to Earth. Looks like it might be a - gasp - concept album. Not positive about that, though. The typeface on the lyric sheet is so small it would give me a monster headache to try to read through it.
that is a band i just can't get into... maybe i should give them another chance but most of those straight up 80"s revival thrash bands do nothing for me. that, and their cover art work suuuuuuuuuucks.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Wed August 18th, 2010, 7:23 am

I like thrash revival. I mean, I loved thrash the first time around and was seriously bummed out when it died off. Some bands are doing a really good job of reviving the sound and I'm just fine with that. I really liked the first BBB (even if their name blows) and hope I'll dig this one. I get why "revival" leaves some people cold; to each their own...

And terrible cover art is proud metal tradition!