fucked up movies

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
Metalfreak
Member
Posts: 4173
Joined: Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:26 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Metalfreak » Sun August 7th, 2011, 2:09 pm

slut rag wrote:so you finally saw it, eh? i like the movie...could definitely see how it would give you fucked up dreams though. there are some really hard to watch scenes in the movie. did you watch the original (in another language) or the american remake? i saw the remake first and when i saw the original on netflix i watched the first 5 minutes and they seemed to be EXACTLY the same besides different actors. even the naked city song was there.
I watched the American remake. Last night we looked it up on youtube cause we wanted to know who did that song and we found a clip of the original...yep, exactly the same and the song was there like you said.

Yeah, the dream was a bit more involved and it was pretty fucked up but it wasn't a nightmare or anything. hahaha my store manager was poisoning the water and shit like that.

We let our roommate hear the Naked City sing and he asked if it was Anal Cunt :lol:

badcarburetor
Member
Posts: 2129
Joined: Mon March 23rd, 2009, 9:12 pm
Location: ATL

Post by badcarburetor » Mon August 8th, 2011, 11:33 am

I've not seen either version of that film, but I do know that the American version was a shot by shot remake of the original. Why is that done??
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

slut rag
Member
Posts: 1555
Joined: Wed February 22nd, 2006, 11:36 am
Location: McDonner, Georgia...

Post by slut rag » Mon August 8th, 2011, 11:52 am

[quote="badcarburetor"]I've not seen either version of that film, but I do know that the American version was a shot by shot remake of the original. Why is that done??[/quote]

that IS really fucking strange. i still want to give the original a chance though...actors could be better (or worse, who knows until i watch)

User avatar
Ryan
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat July 26th, 2008, 2:15 pm
Location: Satan's Anus
Contact:

Post by Ryan » Mon August 8th, 2011, 11:55 am

i saw the remake and it is DEFINITELY fucked. Made the mistake of watching it with my parents... awkward.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

slut rag
Member
Posts: 1555
Joined: Wed February 22nd, 2006, 11:36 am
Location: McDonner, Georgia...

Post by slut rag » Mon August 8th, 2011, 11:56 am

[quote="Ryan"]i saw the remake and it is DEFINITELY fucked. Made the mistake of watching it with my parents... awkward.[/quote]

hahah, yeah, that could be really fucking awkward i'd imagine.

User avatar
Metalfreak
Member
Posts: 4173
Joined: Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:26 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Metalfreak » Mon August 8th, 2011, 11:57 am

badcarburetor wrote:I've not seen either version of that film, but I do know that the American version was a shot by shot remake of the original. Why is that done??
don't know but it sounds like a waste of money! Well, the remake was good...they had good actors. I was expecting shitty acting haha

Diana
Member
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri August 28th, 2009, 12:48 pm
Location: Snellville

Post by Diana » Wed August 10th, 2011, 11:54 am

badcarburetor wrote:I've not seen either version of that film, but I do know that the American version was a shot by shot remake of the original. Why is that done??
And then there's [REC] -- the American remake "Quarantine" was filmed WHILE THE ORIGINAL SPANISH FILM WAS STILL BEING SHOT. I can't remember how the filmmakers found out, but it wasn't their idea. The studio sold the rights out from under them.

During my many angry rants about unnecessary American remakes, I have been informed that Americans absolutely will not read subtitles. This is apparently why shot-for-shot remakes are continually being churned out. Hollywood wouldn't make as much money or get to show as many boobs if they just overdubbed an existing foreign film.

badcarburetor
Member
Posts: 2129
Joined: Mon March 23rd, 2009, 9:12 pm
Location: ATL

Post by badcarburetor » Fri August 12th, 2011, 11:58 am

Anyone ever seen Death Metal Zombies? I tried searching for it on here, but those search terms blow on this site!
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Brian
WREKage Staff
Posts: 3756
Joined: Sun February 25th, 2007, 3:20 pm
Location: Midtown

Post by Brian » Fri August 12th, 2011, 12:50 pm

badcarburetor wrote:Anyone ever seen Death Metal Zombies? I tried searching for it on here, but those search terms blow on this site!
You've gotta use the second option in the search -- 'Search for all terms' -- in combination with the operators....so it would be a search for 'death AND metal AND zombies' with the second button selected. No worries though, that's the first time it's been mentioned here.

badcarburetor
Member
Posts: 2129
Joined: Mon March 23rd, 2009, 9:12 pm
Location: ATL

Post by badcarburetor » Fri August 12th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Brian wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:Anyone ever seen Death Metal Zombies? I tried searching for it on here, but those search terms blow on this site!
You've gotta use the second option in the search -- 'Search for all terms' -- in combination with the operators....so it would be a search for 'death AND metal AND zombies' with the second button selected. No worries though, that's the first time it's been mentioned here.
Gotcha. I was lazy and went low tech with the just the string in quotes.

The film looks stunningly bad. Which is fine...if it's so bad that it's fun, but I have a feeling this is just plain "bad."
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

User avatar
Kurt
Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun July 25th, 2004, 11:54 pm

Post by Kurt » Sat August 13th, 2011, 10:26 am

badcarburetor wrote:I've not seen either version of that film, but I do know that the American version was a shot by shot remake of the original. Why is that done??
From what I understand, Henake was mostly interested in having his film seen by Americans. When the original didn't get any recognition in the states (afterall, it is in another language and is therefore an art film and therefore isn't worth showing), he re-shot it with pretty big name American actors (Tim Roth, Naomi Watts, Michael Pitt).

Anyways, definitely a great film that was never meant to be "enjoyed" in any practical sense.

slut rag
Member
Posts: 1555
Joined: Wed February 22nd, 2006, 11:36 am
Location: McDonner, Georgia...

Post by slut rag » Sun August 14th, 2011, 8:45 am

watched gaspar noe's "i stand alone" last night. same guy who made irreversible and enter the void (great movie). definitely a really fucked movie...this gaspar dude really likes to make his audience feel shitty and awkward. good movie though. i didn't fall asleep watching it! thats how i judge movies, by the way.

Diana
Member
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri August 28th, 2009, 12:48 pm
Location: Snellville

Post by Diana » Sun August 14th, 2011, 10:29 am

slut rag wrote:watched gaspar noe's "i stand alone" last night. same guy who made irreversible and enter the void (great movie). definitely a really fucked movie...this gaspar dude really likes to make his audience feel shitty and awkward. good movie though. i didn't fall asleep watching it! thats how i judge movies, by the way.
I cannot judge movies that way. I fell asleep during Reservoir Dogs in the theater which was like the loudest thing ever. I've also fallen asleep on the floor of MARTA on the way back from WCW. Basically I can sleep anywhere, anytime, anyhow. They call me the Velocinaptor.

I liked "Irriversible" and "Enter the Void." I will add "I Stand Alone."

User avatar
Metalfreak
Member
Posts: 4173
Joined: Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:26 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Metalfreak » Sun August 14th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Diana wrote:
slut rag wrote:watched gaspar noe's "i stand alone" last night. same guy who made irreversible and enter the void (great movie). definitely a really fucked movie...this gaspar dude really likes to make his audience feel shitty and awkward. good movie though. i didn't fall asleep watching it! thats how i judge movies, by the way.
I cannot judge movies that way. I fell asleep during Reservoir Dogs in the theater which was like the loudest thing ever. I've also fallen asleep on the floor of MARTA on the way back from WCW. Basically I can sleep anywhere, anytime, anyhow. They call me the Velocinaptor.
hahaha yeah, same goes for me. Especially when drunk, like last night :lol:

User avatar
Ryan
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat July 26th, 2008, 2:15 pm
Location: Satan's Anus
Contact:

Post by Ryan » Mon August 15th, 2011, 8:10 am

Haha Velocinaptor
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests