THE HORROR

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

V03GTLIN

THE HORROR

Post by V03GTLIN » Thu July 8th, 2010, 8:34 am

Please... only NEW horror wreck-o-mend-a-shuns.

The Crazies (remake). Yes. It's really good. No shit.

Dead Snow -- silly Norse Nazi zombie movie that has a few good moments but isn't really that great. Still worth a watch.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu July 8th, 2010, 11:40 am

Let the Right One In
It's from Norway or Sweden or something... I think there's a US remake happening but they'll fuck it up I'm sure. You HAVE to watch it with subtitles, some of the DVDs have a dub track on them but it is TERRIBLE and isn't true to the actual dialogue...plus it sounds like the same person is doing all the voices.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

V03GTLIN

Post by V03GTLIN » Thu July 8th, 2010, 12:45 pm

own it.

Azrael

Re: THE HORROR

Post by Azrael » Thu July 8th, 2010, 1:51 pm

V03GTLIN wrote: Dead Snow -- silly Norse Nazi zombie movie that has a few good moments but isn't really that great. Still worth a watch.
I've seen this, at first I was ragging on it but by the end it was worth the watch. Nazi Zombies and Scandinavian woman win with me everytime.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Thu July 8th, 2010, 3:04 pm

I loved all three of these flicks. The Crazies was a very pleasant surprise. I'm usually not big on horror, only zombie flicks do it for me most of the time. Kind of related would be Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's not marketed as a horror film, but by the end it's pretty fucking twisted. Word is it is also being remade with Kristen Stewart in the title role. I'm sure that will be about as worthwhile as the remake of the amazing La Femme Nikita.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Thu July 8th, 2010, 3:51 pm

[quote="badcarburetor"]I loved all three of these flicks. The Crazies was a very pleasant surprise. I'm usually not big on horror, only zombie flicks do it for me most of the time. Kind of related would be Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's not marketed as a horror film, but by the end it's pretty fucking twisted. Word is it is also being remade with Kristen Stewart in the title role. I'm sure that will be about as worthwhile as the remake of the amazing La Femme Nikita.[/quote]

they were talking about that girl with a dragon tattoo movie on G4.

V03GTLIN

Post by V03GTLIN » Thu July 8th, 2010, 4:01 pm

If no one's seen LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, change that. Like Ryan said, it's SVEEEDISH and you gotta watchit w/ the subtitties.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Thu July 8th, 2010, 4:02 pm

It's all worth it for the cat scene. I hate those vermin, but man that scene is amaaazing.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu July 8th, 2010, 4:17 pm

V03GTLIN wrote:If no one's seen LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, change that. Like Ryan said, it's SVEEEDISH and you gotta watchit w/ the subtitties.
Agreed.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri July 9th, 2010, 12:47 am

V03GTLIN wrote:If no one's seen LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, change that. Like Ryan said, it's SVEEEDISH and you gotta watchit w/ the subtitties.
+1

I was privileged to see this in a 'real' theater...it had a limited run at the LeFont Tara. Great book, too.

From the previews, it looks as if the American version will be almost a scene-for-scene recreation of the Swedish version....so I'm cautiously optimistic.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri July 9th, 2010, 1:32 am

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN is amazing!

THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL is also really good. It seriously feels like it was filmed in the late 70's/early 80's. Its not "amazing" but it is very good and has great feel and atmosphere which is usually lacking these days in horror movies.

JACK BROOKS MONSTER SLAYER is pretty badass. it came out a few years ago but I don't know if many people know about it. total 80's good time monster movie throw back. Robert Englund is in it and it has some great sequences.

I just saw the trailer for TOKYO ZOMBIE and it looked awesome....anyone seen it?

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri July 9th, 2010, 5:56 am

I need one of y'all to go see the new Predators movie and report back.

I am so sick of remakes and "reimaginings" and rebooted franchises.

spice

Post by spice » Fri July 9th, 2010, 6:18 am

Ryan wrote:Let the Right One In
It's from Norway or Sweden or something... I think there's a US remake happening but they'll fuck it up I'm sure. You HAVE to watch it with subtitles, some of the DVDs have a dub track on them but it is TERRIBLE and isn't true to the actual dialogue...plus it sounds like the same person is doing all the voices.
yes. it's great. i read that an american company is doing a remake that is going to make it into a "twilight" sort thing. the original swedish director is NOT happy about it.
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us."-Jerry Garcia

V03GTLIN

Post by V03GTLIN » Fri July 9th, 2010, 8:38 am

BlazeTSU wrote:THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL is also really good. It seriously feels like it was filmed in the late 70's/early 80's. Its not "amazing" but it is very good and has great feel and atmosphere which is usually lacking these days in horror movies.
This is West's best flick so far. Almost unbearably creepy! THE ROOST is pretty good too. Shit, I even liked CABIN FEVER 2 despite the corporate botched ending.

Strange

Post by Strange » Fri July 9th, 2010, 1:52 pm

Diana wrote:I need one of y'all to go see the new Predators movie and report back.

I am so sick of remakes and "reimaginings" and rebooted franchises.
I've heard good things.

...including Predator on Predator violence.

Apparently the script was written not long after the first one came out so it's hopefully not of the current Hollywood re-shoot/reboot ilk. Besides, even when Rodriguez's stuff isn't exactly cinematic gold it is still usually entertaining.

There's pretty much no way my wife will go see this so I'll prolly have to hit a midnight showing after she and the kids are asleep.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!