What's your favorite most pit story?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Jinglepup

Post by Jinglepup » Sat August 14th, 2010, 12:05 am

I always liked the story of former WREKage host and total nutjob, F'n Dan went to I don't know if it was Artimus Pyledriver or another band and got caught in the mosh pit. He talked about it on the show.

He said that he was on the outside of one and got pushed into the middle of it. Rights and lefts, knees and elbows thrashing all around and he couldn't find a way out of it. Then he got nailed, knocking out that little haughty pip squeak.

It couldn't have happened to better person. :lol:
I mourn as and with DarkWolfen as our metal hero is gone. :(

"You're Hindu? I didn't think there were any Hindus in Snellville. What, what did I say wrong?"-Me

lsaldana

Post by lsaldana » Sun August 15th, 2010, 8:00 pm

@ Jake, Tommy, et al....that shit will never cease to be funny. He dove into the light that night.

First, I was at The Glory's last US show (also playing with the Loose Skrews) at the Masqueerade-Hell and while the Glory started pumping out their tunes, a crowd of old obese "metal" dudes started a pit. I turn around and spot Gabe from the Loose Skrews sporting a Mexican wrestler mask and diving/hitting in the pit performing some Eddy Guerrero moves. Pit got pretty violent and beer was flying everywhere while the fat dudes started to breakdance in the middle of the circle pit; one of them spun around in the floor but only made half a circle. It was a circus.

Second, and worth mentioning, was the Verbal Abuse/Fang show at the Warehouse where the usual trash cans were flying, circle pits were breaking, and Mark and another dude hung from the ceiling, climbed and met in the middle and dropped dead into the front crowd. All this while some short guy got the trash can stuck on him and was running around in the mayhem trying to get it off. Fin.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun August 15th, 2010, 8:42 pm

I've got quite a few pit stories but here are a few that no one here probably knows....

a couple of years ago I went to the Behemoth/Withered show in Augusta and I was standing at the merch table talking to Mike and Anthony when I felt a tug on my shirt. I turned around and there was a midget standing there and he poked me in the chest and said "you.....me....armwrestle NOW!!!". So we cleared some shirts off the corner of the table and got down to business. He was pretty strong but in the end my superior arm length won the battle. He took it like a man and and then he kicked himself in the head for a Withered shirt.

next....

my old band HAERVEST was playing the 513 club with some crazy punk band way back. Toe, the guy that ran 513, told us that the band we were playing with were the craziest band he had ever seen and really pumped them up for being just balls out wild. Well, he wasn't lying! they showed up to the club drunk as hell and half of them were wearing casts on various limbs. they had two singers and one of them had one of those shoulder/arm casts that have the post that keeps the arm elevated and the other singer was basically the only guy that looked like he hadn't been in a car wreck the night before.

They started playing and totally sucked but they were going totally nuts and hitting each other with their instruments and the broke arm singer was slinging his mic around in circles and just smashing the other guys with it. The capper though was that the uninjured singer grabbed a ladder from the back of the stage and set it up in the middle of the pit. everybody cleared out and let him climp up to the top....he was really drunk and holding on to the electrical conduit running across the ceiling while tipping the ladder side to side and laughing. The other singer held up his mic and said "stop being a pussy!" and threw his body, cast and all, full force into the ladder and dude at the top tried to hang on to the conduit but he crashed to the ground and no joke completely broke his leg. It looked disgusting and was all bent the wrong way. It looked like it was broke in multiple places.

He ended up finishing the show and getting retarded drunk sitting on the stage. After the show they were carrying the guy out and he looked at me and said "after party at the ER bitches!"

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun August 15th, 2010, 9:52 pm

holy shit Blaze! hahaha that's insane!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

brutalitarian

Post by brutalitarian » Mon August 16th, 2010, 2:15 am

anyone remember the mini race wars that happened on occasion between the skinhead and hispanic populations at masquerade shows in the early 2000's? i'm glad to say i haven't seen any of that at shows i've been to in recent years.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Mon August 16th, 2010, 7:35 am

GameFreac wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:
Azrael wrote:At Watain, Nachtmystium and Angelcorpse in 2007 I was wasted drunk, drinking with the mexican metal squad (Heinken) when one of them put me on his shoulder and spun me around the pit like a cetrifual weapon of boots and beer. I already posted this on a differant thread but it warrents a re-tell.
That was a righteously hillarious sight. I never get tired of that story.

Mine's an oldy, but a goody too. Rocking out up front with Horna at Swayze's having just polished off my bottle of the Turkey when I suddenly realize that I'm on my back in a pile of Smirnoff glass looking up at the ceiling. Got up thinking I had maybe fallen over onto the body I see in front of me in the dark writhing on the floor. Put two and two together after a few seconds and realized that Corvus from Horna had taken me out from the stage ala Hacksaw Jim Duggan. I thought I had a lot to drink that night until I staggered out into the parking lot and spotted their bass player totally unconcious on the pavement unable to make it the last two feet to their RV.
One of the funniest shows I've ever been to. I couldn't stop laughing.

Mine sucks but it was funny to me. When Suffocation said to start a circle pit at Summer Slaughter, the huge fat black dude that goes to all the death metal shows at the Masq was to my left and I started to try to circle before everyone else did and I weigh like 150 lbs and I'm scrawny so I just ran right into him and was pushing and he was not moving at all. :lol:

You should try turning yourself into a human pinball next time. It is both hilarious and a good way to keep yourself from getting fucked up.

It is like moshing with the care bears.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon August 16th, 2010, 11:30 am

lsaldana wrote:First, I was at The Glory's last US show (also playing with the Loose Skrews) at the Masqueerade-Hell and while the Glory started pumping out their tunes, a crowd of old obese "metal" dudes started a pit. I turn around and spot Gabe from the Loose Skrews sporting a Mexican wrestler mask and diving/hitting in the pit performing some Eddy Guerrero moves. Pit got pretty violent and beer was flying everywhere while the fat dudes started to breakdance in the middle of the circle pit; one of them spun around in the floor but only made half a circle. It was a circus.

Second, and worth mentioning, was the Verbal Abuse/Fang show at the Warehouse where the usual trash cans were flying, circle pits were breaking, and Mark and another dude hung from the ceiling, climbed and met in the middle and dropped dead into the front crowd. All this while some short guy got the trash can stuck on him and was running around in the mayhem trying to get it off. Fin.
I was really bummed to miss that glory show. I've known gabe and clay since high school and the rest of those dudes for years. glad to hear it was a wild one.

that kid getting the trash can stuck on top of him was one of the single funniest things i've ever seen. thank you for reminding me.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon August 16th, 2010, 2:33 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:I've got quite a few pit stories but here are a few that no one here probably knows....

a couple of years ago I went to the Behemoth/Withered show in Augusta and I was standing at the merch table talking to Mike and Anthony when I felt a tug on my shirt. I turned around and there was a midget standing there and he poked me in the chest and said "you.....me....armwrestle NOW!!!". So we cleared some shirts off the corner of the table and got down to business. He was pretty strong but in the end my superior arm length won the battle. He took it like a man and and then he kicked himself in the head for a Withered shirt.

next....

my old band HAERVEST was playing the 513 club with some crazy punk band way back. Toe, the guy that ran 513, told us that the band we were playing with were the craziest band he had ever seen and really pumped them up for being just balls out wild. Well, he wasn't lying! they showed up to the club drunk as hell and half of them were wearing casts on various limbs. they had two singers and one of them had one of those shoulder/arm casts that have the post that keeps the arm elevated and the other singer was basically the only guy that looked like he hadn't been in a car wreck the night before.

They started playing and totally sucked but they were going totally nuts and hitting each other with their instruments and the broke arm singer was slinging his mic around in circles and just smashing the other guys with it. The capper though was that the uninjured singer grabbed a ladder from the back of the stage and set it up in the middle of the pit. everybody cleared out and let him climp up to the top....he was really drunk and holding on to the electrical conduit running across the ceiling while tipping the ladder side to side and laughing. The other singer held up his mic and said "stop being a pussy!" and threw his body, cast and all, full force into the ladder and dude at the top tried to hang on to the conduit but he crashed to the ground and no joke completely broke his leg. It looked disgusting and was all bent the wrong way. It looked like it was broke in multiple places.

He ended up finishing the show and getting retarded drunk sitting on the stage. After the show they were carrying the guy out and he looked at me and said "after party at the ER bitches!"
You win.