Analog tape just died

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Analog tape just died

Post by BoB » Thu January 6th, 2005, 2:07 am

From Slashdot: the world's last manufacturer of professional reel-to-reel analog audio tape has has closed their plant.
I remember skimming something recently that said MachineHead liked to record on analog tape for a more 'raw sound' :roll: I'm curious if anyone here uses analog tape?
Last edited by BoB on Thu January 6th, 2005, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu January 6th, 2005, 3:25 am

This is a crushing blow to the only person that I know that thinks being "high tech" is an insult. Southside Steve Rickman, he used everything on analog tape when well he had a show to play the shit on. Did anyone hear listen to the Regular Guys? Because I miss that fuckin show. :mrgreen

NP:TON-Black Sabbath (satan's perspective)

Fn Dan

Re: Analog tape just died

Post by Fn Dan » Thu January 6th, 2005, 11:46 am

bobnoxious wrote:From Slashdot: the world's last manufacturer of professional reel-to-reel analog audio tape in the world has has closed their plant.
I remember skimming something recently that said MachineHead liked to record on analog tape for a more 'raw sound' :roll:
Because of ProTools, much has changed, but previously, all guitars were recorded on tape, because it did provide a more "colorful" sound. Even with ProTools I think some bands had still prefered tape. To be completely honest though, I can't tell a difference. That's why I say the hell with it and just use a computer, way cheaper and quicker.

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Thu January 6th, 2005, 3:07 pm

It's about goddamn time

Eyal