Happy Thanksgiving!

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat November 27th, 2010, 4:06 pm

I gotta try that recipe...that looks so good! mmmmm
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Sat November 27th, 2010, 5:10 pm

badcarburetor wrote:Those japs are so metal...
I'll spare everyone the Sabbat jokes, but thanks for the recipe. On it.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sat November 27th, 2010, 6:35 pm

badcarburetor wrote: Beware that seeding all those peppers can leave a burn on your fingers that reactivates everytime you get your hands wet. Supposedly rubbing alcohol can take that out.
I wish I'd known that when I used to be the grill-and-nachos guy at Del Taco. After a day of pulling jalapenos out of the juice and putting them on nachos, my hands'd be red and blistered. :evil:
They came out really good. I took them to the in laws were no one ever eats anything more challenging than a pizza and they were gone in minutes.
:lol:

My contribution to TG dinner at my mom's up in Kennesaw: Carvel ice-cream cake (gone in seconds) and a pretty good Kroger strawberry-swirl cheesecake (half-gone in minutes; the rest I got to take home!).

DrkLrdViper666

Post by DrkLrdViper666 » Sun November 28th, 2010, 3:34 am

NO FUCKIN' WAY PAUL?! Dude, I worked @ Del Taco too, in 89 @ the one on lavista rd., by northlake mall & I worked on the line & even did prep work also!!!
Oh yeah, I remember making Pico De Gallo & the jalopeno seeds & juice burning & itching the living shit outta my fingers & hands!!!
Good Times!!! :D :lol:
The Dark Lord Of All Things Metal
& Lead Singer/Frontman www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/jimi.newton.9
www.myspace.com/darkevillordviper666

DrkLrdViper666

Post by DrkLrdViper666 » Sun November 28th, 2010, 7:00 am

...Oh & btw everyone, I made a killer Green Bean Casserole I found on allrecipes.com for Thanksgiving!!! :)
Everybody LOVED IT & it came out GREAT!!! :D
The Dark Lord Of All Things Metal
& Lead Singer/Frontman www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/jimi.newton.9
www.myspace.com/darkevillordviper666

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sun November 28th, 2010, 3:37 pm

badcarburetor wrote:Half and seed a bunch of japs
Were those pickled or fresh? I'm guessing pickled would prob taste better for this.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sun November 28th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Fresh. I don't think the flesh of the pickled would stand up to the cooking time necessary to render the bacon.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Sun November 28th, 2010, 7:38 pm

Diana wrote:
V-GER wrote:I just finished serving about 350 people and eat myself into a turkey coma! First year I didn't have TG with my family, oh well I need the cash!
Wow. Where was this?
I work at our local Moose Lodge #2199. We have over 2,000 members and are the largest lodge in the nation and one of the few that has employee's. I also wear gloves when preping the line and dinner service. I am damn good at making my chili, with fresh chopped jalapeno's!

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon November 29th, 2010, 8:26 pm

I just went to this lady's house from our old church. I don't get too excited for Thanksgiving because I'm picky as hell and only usually eat Turkey, Mashed Taters, and Mac & Cheese.

We did watch the Mythbusters Marathon though so I was thankful for the hot redhead from that show. Then we watched one of my favorite movies of all time, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. It got kinda awkward when Steve Martin said Fuck like 13 times in that one scene when he didn't get his rental car though in a house full of christians. :lol:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 30th, 2010, 11:37 pm

LOL @ Gamefreac.

As for wearing plastic gloves while messing with jalapenos....bwahahahaha. Gloves are for PUSSIES....and for restaurants after, say, 1995. :D
DrkLrdViper666 wrote:NO FUCKIN' WAY PAUL?! Dude, I worked @ Del Taco too, in 89 @ the one on lavista rd., by northlake mall & I worked on the line & even did prep work also!!!
Oh yeah, I remember making Pico De Gallo & the jalopeno seeds & juice burning & itching the living shit outta my fingers & hands!!!
Good Times!!! :D :lol:
I worked at the one on US 41 at Bells Ferry. I don't miss working there, but I -do- miss Del Taco. They were always a lot pricier than Taco Bell, but they had some really good stuff (steak and cheese burrito FTW).
Hell, they even had hamburgers...and they were always fresh-made since I only remember making maybe ten in a whole day, tops. :)