Beavis or Butt-Head?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Who did you like better, Beavis or Butt-Head?

Beavis
16
62%
Butt-Head
10
38%
 
Total votes: 26

User avatar
WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff
Posts: 1757
Joined: Fri June 25th, 2004, 2:28 am
Location: Immanion, Almagabra
Contact:

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sun December 19th, 2010, 3:16 am

The first time that "Cornholio" episode aired, a friends' band's video was included as one of the vids that B&B discuss or make fun of. The song was "Locked" from Mutha's Day Out, out of Batesville, AR.
Needless to say, they saw a HUGE spike in CD sales whenever that episode aired -- like 1,000 extra CD sales per week. :twisted:
The irony was, by that time they had broken up to get out of their contract with Chrysalis. :evil:

Edit: I voted for Beavis, breaking a 7-7 tie, but like others have said, it's a bit like voting for a Republicrat or a Demolican. Beavis actually had about three brain cells firing, while I'd be hard-pressed to find that many in Butthead's skull. :)

BTW, I didn't know the 'yang' was the black side either. I have now learned something from a "vote for Beavis or Butthead" thread. PH33R ME! (Or pity me, one of the two. :))

User avatar
GameFreac
Member
Posts: 2146
Joined: Thu May 22nd, 2008, 6:10 pm
Location: Cartersville

Post by GameFreac » Sun December 19th, 2010, 7:08 pm

I was deprived as a child so I cannot answer this. :(
Image

User avatar
Metalfreak
Member
Posts: 4173
Joined: Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:26 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Metalfreak » Mon December 20th, 2010, 12:33 am

GameFreac wrote:I was deprived as a child so I cannot answer this. :(
you. must. watch. now.

I voted Beavis.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

User avatar
Holiday Rambler
Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri October 21st, 2005, 8:52 am
Location: Brookhaven
Contact:

Post by Holiday Rambler » Mon December 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

"You boys done any prunin' before?"
"Huh huh huh huh huh...yeah."

User avatar
GameFreac
Member
Posts: 2146
Joined: Thu May 22nd, 2008, 6:10 pm
Location: Cartersville

Post by GameFreac » Mon December 20th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
GameFreac wrote:I was deprived as a child so I cannot answer this. :(
you. must. watch. now.

I voted Beavis.
3 shows I missed out on because of my evil mother when I was a kid:

1. Beavis and Butthead
2. The Simpsons
3. South Park

I will watch all of them in order one day.
Image

Diana
Member
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri August 28th, 2009, 12:48 pm
Location: Snellville

Post by Diana » Mon December 20th, 2010, 4:19 pm

GameFreac wrote:3 shows I missed out on because of my evil mother when I was a kid:

1. Beavis and Butthead
2. The Simpsons
3. South Park

I will watch all of them in order one day.
Yeah, restricting your kids from this stuff always gets bang-up results. My sister won't let her kids watch the Simpsons either. But when you get them alone, they can quote whole episodes of Assy McGee, South Park, Metalocalypse, all that shit that's on at like 1 am. WELL DONE, SIS.

Best of luck with your television rebellion, GameFreac. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in this. :D

User avatar
GameFreac
Member
Posts: 2146
Joined: Thu May 22nd, 2008, 6:10 pm
Location: Cartersville

Post by GameFreac » Mon December 20th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Diana wrote:
GameFreac wrote:3 shows I missed out on because of my evil mother when I was a kid:

1. Beavis and Butthead
2. The Simpsons
3. South Park

I will watch all of them in order one day.
Yeah, restricting your kids from this stuff always gets bang-up results. My sister won't let her kids watch the Simpsons either. But when you get them alone, they can quote whole episodes of Assy McGee, South Park, Metalocalypse, all that shit that's on at like 1 am. WELL DONE, SIS.

Best of luck with your television rebellion, GameFreac. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in this. :D
Haha thanks. I'll get around to it eventually.
Image

User avatar
Metalfreak
Member
Posts: 4173
Joined: Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:26 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Metalfreak » Tue December 21st, 2010, 12:18 pm

:shock: The Simpsons?!?

You have over 20 years wroth of episodes to catch up on and over 10 years worth for South Park :lol:

It'll be worth it though. I'm sure you'll be cracking up the whole time!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

badcarburetor
Member
Posts: 2129
Joined: Mon March 23rd, 2009, 9:12 pm
Location: ATL

Post by badcarburetor » Tue December 21st, 2010, 1:50 pm

Yeah, but both of those shows deal with such of-the-moment issues that I can imagine it would be hard for a younger person to drop into episodes from, say, the early-mid nineties without missing a lot of the references. Hopefully, in spite of that, those episodes will have aged well.

Still, it's worth the effort and it'll teach you a lot about pop culture that you may have missed out on when you were a kid.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

User avatar
GameFreac
Member
Posts: 2146
Joined: Thu May 22nd, 2008, 6:10 pm
Location: Cartersville

Post by GameFreac » Tue December 21st, 2010, 7:28 pm

badcarburetor wrote:Yeah, but both of those shows deal with such of-the-moment issues that I can imagine it would be hard for a younger person to drop into episodes from, say, the early-mid nineties without missing a lot of the references. Hopefully, in spite of that, those episodes will have aged well.

Still, it's worth the effort and it'll teach you a lot about pop culture that you may have missed out on when you were a kid.
True, but it's better than nothing. Can't go back in time so oh well.
Image

User avatar
Holiday Rambler
Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri October 21st, 2005, 8:52 am
Location: Brookhaven
Contact:

Post by Holiday Rambler » Wed December 22nd, 2010, 9:55 am

Tom Anderson: One of them calls himself "Butthole". And the other one's name is Joe, I think.
Cop: What do they look like, sir?
Tom Anderson: I believe they're Oriental.

User avatar
Azrael
Member
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed December 2nd, 2009, 9:25 pm
Location: Crossroads

Post by Azrael » Wed December 22nd, 2010, 5:13 pm

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oUwxLzrWJaw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oUwxLzrWJaw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ScreamBloodyGore
Member
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun October 21st, 2007, 12:52 pm
Location: Basement City

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Wed December 22nd, 2010, 5:31 pm

Holiday Rambler wrote:Tom Anderson: One of them calls himself "Butthole". And the other one's name is Joe, I think.
Cop: What do they look like, sir?
Tom Anderson: I believe they're Oriental.
I laffed and laffed.

User avatar
Moloc
Member
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sun August 8th, 2010, 2:19 pm
Location: In a van down by the river.
Contact:

Post by Moloc » Wed December 29th, 2010, 9:14 am

I heard there are new episodes. Has anyone seen any?

User avatar
GameFreac
Member
Posts: 2146
Joined: Thu May 22nd, 2008, 6:10 pm
Location: Cartersville

Post by GameFreac » Thu February 3rd, 2011, 11:02 pm

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests