Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Animal
Location: East Peoria, IL, USA(Yes, I'm a Yankee Blue Stater!)

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Post by Animal » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 1:48 am

Obama: Al-Qaida head bin Laden dead

JULIE PACE and MATT APUZZO, Associated Press Julie Pace And Matt Apuzzo, Associated Press – 13 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden, the glowering mastermind behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks that killed thousands of Americans, was slain in a firefight Sunday with U.S. forces in Pakistan, ending a manhunt that spanned a frustrating decade.

"Justice has been done," President Barack Obama said in a dramatic late-night announcement at the White House.

A jubilant crowd of thousands gathered outside the White House as word spread of bin Laden's death. Hundreds more sang and waved American flags at Ground Zero in New York â€â€￾ where the twin towers that once stood as symbols of American economic power were brought down by bin Laden's hijackers 10 years ago.

Another hijacked plane slammed into the Pentagon on that cloudless day, and a fourth was commandeered by passengers who forced it to the ground before it could reach its intended target in Washington.

U.S. officials said the helicopter raid in Pakistan was carried out by CIA paramilitaries together with the elite Navy SEAL Team Six. The U.S. team took custody of bin Laden's remains, which American officials said were being handled in accordance with Islamic tradition.

The death marks a psychological triumph in a long struggle, although its ultimate impact on al-Qaida is less clear.

The greatest terrorist threat to the U.S. is now considered to be the al-Qaida franchise in Yemen, far from al-Qaida's core in Pakistan. The Yemen branch almost took down a U.S.-bound airliner on Christmas 2009 and nearly detonated explosives aboard two U.S. cargo planes last fall. Those operations were carried out without any direct involvement from bin Laden.

Obama said he gave the order for the operation after receiving intelligence information that he did not further describe.

Click image to see photos of bin Laden, reaction to death

AP/Manuel Balce Ceneta
Former President George W. Bush, who was in office on the day of the attacks, issued a written statement hailing bin Laden's death as a momentous achievement. "The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done," he said.

Senior administration officials said the terrorist mastermind was found inside a custom-built compound with two security gates. They said it appeared to have been constructed to harbor one high-value target and that for undisclosed reasons, officials believed the hideout was bin Laden's.

Officials also said they believe the death puts bin Laden's al-Qaida on a path of decline that will be difficult to reverse, but there was no word on the whereabouts of bin Laden's second-in-command, Ayman al-Zawahri.

The stunning end to the world's most widely-watched manhunt came just months before the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Centers and Pentagon, orchestrated by al-Qaida, that killed nearly 3,000 people.

The attacks a decade ago seemed to come out of nowhere, even though al-Qaida had previously struck American targets overseas.

The terrorists hijacked planes, flew one of them into one of Manhattan's Twin Towers â€â€￾ and, moments later, into the other one. Both buildings collapsed, trapping thousands inside and also claiming the lives of firefighters and others who had rushed to help them.

A third plane slammed into the Pentagon, defacing the symbol of America's military night. Officials have speculated that the fourth plane had been heading for the U.S. Capitol or perhaps even the White House when it crashed in Pennsylvania.

The attacks set off a chain of events that led the United States into wars in Afghanistan, and then Iraq, and America's entire intelligence apparatus was overhauled to counter the threat of more terror attacks at home.

A senior administration official said Obama gave the final order for U.S. officials to go after bin Laden on Friday. The official added that a small team found its quarry hiding in a large home in an affluent suburb of Islamabad. The raid occurred in the early morning hours Sunday.

Administration officials offered some details of the operation.

Based on statements given by U.S. detainees, intelligence officials have known for years that bin Laden trusted one al-Qaida courier in particular, and they believed he might be living with him in hiding. In November, intelligence officials found out where he was living, a huge fortified compound in an affluent suburb of Islamabad. It was surrounded by walls as high as 18 feet high, topped with barbed wire. There were two security gates and no phone or Internet running into the house.

Intelligence officials believed the $1 million home was custom-built to harbor a major terrorist. CIA experts analyzed whether it could be anyone else, but time and again, they decided it was almost certainly bin Laden.

Three adult males were also killed in Sunday's raid, including one of bin Laden's sons, whom officials did not name. One of bin Laden's sons, Hamza, is a senior member of al-Qaida.

Obama spoke with Bush and former President Bill Clinton Sunday night to inform them of the developments.

The president struck a less than boastful tone in his brief announcement, although he said the death of bin Laden was "the most significant achievement to date in our nation's effort to defeat al-Qaida.

"His death does not mark the end of our effort. There's no doubt that al-Qaida will continue to pursue attacks against us. We must and we will remain vigilant," he added.

Moments after Obama spoke, the State Department put U.S. embassies on alert and warned of the heightened possibility for anti-American violence. In a worldwide travel alert, the department said there was an "enhanced potential for anti-American violence given recent counterterrorism activity in Pakistan."

____

Associated Press reporter Kimberly Dozier contributed to this story..
GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE!!!!

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 8:18 am

America. FUCK YEAH
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 8:52 am

I put my flag out today! This should be a national holiday.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 9:37 am

yes if anything we as Americans should celebrate the death of a man and dance in the streets to show those bloodthirsty Arabs that freedom isn't about dancing in the streets and burning American flags in celebration of a successful attack on good freedom-loving Americans.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 12:41 pm

FUCK YES ITS ABOUT GODDAMN TIME!

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 1:18 pm

BlackRoija wrote:yes if anything we as Americans should celebrate the death of a man and dance in the streets to show those bloodthirsty Arabs that freedom isn't about dancing in the streets and burning American flags in celebration of a successful attack on good freedom-loving Americans.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 2:13 pm

BlackRoija wrote:yes if anything we as Americans should celebrate the death of a man and dance in the streets to show those bloodthirsty Arabs that freedom isn't about dancing in the streets and burning American flags in celebration of a successful attack on good freedom-loving Americans.

If Al-Qaeda has a flag, I'll gladly burn it and dance on its charred remnants. Know where I can get one?

Edit: Apparently this is it.

Printer? Check.
Matches? Check.

doubledogpaleale

Post by doubledogpaleale » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 3:48 pm

Moloc wrote:

If Al-Qaeda has a flag, I'll gladly burn it and dance on its charred remnants. Know where I can get one?

Printer? Check.
Matches? Check.
Well i try to do this with all flags :D
Who Dies Wins

egg yolkeo

Post by egg yolkeo » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 5:31 pm

"Some Muslims upset over burial at sea
Other Muslims unconcerned with bin Laden burial
Updated: Monday, 02 May 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 02 May 2011, 4:13 PM EDT

WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Some Muslim clerics say that it is a violation of Islamic tradition to bury Osama bin Laden's body in the sea.

The standard Muslim practice is placing the body in the grave with the head pointed toward the Holy city of Mecca."

You believe this shit!Like he deserves some respectful burial.
They should have shot him in the legs/arms to immobilize him then cut his head off while he was still alive and taken a picture of someone holding it followed by burning the body and proceeding to drag it behind a humvee for good measure.

Odinson666

so ...

Post by Odinson666 » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 6:22 pm

... my friend who is one of the head writers at cnn texted me - this is a false flag event
while i personally think , it is the smartest move on the part of the Obama administration , as it kick starts the real estate market with every one who believes this going out to buy Texas swamp land

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 6:38 pm

egg yolkeo wrote:You believe this shit!Like he deserves some respectful burial.
They should have shot him in the legs/arms to immobilize him then cut his head off while he was still alive and taken a picture of someone holding it followed by burning the body and proceeding to drag it behind a humvee for good measure.
American justice, to teach those brown towelheaded bastards that senseless killing and blowing shit up is wrong. A savage, violent culture in need of some good American values to be instilled in them.
Odinson666 wrote:... my friend who is one of the head writers at cnn texted me - this is a false flag event
while i personally think , it is the smartest move on the part of the Obama administration , as it kick starts the real estate market with every one who believes this going out to buy Texas swamp land
your genius is unparalleled.

doubledogpaleale

Post by doubledogpaleale » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 7:05 pm

BlackRoija wrote:
egg yolkeo wrote:You believe this shit!Like he deserves some respectful burial.
American justice, to teach those brown towelheaded bastards that senseless killing and blowing shit up is wrong. A savage, violent culture in need of some good American values to be instilled in them.
Who Dies Wins

lsaldana

Post by lsaldana » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 7:08 pm

I better quote Aus Rotten on this one:

"The crucifix and the flag are both the fucking same
They both represent dominance and control
Arrogant symbols displayed high about our heads
A constant reminder that you are being controlled

Religion and government are both the fucking same
They both are dominance and control
Arrogant dictators that keep your fears fed
A constant reminder that you are being controlled"

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 8:46 am

I posted this on I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS this morning:

After a day of reflection I realize I said some pretty bloodthirsty things on FB yesterday. I don't recant any of them, but I'm sobered to realize that such an ugly side of me exists. I'm going to strive to keep it in check. I realize that celebrating someone's death is as about as reptilian as one can get. Don't get me wrong--I'm glad Osama is dead, but I'm taking the flag back in the house now.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 11:14 am

Moloc wrote:I posted this on I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS this morning:

After a day of reflection I realize I said some pretty bloodthirsty things on FB yesterday. I don't recant any of them, but I'm sobered to realize that such an ugly side of me exists. I'm going to strive to keep it in check. I realize that celebrating someone's death is as about as reptilian as one can get. Don't get me wrong--I'm glad Osama is dead, but I'm taking the flag back in the house now.
I wish more people would react like this

I mean it's cool he's gone since he was one of the top 10 most horrible people on the planet but I'd figure in delivering "justice" to a man who helped orchestrate the mass murder of thousands of people maybe it's not so appropriate to party in the streets like we crave blood and death with as much lust as any hate-fueled terrorist organization. It's only America's "victory" in that it's a violent end to a symbolic revenge for an atrocity the dude already managed to commit. It really accomplishes nothing.

Like it just grosses me out to have seen that not 20 minutes after the announcement half of my I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS friends were singing the praises of the perfect and just United States of America and joining every "Osama is Dead 5/1/2011" and "World Hide and Seek Champion: 2001-2011" page cooked up as they could. Are people so dissatisfied with life that the death of a man, however despicable, is reason to rejoice?