Good places to eat

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon February 7th, 2005, 8:08 pm

Yeah my brother-in-law's dad knows the founder, (the captain) he lives in Jesup. For my sister's rehearsal dinner at the Pirates House in 1998, the food wasn't that great as I remember, but the ghost upstairs was. Since you haven't been there in many years, parts of it was torn down and it was closed for many a month during renovating it. But Spanky's on River Street is one of the best places to eat in Savannah. Have you been to the place?

Zane wrote:I have family in Savannah. I have also ate at Capt. Joes in Statesboro. When I was a kid, there was a seafood place in savannah called the Pirates House and it was great. I love the riverfront area, or at least i used to love as i have'nt been there in about 7 years. when I was in abwhore we played agig in sav. at the Velvet Elvis and ate at some cool cafe that served onion rings in a stack on a stick and you ordered by the foot. Best onion I have ever had.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sat February 12th, 2005, 5:01 am

Captain Joe's in Jesup is good, but the Dairy Ranch is better. There's a really good German place in Hinesville called Zum Rosenhof. I usually eat fast food, though. Zaxby's is by far my favorite, although there's an excellent sandwich shop called Baldino's locally.

Zane

Post by Zane » Mon February 14th, 2005, 7:58 pm

DarkWolfen wrote:Yeah my brother-in-law's dad knows the founder, (the captain) he lives in Jesup. For my sister's rehearsal dinner at the Pirates House in 1998, the food wasn't that great as I remember, but the ghost upstairs was. Since you haven't been there in many years, parts of it was torn down and it was closed for many a month during renovating it. But Spanky's on River Street is one of the best places to eat in Savannah. Have you been to the place?

Maybe my memories of the Pirates house is greater than the reality, hehe.
I haven't been to Savannah in three years. I am going this May for a family reunion with my wife and kids, so we may try to stop in by river Street.Haven't tried Spanky's yet, but I will.

necroodin

Fogao Guacho

Post by necroodin » Mon February 14th, 2005, 8:22 pm

I must reccomend Fogao Guacho off Windy Hill Road. A carnivore's paradise. A bit upscale but they didnt mind my stoned state or the vader shirt, but i had reservations so what are they gonna do? Meat prepared in sixteen varieties, all you can eat, brought and served on your plate whenever you flip this thing on your table that indicates its time to load the plate. They also bring you lamb, swordfish on the sword and salmon. They make good jack and cokes also. Expected to spend $50-60, so it's not a place to go all the time unless you're loaded, then I'd eat there everyday. You could become a super being with such luxuriant meat.

Chris

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu February 17th, 2005, 5:16 pm

There's a place like that on the north end of 285 called Fire of Brazil that's the same setup - all you can eat steak, lamb, chicken, sausage, bacon, etc for like 30 bucks, it's definitely something all of you should do at least once. I think there was a salad bar there amongst the blur of meat but I couldn't be bothered to check it out. There are other ones around the southeast as well I believe.

http://www.fireofbrazil.com/

You sit down and they give you a card that's red on one side and green on the other, red means stop, green means go. As long as your card is green waiters keep walking out from the kitchen with different cuts of meat and keep loading you up until you flip your card over to red and gorge yourself.

My friends and I save up enough to go eat there about once a month, it will fill you up for days and all the meat is delicious. Be sure you drink a lot of coke while eating to keep your stomach settled and be sure you have a plunger on hand by your toilet about 3 hours after you get back home because you are sure enough gonna test the threshold of not only your anus but the strength of your plumbing as well.

Hopefully through some random coincidence someone who works there will read this glowing recommendation of it (well, minus that last part) and offer me a free meal there.

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu February 17th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Greg wrote:Hopefully through some random coincidence someone who works there will read this glowing recommendation of it (well, minus that last part) and offer me a free meal there.
You probably would have had a comp meal until you started talking about their food and your anus in the same post...

VibrationsOfDoom

Savannah

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Wed May 4th, 2005, 6:40 pm

Man, I miss Savannah sometimes... The Boar's Head on River Street was one of the top 25 restaurants in the U.S. (I know because I used to work there) and man they had great seafood and it was a pretty upscale place... Some nice bar/eatery places on Tybee Island, so you could surf, get f-ed up, and go eat... I remember this one place on Tybee, can't remember what it's called now, simply because they changed the name after I left, but they had an upstairs balcony that you could overlook a large portion of the beach while you sucked down brews and ate... Cool place...

Man, sometimes I miss the place where I grew up... IT's not the same town anymore tho.