Good places to eat

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Good places to eat

Post by ratanda » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 1:46 pm

I just had jerk chicken with green beans and mac and cheese from Eats and that shit was gooooooooood!

BoB

Re: Good places to eat

Post by BoB » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 3:04 pm

ratanda wrote:I just had jerk chicken with green beans and mac and cheese from Eats and that shit was gooooooooood!
The pasta is good too! Eats == good.

Johnny's Pizza on Chesire Bridge is my favorite pizza (just had some for lunch). Beware the other Johnny's - I know the toco hills one sucks ass.

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 3:06 pm

favorite Italian: Alredo's on Cheshire Bridge. awesome food and you'll get a chance to sit beside real mobsters.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 3:51 pm

bobnoxious wrote:favorite Italian: Alredo's on Cheshire Bridge. awesome food and you'll get a chance to sit beside real mobsters.
Hahah cool!
Dude we need to get dim sum sometime!

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 5:24 pm

bobnoxious wrote:favorite Italian: Alredo's on Cheshire Bridge. awesome food and you'll get a chance to sit beside real mobsters.
Is that the place across from the Master's and in between the jack shacks? ;)

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 7:31 pm

ratanda wrote:Dude we need to get dim sum sometime!
Corner BBQ - Asian Square (I know you know)
Canton House - further south down Buford Highway
name the time!
Fn Dan wrote:
Is that the place across from the Master's and in between the jack shacks? ;)
Well how do you think it attracts so many mobsters???
It's good to see you know your way around on Cheshire Bridge - now you'll know where to eat too.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 8:28 pm

The best hot wings I've ever eaten in my life are at this place called Mo-Joes near my house, the best buffalo sauce I've ever eaten by far. I get wings from there at least twice a week.

Besides the one right outside of Stockbridge there's one in Forest Park and one in Morrow for those of you like me on the southside, and one somewhere in Atlanta.

Over in Snellville right when all that reversible lane stuff starts past Stone Mountain there's a place called Food Ease on the right that makes Ponko Chicken which is the greatest meal on the planet. I've made the 30-minute trip from Tech to there I don't know how many times for it, and jsut thinking about how good it is is making me hungry right now.

As far as close to Tech that mom and pop diner on 14th street is pretty good food too, I think it's called Country Kitchen or something like that. They give you huge portions for the price you pay.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri February 4th, 2005, 5:17 am

The best BBQ I have ever had is at Williamson Bros. BBQ about a mile from the Big Chicken on Roswell Rd.

Biggest and best fuckin' ribs in town!

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri February 4th, 2005, 4:08 pm

DarkWolfen wrote:The best BBQ I have ever had is at Williamson Bros. BBQ about a mile from the Big Chicken on Roswell Rd.

Biggest and best fuckin' ribs in town!
I've heard of that place, but never been.
Fat Matt's bbq is really fuckin good.

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Fri February 4th, 2005, 8:05 pm

Canton Cooks is a place just outside where 285 intersects Roswell Rd that is really good

you cant ever go wrong with quiznos either

slowfinger

Post by slowfinger » Sat February 5th, 2005, 2:29 am

wheres the best hot wings?

Zane

Post by Zane » Sun February 6th, 2005, 7:42 pm

My fave hot wings are at Wild Wing Cafe in Marietta. I've never had any better in the past 10 years.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon February 7th, 2005, 12:32 am

they just built a wild wings in cumming. I dont eat wings too much but I really like the ones from some local place here call Roosters. My friend's parent's own it and it is really good.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon February 7th, 2005, 6:47 am

Another place, if you ever want to impress a chick or just want the tenderest steak for about $35, its Stoney River in Roswell, its at the corner of Holcomb Bridge Rd and Alpharetta Hwy. Their steaks are like the size of about 3 decks of cards. Yum yum. But I warn you it is a kind of formal thing. They would probably kick you out if you wore blue jeans and a Cradle of Filth shirt. :mrgreen: The first time I went there I felt like Frodo leaving the Shire. :shock:

If you are ever down in Statesboro, on the line north of the city there is a place called Captain Joe's. Kind of expensive seafood, for two people to eat its about $25, but great quality.

There are alot of places in Savannah that are good to eat at but I think this thread was just based on the metro area. So I will leave it at that. :|

Zane

Post by Zane » Mon February 7th, 2005, 5:57 pm

I have family in Savannah. I have also ate at Capt. Joes in Statesboro. When I was a kid, there was a seafood place in savannah called the Pirates House and it was great. I love the riverfront area, or at least i used to love as i have'nt been there in about 7 years. when I was in abwhore we played agig in sav. at the Velvet Elvis and ate at some cool cafe that served onion rings in a stack on a stick and you ordered by the foot. Best onion I have ever had.