Waking Up Dead

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Fn Dan

Waking Up Dead

Post by Fn Dan » Mon February 7th, 2005, 3:28 pm

This film looks really intriguing, unfortunately I can't find any info about it at the usual film info places :P

http://www.wakingupdeadmovie.com

dickandbush

Post by dickandbush » Wed February 9th, 2005, 12:46 am

What do you want to know about it? I can fill in the blanks for you...I know some people that are working on it. I have seen an early cut and it will definately blow you away. It is so real and gritty. The trailer is good, but there is so much more you aren't seeing. There are pictures on the site now. From what I hear they are going to add some new clips every week or so.

dickandbush

Post by dickandbush » Thu February 10th, 2005, 9:16 pm

There will be a new trailer coming up soon!

dickandbush

Post by dickandbush » Wed February 16th, 2005, 6:42 pm

the film will be premiering at the Chicago International Documentary Festival in April.

dickandbush

Post by dickandbush » Tue February 22nd, 2005, 10:21 am

SKID ROW singer Johnny Solinger, ex-SAIGON KICK frontman Matt Kramer and F5, the new band formed by ex-MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson, are among the artists contributing material to the soundtrack of the movie "Waking Up Dead", starring former SAIGON KICK/SKID ROW drummer Phil Varone. Also set to appear on the soundtrack are FIVESPEED, LITHIUM, BEFORE BRAILLE, Randy Coleman and Bonnie McKee.

Director Fabio Jafet explains the selection process: "This was such a personal project for us that we decided to keep it in the 'family.' We asked our close friends if they wanted to participate and the response was incredible." She added, "We also wanted tracks that people haven't heard before and to also give some exposure to some of these up-and-coming artists."

David Ellefson of F5 is one of the few artists that have seen a cut of the actual film and has contributed the group's new single, "Dissidence", to the movie.

"'Waking Up Dead' does a great job of portraying the irony that is stardom's illusive promise of money, fame and power only to have it boomerang back and cut so many artists to shreds," Ellefson stated.

Film And Music Entertainment, Inc. announced last month that it had acquired the worldwide distribution rights to "Waking Up Dead". The gripping and gritty feature-length documentary by nine-time regional Emmy Award winner Jafet follows the life of Varone. Filmed over four years, "Waking Up Dead" documents the highs and lows of the underground, alternative and heavy metal worlds and how they conspire to destroy the families, careers and the very lives of the rock musicians on whom they depend.

Varone, co-producer and the musician whose life the film chronicles, commented, "For all of those people over the years who have asked about the glamour of the rock and roll life, the unvarnished answer is 'Waking Up Dead'!"