New to the Area

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Fri July 15th, 2011, 12:45 pm

the heat isn't much better at times, but welcome to atlanta...where the playas play. or however that bullshit rap song goes.

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Fri July 15th, 2011, 3:08 pm

slut rag wrote:where the playas play
heyyyyyyyll yeaaaaaaahuhhhhghhhh

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat July 16th, 2011, 8:51 pm

Valhalla awaits wrote:
n what brought me to the dirty south metalfreak was the shitty ass cold, tightly packed north and all the bullshit that goes along with it lol
lol yeah a bunch of my godfather's family moved from Connecticut to Florida just in the past year for the same reasons.

We moved because back in '94 the economy was so bad and my dad had no work. He installs floors and back then the economy was great down here. He moved down here first for a year, and then moved the rest of us in 95 (my mom and 2 brothers).

The heat can be fuckin insane but after going through the cold back in January, it reminded me the cold sucks. You might have seen it on the news...all of our roads were completely iced over for several days and trucks were stuck on I-20 for 24 hours straight because they simply couldn't move on the ice...some jackknifed blocking the highway too. I didn't drive for 4 days and had to walk 2 miles to the gas station (we already had lots of food, I went for beer lol) Yeah, the last time we saw cold & ice like that was back in 2000 when we had the ice storm. You're lucky because it'll probably be another 10 years before something like that happens again!

Odinson666

well

Post by Odinson666 » Sat July 16th, 2011, 9:00 pm

i think i prefer the cold, i thought it was nice walking to the gym on dark iced roads listening to Tyr and Dissection, now its so hot i don't wanna be outside for a min more than i have to and i moved here ten yrs ago from venice beach

Valhalla awaits

Post by Valhalla awaits » Sun July 17th, 2011, 1:15 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
Valhalla awaits wrote:

We moved because back in '94 the economy was so bad and my dad had no work. He installs floors and back then the economy was great down here. He moved down here first for a year, and then moved the rest of us in 95 (my mom and 2 brothers).

The heat can be fuckin insane but after going through the cold back in January, it reminded me the cold sucks. You might have seen it on the news...all of our roads were completely iced over for several days and trucks were stuck on I-20 for 24 hours straight because they simply couldn't move on the ice...some jackknifed blocking the highway too. I didn't drive for 4 days and had to walk 2 miles to the gas station (we already had lots of food, I went for beer lol) Yeah, the last time we saw cold & ice like that was back in 2000 when we had the ice storm. You're lucky because it'll probably be another 10 years before something like that happens again!
yeah its sucks up there, for what im in, payin 480 for now, id be paying about 650-700 a month

n ha yeah i did hear about that and all i could do was laugh. ivm very used to driveing around on roads completly covered with packed snow in the middle of storms, thats the best time to get your E-brake turns in lol
"We are complicated things, and the world, is a fucking complicated place. im surprised i dont have a bloody nose from just thinkin bout it."

Valhalla awaits

Re: well

Post by Valhalla awaits » Sun July 17th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Odinson666 wrote:i think i prefer the cold, i thought it was nice walking to the gym on dark iced roads listening to Tyr and Dissection, now its so hot i don't wanna be outside for a min more than i have to and i moved here ten yrs ago from venice beach
this is very true, i do think ill missed being fucked up in the snow to moosorrow or tyr
"We are complicated things, and the world, is a fucking complicated place. im surprised i dont have a bloody nose from just thinkin bout it."

Knucklehead

Re: well

Post by Knucklehead » Mon July 18th, 2011, 10:37 am

Valhalla awaits wrote:
Odinson666 wrote:i think i prefer the cold, i thought it was nice walking to the gym on dark iced roads listening to Tyr and Dissection, now its so hot i don't wanna be outside for a min more than i have to and i moved here ten yrs ago from venice beach
this is very true, i do think ill missed being fucked up in the snow to moosorrow or tyr
It doesn't really get cold here. There will be a spell where it will get down to the teens or single digits over night, but mostly it is 35 and damp. I'm not sure what part of Massachusetts you are from, but that is just nasty weather in my book. I'd prefer 5 degrees back home anyday over 35 here.

The heat, on the other hand, is very real. Alhtough it has been relatively pleasant lately, the heat generally starts in May and goes through October. I thought I was going to die the first summer that I was here.

Valhalla awaits

Post by Valhalla awaits » Mon July 18th, 2011, 1:01 pm

i do feel like im dieing sometimes shits ridiculous.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon July 18th, 2011, 3:45 pm

I lived in South Florida the first 10 years of my life so I'll always prefer being hot. I'm so glad it's finally getting hot in Georgia now.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon July 18th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Jack's is pretty much my regular Saturday night hang out and I think it's always a blast. Super, super cheap drinks, metal heads behind the bar, and I personally think it still has a pretty raging crew for Saturday night. I've been out of town for a few weeks and definitely in withdrawl, so my Saturday's pretty much set.

Highlander's been mentioned also. Definitely my number two spot. Monday nights rule. Lots of veteran metal heads work the back bar and you'll run into at least one hessian any night of the week that will help shell out for the jukebox.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu July 21st, 2011, 12:47 am

A bit late to the thread but welcome to Atlanta! True, the heat sucks but it beats freezing. As a transplant from Up North (NY, CT, MA), I've been to both extremes.

And if you're pining for metal late on a Friday night and don't feel like turning on your iPod or putting a CD in, remember that WREKage is only a volume knob away. :) (It might be easier to turn on your iPod, though. :lol: )
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM