'Tis the season... for Haunted Houses

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

SlashAndThrash

'Tis the season... for Haunted Houses

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun October 9th, 2011, 5:31 pm

anyone been to any cool ones yet this year? Going tomorrow with some buds to Netherworld, heard it was awesome this year. Last year was killer so I can't wait!

Also want to check out Zombie Apocalypse this year, really bad, since i didn't last year.

Also definitely going to skip Chambers of Horror this year as that was the most retarded waste of money i can remember in my life, and I've paid to see Cradle of Filth.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon October 10th, 2011, 7:27 am

I went to Chamber of Horrors two years ago and it was straight retarded. Don't have any desire to go back.

Need to hit up Netherworld ASAP. Zombie Apocalypse, too.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Mon October 10th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Brian we got a group together for netherworld between 9 and 930 if you wanna come along
G.O.R.E.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Mon October 10th, 2011, 1:42 pm

I never been to Netherworld. I need to go sometime.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon October 10th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Generubin wrote:I never been to Netherworld. I need to go sometime.
DO IT.

I went on Saturday and it was pretty fuckin awesome but I'm biased since I did work there for 5 years straight (technically 6 since I worked a night this season lol) and it's one of the top haunted houses in the country! Seriously, it's worth your money lol

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue October 11th, 2011, 2:50 pm

Anybody checked out 13 Stories by Town Center Mall?

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue October 11th, 2011, 4:05 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:Anybody checked out 13 Stories by Town Center Mall?
I went there a few years ago. They charge almost as much as Netherworld and if you want your money's worth, go to Netherworld.

Maybe it's changed but 13 Stories sucked. The dude at the very beginning was awesome but it was all downhill from there. A chick 'crying' is NOT scary! Neither is a dude wearing a Slipknot mask...some dude was suspended by a cable...when we walked through he got stuck and the dude in the mask came out to pull him back LOL Yeah, it was pretty aweful.

Netherworld has a bunch of stunts...you'll see what I'm talking about when you go through. The actors who do them are in very good shape!

Netherworld is $20 for the main house and an extra $8 for the downstairs house. Both are definitely worth going through! Since I'm not working this year I don't have a bunch of coupons to give out but you can probably find them at random restaurants and stuff or in the Creative Loafing. It'll save you $8 Mon-Wed and $3 Thursday and Sunday...they're not valid on Fridays or Saturdays.

I really want to check out Zombie Apocalypse this year. I didn't get a chance to last year but the concept seems really neat. Anyone go yet?

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue October 11th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Yeah I think I'll check out Netherworld at some point this year. I had a feeling 13 stories wasn't too good. Seems like they advertise themselves on things that "Might" happen but don't.

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed October 12th, 2011, 11:53 am

We went to "Night of the Comet" at Plaza and my husband won the raffle for two free tickets to Apocalypse. Which is hilarious because he is the LAST person in the whole city that would ever go. So me and the BFF are gonna hit it the 23rd. I'm meeting a few folks for Netherworld on the 25th. We've never done both parts before, so this year we got the combined tickets.

Another friend told me about Horror Hill in Newnan. They go every year and have fun, but it doesn't sound very scary and it's roughly an hour from my house, so I'm probably going to give that one a pass. But if you live out that way it sounds like it's worth checking out.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Wed October 12th, 2011, 2:10 pm

netherworld was seriously awesome but it got ruined by black girls for us, going really slow. they went so slow we caught up to them in about 10 seconds and every scare got wasted on them. They even let us do the second house again because it was such bullshit, and the guy put us in behind another group of black girls, only this time he waited for them to get about five minutes ahead. WELL 20 feet in to the house and i'm staring at an oversized ass and an undersized brain, and unfortunately those weren't just some scary props, it was black girls. ruined again. i hate black girls.
G.O.R.E.

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed October 12th, 2011, 4:28 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote: i hate black girls.
Do you hate big black dudes too? Cuz that's who I'm bringing to Netherworld with me. He's gonna be my offensive lineman. Only he thinks I'm running offense for him. He is incorrect.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Wed October 12th, 2011, 4:48 pm

black dudes power through the shit. its the girls. just the girls.
G.O.R.E.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Wed October 12th, 2011, 5:18 pm

I'm not trying to sound racist here but I probably will. I've noticed that black people walk so slow...I don't think they ever have anywhere to go. Ever. They just walk around.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Wed October 12th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Being thug takes too much energy. Walking with a purpose is for bitchass whiteboys.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:11 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:i'm staring at an oversized ass and an undersized brain
Sounds good to me!