What do we think about Black Sabbath reuniting?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Fri November 18th, 2011, 11:57 am

Can they do this @ Jack's?
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

Focalor

Post by Focalor » Fri November 18th, 2011, 5:26 pm

I personally think Ozzy should've probably followed through with his plans to retire after the No More Tears "No More Tours" tour. Seems like since that album his vocals have turned more and more to shit and nowadays he's using artificial vocal technology bullshit so much that you might as well just have a fucking robot with an Ozzy mask up there on stage. Ozzmosis was kinda "meh", it had it's unique qualities and good parts, but it seemed to mark a big turning point in his overall sound. After that, everything became pumped full of so much fluffy effect OVERprocessing that the old hard edged guitar sound that made it "metal" kinda dissipated from the foreground.

On one hand, Ozzy's always talked about trying to make his "Sgt. Pepper" album. Perhaps he still isn't personally satisfied with what he's done so far. But I doubt it. I think the more reasonable explanation as to why he'd drag his elderly ass back onto a stage is that his pimp Miss Sharon wants a few more million for a shopping trip. And Ozzy being the pussywhipped little bitch that he is isn't going to put his foot down and tell her NO.

Snowblind Sodomy

Post by Snowblind Sodomy » Sun November 20th, 2011, 12:08 am

Yeah, she owns his ass. And has pimped him out over and over again, with performances so sad they made me wish for his death, just so the cash cow can finally be put to pasture. But in the eighties...just imagine what shit she had to turn her cheek and pretend she didn't know about. Don't ever let your wife be your manager.
we smoked the teeth and hair of the wise man, that we might know as he does and share his sight

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun November 20th, 2011, 2:57 pm

INC9INC9INC9INC9
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Sun November 20th, 2011, 8:16 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:INC9INC9INC9INC9
suck

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun November 20th, 2011, 10:21 pm

stewvee wrote:Can they do this @ Jack's?
where's the like button?

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Tue November 22nd, 2011, 3:38 pm

I saw the original line up in 1999, it was great then but Ozzy was much healthier. Bill Ward hadn't touched a drum set for decades and was a bit more simplistic in his beats. I can't imagine this being any better. I bet Iommi and Butler rule, not expecting much from Ward or Osborne. Still though it's Black Sabbath, so I'm in.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue November 22nd, 2011, 4:42 pm

I haven't seen ANY US dates anywhere.

Focalor

Post by Focalor » Fri November 25th, 2011, 12:36 am

Snowblind Sodomy wrote:Yeah, she owns his ass. And has pimped him out over and over again, with performances so sad they made me wish for his death, just so the cash cow can finally be put to pasture. But in the eighties...just imagine what shit she had to turn her cheek and pretend she didn't know about. Don't ever let your wife be your manager.
Oh I don't for one second believe that she's ever been the praise-worthy little ever-faithful housewife and mother that she's painted herself up to be with that Osbournes reality show. She was more than likely doing her own fair share of hard partying and cock gobbling.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Fri November 25th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Focalor wrote:
Snowblind Sodomy wrote:Yeah, she owns his ass. And has pimped him out over and over again, with performances so sad they made me wish for his death, just so the cash cow can finally be put to pasture. But in the eighties...just imagine what shit she had to turn her cheek and pretend she didn't know about. Don't ever let your wife be your manager.
Oh I don't for one second believe that she's ever been the praise-worthy little ever-faithful housewife and mother that she's painted herself up to be with that Osbournes reality show. She was more than likely doing her own fair share of hard partying and cock gobbling.
She's the Yoko Ono of metal.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sat November 26th, 2011, 10:35 am

Sure Sharon is the devil, but does anyone think Ozzy would be alive, functional, productive and richer than God if it wasn't for her?

Honestly, I haven't paid him much attention since The Ultimate Sin and it's a real shame what's happened to the legacy of the Prince of Fucking Darkness, but I'm guessing he's pretty happy with his set up.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Sat November 26th, 2011, 10:48 am

badcarburetor wrote:Sure Sharon is the devil, but does anyone think Ozzy would be alive, functional, productive and richer than God if it wasn't for her?
That's a very good point. He's just barely alive though.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue January 17th, 2012, 1:18 pm

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WvRFRMJff-E?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WvRFRMJff-E?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>