What do we think about Black Sabbath reuniting?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Moloc

What do we think about Black Sabbath reuniting?

Post by Moloc » Thu November 17th, 2011, 1:09 pm

I don't see how they can pull it off. They're so old and feeble. Ozzy's gonna need a walker on stage. I saw part of the press conference on youtube wtih Henry Rollins introducing them. Even Henry's looking like and old dude trying to relive his faded youth. I don't want to see a nursing home version of Sabbath. I'd rather remember them from 40 years ago. Of course, I've never seen them live, so if they come anywhere near here I'll still go to see them and pay the $80 or whatever it's going to cost.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu November 17th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Remember seeing them perform on Live Aid when I was a kid and thinking, These guys suck. How long ago was that?

Why are they doing this? I doubt any of them are hurting financially. Seems to me if you rekindle relationships with former bandmates and want to rock, you could find any number of places to do it where it, uh, should be done, i.e., privately.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Thu November 17th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Reunions generally underwhelm me. Usually, they are little more than money grubs and the shows leave me bummed out that I wasted my time money and emotional investment. Ozzy has bummed me out since he started the purple Lennon specs thing. I think he's a good dude, he's just not pulling the reins. And he totally cannot sing anymore. That's probably a good reason to hang it up. The dual peace signs aren't *that* awe inspiring.

A new album is way unnecessary. No one is going to want to hear that shit live.

I think the main reason the other dudes are doing it because they want to play the big amphitheaters and pulling in Ian Gillan won't make that happen. Shame. Born Again is a top record.

I'm happy to support Bill Ward as that dude loves metal to this day and is still all about new bands. I may not agree with a lot of his taste, but I always think it's cool when older folks can still get jazzed on new shit. It's such a bummer when dudes like that are all, "I don't listen to those whippersnappers with their loud music. I only listen to Bob Dylan, Neil Young and classical."

I'll probably go. Not because I'm all about it, but because my husband and another friend will act like it's Christmas Day. It'll be a good night out.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu November 17th, 2011, 2:55 pm

I have mixed feelings... i'd like to see the original line up live and would probably do so if they come to town but Ward is old as fuck and I don't know how great of a performance it would be. Seeing Iommi live would be worth the ticket price alone though.

I have ZERO interest in the new album they're talking about though... it will never come remotely close to the perfection that is Sabotage, though I'll certainly give it a listen as Iommi can do no wrong.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Thu November 17th, 2011, 3:07 pm

don't care in the slightest.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Thu November 17th, 2011, 6:34 pm

stewvee wrote:Remember seeing them perform on Live Aid when I was a kid and thinking, These guys suck. How long ago was that?

You're fucking old
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Thu November 17th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Seems nice..... if only it was like, y'know.... well..................................................................... Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

InhumanCondition

Post by InhumanCondition » Thu November 17th, 2011, 7:47 pm

I prefer the Dio era by a tiny hair and the newer stuff from that showed that Tony and Geezer still have it. I'm sure Bill could pull it off. As for Ozzy, he maybe inconsistent now but he isn't totally fucked, vocally. I'm optimistic. Besides, Sabbath are my favorite band so I can't resist.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu November 17th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Generubin wrote:
stewvee wrote:Remember seeing them perform on Live Aid when I was a kid and thinking, These guys suck. How long ago was that?

You're fucking old
Careful.

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Thu November 17th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Rick Rubin has exploited plenty of octogenarians into making good-selling records -- I'm confident his magic will work again.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu November 17th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Holiday Rambler wrote:Rick Rubin has exploited plenty of octogenarians into making good-selling records -- I'm confident his magic will work again.
That AC/DC rec he did was good. What was it? Ballbreaker? Rubin just knows the SOUND. He's a fucking master.

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Fri November 18th, 2011, 12:35 am

HEAVY FUCKING METLAL!

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri November 18th, 2011, 9:01 am

They've aleady announced tour dates. Right now, it looks like it is mostly the European festival circuit.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Fri November 18th, 2011, 11:48 am

Knucklehead wrote:
Generubin wrote:

You're fucking old
Careful.
Yeah, and?

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri November 18th, 2011, 11:54 am

I'll still go.