Best Course for Piracy

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Peltacorpse

Best Course for Piracy

Post by Peltacorpse » Sat April 16th, 2005, 11:53 pm

Aaargghh! (fuckin' piracy...you'd think they would come up with a better term for it than that...just makes me laugh)

There was a point to this: who downloads a lot of their metal, and what networks should I look into installing, particularly Peer-to-peer downloading, that would offer me the most diverse choices for good metal?
America was asking for a water poop joke...I have served it.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun April 17th, 2005, 8:57 am

i use limewire, but it doesn't have the best user base for tons of metal. i have found some good stuff on it though, i found some weakling, destroyer 666, morbid angel, possessed.....etc.... really just depends on what time i'm on it i guess. overall i'm pleased with limewire.

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Sun April 17th, 2005, 10:35 am

Without a doubt best place is Soulseek. You can grab full cd's rather than misc loose songs , or grab the ones you want. Everything from Lord Gore to your euro metal. I even find out of print stuff all the time.
http://www.slsknet.org/

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Sun April 17th, 2005, 12:17 pm

DC++
like Soulseek but better. Same concept of hubs but the program has some better features and i've gotten faster downloads. Just search some metal hubs and you'll be in heaven.
I only download albums I already own of course.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun April 17th, 2005, 1:40 pm

I find p2p to be a pain in the ass. Instead I go to Russian mp3 sites like www.delit.net. That way you can download entire albums with ease. It used to work where you bought an MP3-Key, from a Canadian site, which gave you unlimited download access on various sites for a given period of time (~$10/month). Unfortunately that's disappeared. I'll post again once I find out a safe way to pay - I'd rather not give my credit card to the good mp3 peddlers in Russia...

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun April 17th, 2005, 7:10 pm

Mike wrote:DC++
like Soulseek but better. Same concept of hubs but the program has some better features and i've gotten faster downloads. Just search some metal hubs and you'll be in heaven.
I only download albums I already own of course.
LOL.

Peltacorpse

Post by Peltacorpse » Sun April 17th, 2005, 8:37 pm

soulvoid wrote:Without a doubt best place is Soulseek. You can grab full cd's rather than misc loose songs , or grab the ones you want. Everything from Lord Gore to your euro metal. I even find out of print stuff all the time.
http://www.slsknet.org/
I must also consider my wife, who likes a little bit of everything. Country, rap, pop...gag me.
And hey! Who has some good suggestions for my first handful of downloads???
America was asking for a water poop joke...I have served it.

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Mon April 18th, 2005, 4:57 pm

Direct Connect (get the DC++ client) is NO FUCKING DOUBT the best for finding metal. theres many metal hubs such as VomitCum that have 30+ TERABYTES of metal. its still a fairly underground p2p network and its great. anyone that thinks there is anything better hasnt tried DC++ or hasnt tried one of the hubs listed below.

EDIT: heres some really good hubs to connect to once you install DC++:

Vomitcum.no-ip.org : Port 421
grindcore.no-ip.org