thanks to Blaze for supporting WREK on a non-Wrekage day

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Fri June 10th, 2005, 9:27 am

Fn Dan wrote:
holly wrote:
Fn Dan wrote:I'm now on Mondays from 2pm-4pm. This past Monday, I played Slayer, Candlemass, Venom, and Anthrax, and no one at the station seemed to notice. Sweeeet.......
Haha, holy shit.
Were those station albums or ours?
They're our vinyl. A lot of our old vinyl though, was in regular rotation at one time. Besides, they said play more vinyl this summer...no problem. ;)
Mwooah ha ha ha!
I'm down for this.
They can take the metal CDs out of regualr programming, but they can't take our records away!

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri June 10th, 2005, 11:20 am

BoB wrote:
Fn Dan wrote: Besides, they said play more vinyl this summer...no problem. ;)
sweet! I may have to tune in for more daytime programming.
I intend to continue playing vinyl, probably not playing anything from our regualar RRR rotation. It's not all metal though, considering I played these bands in addition to what I mentioned before: Genesis, King Crimson, The Alan Parsons Project, ELO, Chicago, and even Nurse With Wound. I suppose it really was an abbreviated Stonehenge/WREKage, on a Monday. \m/

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri June 10th, 2005, 11:23 am

holly wrote:I'm down for this. They can take the metal CDs out of regualr programming, but they can't take our records away!
That reminds me, I found the High On Fire cd. It was lying on the desk...in engineering. No idea what Markus was doing with it in there, certainly not listening to it. I think he also took the "H" and red RRR sticker off of it. Nevertheless, I"put" it back in rotation. No idea if it's still there. Lately, I've been thinking about doing some creative digitizing...hehehe

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Fri June 10th, 2005, 2:12 pm

Fn Dan wrote:
holly wrote:I'm down for this. They can take the metal CDs out of regualr programming, but they can't take our records away!
That reminds me, I found the High On Fire cd. It was lying on the desk...in engineering. No idea what Markus was doing with it in there, certainly not listening to it. I think he also took the "H" and red RRR sticker off of it. Nevertheless, I"put" it back in rotation. No idea if it's still there. Lately, I've been thinking about doing some creative digitizing...hehehe
WTF.
He is a shady fuck.

& Richard watches the digitization records like the digitization czar actually should.
He'd notice in two seconds.
LOL.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri June 10th, 2005, 2:45 pm

holly wrote:& Richard watches the digitization records like the digitization czar actually should.He'd notice in two seconds.LOL.
He wouldn't notice anything though, unless he actually listened to the digitized tracks. When the software loads the track information, it doesn't know what you're actually recording. So...unless someone noticed and complained...

It does give me an idea though...hey BoB...wanna digitize some "stuff"? ;) That one would have them scratching their heads for a while... :lol:

bid

Post by bid » Fri June 10th, 2005, 5:01 pm

Fn Dan wrote:It does give me an idea though...hey BoB...wanna digitize some "stuff"? ;) That one would have them scratching their heads for a while... :lol:
I have had requests like that before actually. When I used to sit at WREKage and get my digitizing count in for the month. everytime someone realized what I was doing.. they offered to "help"
bidyut

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Fri June 10th, 2005, 5:26 pm

Fn Dan wrote:
holly wrote:& Richard watches the digitization records like the digitization czar actually should.He'd notice in two seconds.LOL.
He wouldn't notice anything though, unless he actually listened to the digitized tracks. When the software loads the track information, it doesn't know what you're actually recording. So...unless someone noticed and complained...

It does give me an idea though...hey BoB...wanna digitize some "stuff"? ;) That one would have them scratching their heads for a while... :lol:
Ohhhhhhh.
I didn't know what you meant at first.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon June 13th, 2005, 7:51 am

I'm working this summer so no daytime shift for me.

Apparently I am missing out on a lot of good drama though.