Century Media's origins...

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

VibrationsOfDoom

Century Media's origins...

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Wed May 4th, 2005, 3:54 am

When I first started this music magazine of mine, oh, I think it was about 14 years ago, Century Media had JUST set up a U.S. office... I found out recently (proves I don't know EVERYTHING about metal!) that they actually put out some bands in the 80's! On CD even!!

DESPAIR "History Of Hate" 1988
LIAR "Nothing But The Truth" 1989

I tried to find an extensive discography listing on the internet but couldn't find much else... Anyone have any other early (before 1990) info on this? I thought this was fascinating, and I am not sure if this was the German office or the U.S. office that released these... They're both hard to find these days, though I will admit I didn't exactly check to see if the label still carries these...

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed May 4th, 2005, 3:26 pm

Chances are if there's something you don't know about 80's metal then it's a very long shot that anyone else here would. :P

VibrationsOfDoom

very funny...

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Wed May 4th, 2005, 6:35 pm

Very funny dude... I just thought it was unusual, because I remember that the first thing I ever got from Century Media was this In The Eyes Of Death CD sampler that had Tiamat, Grave, Morgoth, and the like on it. This was Tiamat's stuff that was on their "Sumerian Cry" album, back when they were still more black metal oriented... Right before "The Astral Sleep," their first album for Century Media, ever came out... Anyway...

Will hopefully have both of those records on the site very soon... They're kinda interesting...