New Obituary song!!!

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

New Obituary song!!!

Post by Matt » Sun May 8th, 2005, 5:34 pm

Roadrunner Records posted an mp3 of a new Obituary song called "Insane". I am a huge fan of the first 3 Obituary albums, and this song is actually in the same vein as cause of death/end complete era obituary.

http://www.roadrun.com/shared/downloads ... Insane.mp3

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun May 8th, 2005, 10:58 pm

i like it! and i agree, it has an end completeesque sound.

i've always admired how obituary can make really simple music sound great. in metal sometimes we get too caught up in technical acrobatics and it takes away from the feel of the music.....obituary has always played really simple stuff but they establish a good feeling and theme to their songs.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon May 9th, 2005, 2:19 pm

We did an interview with Jonh Tardy a while ago and he said stuff along the same lines, that the new stuff is gonna be the Obituary we all know and love.

Look for us to air it once we actually get the album in.

BoB

Post by BoB » Mon May 9th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Yeah it's a lot like World Demise/End Complete. but still better than a lot of the other new material I hear coming from bands.
BlazeTSU wrote: in metal sometimes we get too caught up in technical acrobatics and it takes away from the feel of the music.....obituary has always played really simple stuff but they establish a good feeling and theme to their songs.
You've got that right! not only can complexity fuck up a song's feel but so can speed. I've tried to touch on that before but you've worded it well here.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 9th, 2005, 3:41 pm

id say its the most like the end complete. me not being a fan of world demise would make me have to disagree that it sounds like that. i think it sounds the most like end complete / cause of death era obituary. Cause of death is untouchable though. i dig the new song.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon May 9th, 2005, 11:44 pm

not a fan of world demise??? why not?????? thats my favorite of all obituary albums. eventhough it has the same riff in every song. i've actually freaked myself out listening to world demise while being parked alone in the woods at 3 am trying to catch some mofo's slashing a buddies tires.

tardy's vocals are great!!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 10th, 2005, 10:02 am

BlazeTSU wrote:not a fan of world demise??? why not?????? thats my favorite of all obituary albums. eventhough it has the same riff in every song. i've actually freaked myself out listening to world demise while being parked alone in the woods at 3 am trying to catch some mofo's slashing a buddies tires.

tardy's vocals are great!!!!

I dont know why, but I cant really get into World Demise anymore. Even though it was the first Obituary CD i bought, and one of the first death metal cds I bought, when i was probably 12 or 13. I just cant compare it with Cause of Death. I really need to give it another listen now that you mention it.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue May 10th, 2005, 9:59 pm

its just such a heavy album. it pounds the whole way through. it had a heavier feel than any of their other stuff had at the time. they slowed it down and just played that super heavy, darksounding groove. i love it.