they just showed DAY OF THE DEAD on the sci-fi channel

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

they just showed DAY OF THE DEAD on the sci-fi channel

Post by BlazeTSU » Sat June 11th, 2005, 12:17 pm

i just got through watching DAY OF THE DEAD on the sci-fi channel. i only got to see a little of it but it struck me strange that they were showing it on cable. its such a gory movie that they couldn't show half of it. what good is DAY OF THE DEAD without seeing the dissected zombie torsos, heads being eaten off and people pulled in half?

now they are showing ARMY OF DARKNESS and at 3 they will be playing RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 3! its nice to sleep in on a saturday and awaken to horror saturday on scifi

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon June 13th, 2005, 7:54 am

Wake me up when they decide to show Redneck Zombies on there.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Mon June 13th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Greg wrote:Wake me up when they decide to show Redneck Zombies on there.
Wow you've seen that? That movie is terrible

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon June 13th, 2005, 6:12 pm

If by terrible you mean fucking amazing then you're right.

I swore off eating meatball sandwiches for like a year because they always reminded me of the zombie guts in that movie. Not only that but it's full of powerfully moving social commentary the likes of which big-time Hollywood films are scared to address, such as homosexuality within the zombie ranks and the pain of racial discrimination felt when that hillbilly refuses to let the black dude piss in his pond, and the objectification of women personified in the "I like knockers" scene.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Mon June 13th, 2005, 6:26 pm

Greg wrote:If by terrible you mean fucking amazing then you're right.

I swore off eating meatball sandwiches for like a year because they always reminded me of the zombie guts in that movie. Not only that but it's full of powerfully moving social commentary the likes of which big-time Hollywood films are scared to address, such as homosexuality within the zombie ranks and the pain of racial discrimination felt when that hillbilly refuses to let the black dude piss in his pond, and the objectification of women personified in the "I like knockers" scene.
Wow.
:lol:

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon June 13th, 2005, 6:32 pm

haha, redneck zombies! i honestly thought that my wife and i were the only people on the planet to actually see it! a handful of people know about it but no one has ever actually seen it

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon June 13th, 2005, 7:05 pm

For anyone yet to bear witness to the unbelievable glory and majesty of Redneck Zombies, check this out:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/redneck ... index.html

Hell check out the whole badmovies.org site, I don't know how many hours I've logged looking at all the goofy stuff on there.

Zane

Post by Zane » Mon June 13th, 2005, 9:08 pm

Dude! me and a buddie got drunk and watched that one night! It's no better even then. I used to own it and would fool friends into watching it, I'd tell them "this movie is the coolest thing ever"and they would be soooo pissed ! It's a Troma classic! If you liked that, check out "Street Trash" or "Evil Clutch".

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Mon June 13th, 2005, 10:30 pm

Greg wrote:For anyone yet to bear witness to the unbelievable glory and majesty of Redneck Zombies, check this out:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/redneck ... index.html

Hell check out the whole badmovies.org site, I don't know how many hours I've logged looking at all the goofy stuff on there.
Greg, That site is awesome , I can't beleive I had never heard of it , all kinds of wav files for my cell phone , got some great clips on my Nextel now , lol.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue June 14th, 2005, 8:33 pm

soulvoid wrote: Greg, That site is awesome , I can't beleive I had never heard of it , all kinds of wav files for my cell phone , got some great clips on my Nextel now , lol.
Haha yep, just about every single movie reviewed on there has both sound and movie clips.

I also recommend checking out the pages for Tromeo and Juliet, Crippled Masters, and Story Of Ricky, but by far the best movie on the site is Petey Wheatstraw: The Devil's Son-In-Law, which is about Dolemite marrying the devil's daughter. It also has quite possibly the greatest movie screenshot ever recorded in the history of man, and I quote:

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed June 29th, 2005, 10:48 pm

Ah zombies, anybody seen the new zombie flick yet, Land of the Dead,
I want to myself, there's always a weekend for gore and zombies!

"BRAINS....BRAINS...." :lol:

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Wed July 13th, 2005, 12:34 am

DarkWolfen wrote:Ah zombies, anybody seen the new zombie flick yet, Land of the Dead,
I want to myself, there's always a weekend for gore and zombies!

"BRAINS....BRAINS...." :lol:
I saw it a few weeks ago , I liked it pretty well , it's not the typical wave of horror kinda bullshit that wants to scare you with shit jumping out of the screen , I like Romero's style , he relys on gore , and gore and plot. Romero is a legend I still say nothing tops the original Night Of The Living Dead , but the 4th installment was still awesome. Probably my 3rd fave of the 4 though. 2 being Dawn Of The Dead (Original of course, not the hollywood remake bullshit)

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri July 15th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Cool, yeah the original NOTLD of 1968 era, the black and white sets it off, adds a certain antiquity to it, and so pretty wicked. :D

Yeah that remake was bullshit. :evil:
soulvoid wrote:I saw it a few weeks ago , I liked it pretty well , it's not the typical wave of horror kinda bullshit that wants to scare you with shit jumping out of the screen , I like Romero's style , he relys on gore , and gore and plot. Romero is a legend I still say nothing tops the original Night Of The Living Dead , but the 4th installment was still awesome. Probably my 3rd fave of the 4 though. 2 being Dawn Of The Dead (Original of course, not the hollywood remake bullshit)

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri July 15th, 2005, 5:41 pm

Which one is the one where the zombie stumbles into the moving helicopter blade and gets the top of his head chopped off?

That is seriously the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Fri July 15th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Greg wrote:Which one is the one where the zombie stumbles into the moving helicopter blade and gets the top of his head chopped off?

That is seriously the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Dawn of the Dead. The original. Yes that is hilarious.