looking for old demos

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Fri August 5th, 2005, 3:02 pm

When are you gonna bring them by BoB?
Or you could give them to me and Greg tonight. We'll be at Gigantour. Or at least outside it with flyers.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue August 9th, 2005, 5:58 am

I didn't see y'all outside with flyers. :evil:

--But that's okay. Sean from Ground Xero blazed a trail with flyers there -- apparently they don't mind people passing them out. I don't expect toooooo many tr00 kvlt metal moments at Gwinnett Center, but this fact could be handy at some future show there.

Bob, you didn't say where MMH actually was. No bonus point for you -- yet. :D

(The world "Hall" in connection with that venue is only appropriate when you append "way" after it. :D )

Andy

Post by Andy » Sat August 13th, 2005, 4:29 pm

yeah bob. when are you gonna go into the studio and kick some ass around so we can get wrekage back the way it was from 1990 - 1995. oops. (I caught holly and her friend last night hosting, what abunch of hogwash. whats gayer than having myspace links? pushing your ex-band's myspace url on college radio)

mp3's of the Nihilist demos would be better, i suppose.

Paul, I guess the venue that nihilist played with MDH at a past Midtown Fest was at the Somber reptile? damn I never made it to that venue for a show.

shouldve seen SOIA when they played there, im sure it was dynamite.
:wink:

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Sat August 13th, 2005, 6:41 pm

Andy wrote:yeah bob. when are you gonna go into the studio and kick some ass around so we can get wrekage back the way it was from 1990 - 1995. oops. (I caught holly and her friend last night hosting, what abunch of hogwash. whats gayer than having myspace links? pushing your ex-band's myspace url on college radio)

Paul, I guess the venue that nihilist played with MDH at a past Midtown Fest was at the Somber reptile? damn I never made it to that venue for a show.

How are myspace links gay? Myspace is one of the most useful things for a band right now.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun August 14th, 2005, 1:40 am

Andy wrote:yeah bob. when are you gonna go into the studio and kick some ass around so we can get wrekage back the way it was from 1990 - 1995. oops. (I caught holly and her friend last night hosting, what abunch of hogwash. whats gayer than having myspace links? pushing your ex-band's myspace url on college radio)

That's my HUSBAND, dickbag.
What exactly is lame about plugging your friends' bands?
MySpace profiles are probably more effective than websites these days...

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon August 15th, 2005, 4:23 am

Andy wrote: Paul, I guess the venue that nihilist played with MDH at a past Midtown Fest was at the Somber reptile? damn I never made it to that venue for a show.
No, actually it was the Midtown Music Hall. If you go to the Highlander (the bar) off Monroe Dr., walk inside to the back. There's a door to the right that leads to what is now an extra room for the bar. Years ago it was a small concert venue. (!)

I think the Complacent Iguana-- err, Somber Reptile was bigger than this room, and that's sayin' something. :!:

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue August 16th, 2005, 11:04 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:Bob, you didn't say where MMH actually was. No bonus point for you -- yet. :D
At the Ho-lander. now gimme back my bonus point!

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu August 18th, 2005, 4:26 am

Well, okay-y-y-y-y-y-y-y. Even though I already posted the answer above. :)

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu August 18th, 2005, 3:05 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:Well, okay-y-y-y-y-y-y-y. Even though I already posted the answer above. :)
oh, I was supposed to read the rest of the thread? damn.. ok, bonus points for using the good knickname for the place.
holly wrote:MySpace profiles are probably more effective than websites these days...
Just curious but what do you mean by 'more effective'?

back to the point. I'll drop the tapes off at the station sometime soon tho probably not during the show.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri August 19th, 2005, 8:41 am

shit- if the station is running on automation, will I be able to drop off material?

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Fri August 19th, 2005, 11:14 am

BoB wrote:shit- if the station is running on automation, will I be able to drop off material?
good question. because its the summer most likely not. depends what time though. if its at night a specialty show should be there, during the day the student organization front office isn't even there.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu September 1st, 2005, 11:00 am

http://forum.atlantametal.net/viewtopic.php?t=833 for whoever was wanting the demos.

Andy

Post by Andy » Sat September 10th, 2005, 4:53 pm

ehh myspace pages is kind of like the trend of when DVD's were popular some 4 or 5 years after dvds were made. and maybe people just trashed their vcrs and vhs tapes. same parallelism to a band's website to myspace sites. that may not have made since

thanks for the rips Mike, Bob and whoever else helped in getting the demos up.