Forum changes & suggestions

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu June 7th, 2012, 9:24 am

Brian wrote:Pretty much like a localized Metal-Archives?
Pretty much, yeah.

We'd have to decide on what the stipulations are on a band being eligible to be added.

Do they have to be based in the Atlanta area? Or just Georgia in general?

If they're based somewhere else in Georgia but play Atlanta a bunch are they eligible?

Do they have to be "metal" or are bands like In Ruins and Dernier Combat eligible?

Should we do the same stipulation as M-A that you have to have a physical release to be eligible or since it's local maybe have the stipulation be that you have to have played at least one show OR have a physical release to be added?

Thoughts?
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Thu June 7th, 2012, 2:14 pm

i think that since metal-archives is just that - an archive of all metal, the "physical release" thing flies over there. But here, I think just playing a show should be enough.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Thu June 7th, 2012, 2:16 pm

as well as In Ruins and Dernier Combat, I could deal with In Ruins being on it because they're super heavy, and I think a band like Dernier Combat could work since it features Matt from Living Decay, but other than that I say keep metal metal
G.O.R.E.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu June 7th, 2012, 2:19 pm

I agree. Mostly I just want to keep the bedroom/bullshit stuff outta here.

I feel like if you're not putting out a physical release or playing shows then it's probably not something worth remembering or keeping a record of here.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Thu June 7th, 2012, 2:21 pm

but I should also say I think Stickies on the "bands" section is AOK with me, or honestly just leaving it how it is
G.O.R.E.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu June 7th, 2012, 2:23 pm

having stickies for the specific band threads would be nice in the meantime for sure.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu June 7th, 2012, 2:37 pm

There's some stuff in the works that'll be made known soon.

I doubt there will be specific criteria. It'll just be up to the better judgment of Tommy, Amanda, and myself. Not looking to take the fun out of AtlantaMetal or make it a regional M-A -- the board is definitely going to stay the same for the most part. At most, just a new subforum.

And yeah, physical media OR a show is fine. Can't have WAC creeping up in there.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu June 7th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Some forums use Tapatalk. It's not bad at all.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Sun June 17th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Thanks for all the hard work, y'all. As cool as this place is, it will benefit from some sprucing up.

Would it be possible to change the event calendar into a real calendar format and make it a bit more visible on the front page? I really want to use it as resource more easily and quickly. I think it would bring in more user traffic (and possibly solid forum members) if it jumped out a bit more.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Wed June 20th, 2012, 12:45 pm

oh hey an important suggestion:

give users the option to delete their own topics.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Fri June 22nd, 2012, 1:52 pm

BlackRoija wrote:oh hey an important suggestion:

give users the option to delete their own topics.
G.O.R.E.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri June 22nd, 2012, 2:17 pm

As far as I know, that isn't really possible without giving users the option to delete other people's topics too. You all know i'm on this site more than I go to the bathroom, just send me a message if you wanna delete something.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri July 6th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Lots of suspicious acocunts being created lately. I have yet to see any open posts, but suspect private message spam. Please let us know here on this thread (or PM Brian or myself) if you recieve any unsolicited private messages that are obviously bogus and we will fucking smite them with the phpBB dildo of The Whore of Babylon.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sun July 8th, 2012, 2:18 pm

I have received multiple unsolicited private messages from some forumite under the moniker "Albert Kagan." I expect swift and vigilant justice.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun July 8th, 2012, 5:27 pm

melkor wrote:I have received multiple unsolicited private messages from some forumite under the moniker "Albert Kagan." I expect swift and vigilant justice.
:lol:

@Tommy - I know I'm a bit late but nice work on the upcoming shows thread!

All - now that I'm just over a month into training, I've found that I have a bit more free time. Not a whole lot but definitely more than I had a few weeks ago! (I had NONE then...holy fuck it was nonstop from 5am to 11pm :shock: ) so I can help monitor shit around here again. :mrgreen:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???