Forum changes & suggestions

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Brian
WREKage Staff

Forum changes & suggestions

Post by Brian » Thu May 31st, 2012, 4:00 am

AtlantaMetal's a great site, but things have remained the same for quite some time. We haven't really seen any real upgrades or changes in, well, ever. Now that Tommy, Amanda, and I have GodPowers, that doesn't have to be the status quo anymore. We've already discussed a few possible options, but 50 heads are better than 3. So, any suggestions for what you'd like to see to make this a better webspace for the Atlanta metal scene?

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Thu May 31st, 2012, 5:06 am

I'd like to be able to use an iPhone app to read the forum. All that pinching and stretching is a pain in the ass. There are several forum reader apps available: Forum Runner, Forum Reader, TouchBB Forum Reader, et. al., but they all require some code to be placed in the forum's guts somehow. With your god-like powers, can you do some code manipulation to make this possible?

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu May 31st, 2012, 8:29 am

Don't change anything. Ever.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu May 31st, 2012, 9:04 am

Make it to where Stan can only post once p/day.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Thu May 31st, 2012, 9:19 am

stewvee wrote:Make it to where Stan can only post once p/day.
:lol: :lol:

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu May 31st, 2012, 12:57 pm

Olga literally just asked me if there was an app for this forum. Think that's something we should look into!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

aaron

Post by aaron » Thu May 31st, 2012, 1:03 pm

Moloc wrote:I'd like to be able to use an iPhone app to read the forum. All that pinching and stretching is a pain in the ass. There are several forum reader apps available: Forum Runner, Forum Reader, TouchBB Forum Reader, et. al., but they all require some code to be placed in the forum's guts somehow. With your god-like powers, can you do some code manipulation to make this possible?
This, or at least a decent mobile site.

And more board styles would be nice. Preferably one that has a fixed width because on a widescreen monitor, the lines get really long

Also what about separate boards for upcoming and past concerts? Threads could get moved to the past shows board afterwards. It would de-clutter that section and make quickly viewing upcoming shows easier. If most people just use wrekage or whatever to keep track of upcoming shows, then disregard this.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Thu May 31st, 2012, 1:21 pm

Here's a few items from my Dream List:
  • Mods pro-actively merge similar threads so that there aren't two - or more - threads on the same show, record, etc...

Photo avatar are required so that kids who wanna play act tough have real world accountability.

Change the name of the Concerts board to Shows - everytime I read that I feel like my 75 year old Mom is talking.
More to come, I'm sure.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Thu May 31st, 2012, 1:38 pm

change "member" under my name to WREKage staff like Brian has

that's all.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu May 31st, 2012, 2:12 pm

badcarburetor wrote: Photo avatar are required so that kids who wanna play act tough have real world accountability.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue June 5th, 2012, 7:31 am

no mosh no core no fun maybe mobile

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue June 5th, 2012, 7:40 am

Frankly, I like the old school look and feel of the board. Reminds me of ... stuff from a long time ago.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue June 5th, 2012, 8:01 am

Yeah, I definitely like shit being nice and simplistic... I'm sure mobile would be nice for people with fancy phones so that'd def be something to look into.

I think the photo avatar thing would be a pain to enforce since there's nothing stopping new folks from just putting up a picture of some random person and no one would know... though I do like the idea. Just seems like ti would be a nightmare for those that had to try and enforce it.

I've always liked the "spoiler" feature that's on some boards (think it was recently added to M-A) for comedic effect and also to hide pictures if theres an abundance of them in a single post or whatever.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue June 5th, 2012, 8:06 am

Anonymity will never be sacrificed to the gods of pit beef.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue June 5th, 2012, 8:07 am

Knucklehead wrote:Frankly, I like the old school look and feel of the board. Reminds me of ... stuff from a long time ago.
Yep, I do too. Not interested in SCADifying the board. Just testing the waters to see if anyone has any ideas to lead to better promotion, more collaboration, that kinda junk.