Atlanta Days of the Dead 2/1-2/3

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Atlanta Days of the Dead 2/1-2/3

Post by Diana » Fri January 4th, 2013, 7:42 am

http://www.daysofthedead.net/atlanta/

I went to this last year, but I only went for Sunday and I felt like I missed a lot. So I took Saturday off this year and I'm going for both days. Mostly to see if Tony Todd will be nice to me this time because he was kind of a jerk at Dragon*Con. Anyhoo, I hope this thing eventually develops into an around-the-clock event that saps my money and kills my liver like D*C does every year. But for now I'm just happy it exists. I found a Guinea Pig "Flower of Flesh and Blood" DVD last year! Hooray!

Also it's not in Peachtree City this time, which is a bonus (for me). It's at the Sheraton on Courtland. It will be interesting to see the Sheraton sober... not sure that's ever happened before. :(

badcarburetor

Re: Atlanta Days of the Dead 2/1-2/3

Post by badcarburetor » Fri January 4th, 2013, 10:06 am

Diana wrote: It will be interesting to see the Sheraton sober... not sure that's ever happened before. :(
And what makes you think it will happen this time?
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri January 4th, 2013, 10:26 am

No hotel room. :(

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Fri January 4th, 2013, 2:38 pm

I went Saturday last year and I assure you, ya didn't miss jack squat, it sucked. Hopefully this years will be better, since its actually in Atlanta this time I imagine attendance will be way up.... i hope
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri January 4th, 2013, 5:06 pm

I hope so too. All I wanted from last year was Laurence Harvey's autograph, and that mission was accomplished. But the place was hella dead and that hotel sucked balls. I have high enough hope this year to take Saturday off, but not enough to plan on rocking around the clock. I hope it grows into that.

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Sat January 5th, 2013, 5:49 am

I didnt got last year because it was too far of a drive and I was betting it was lame. I hope it is good now that it is much closer.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat January 5th, 2013, 6:52 am

JägerWolf wrote:I didnt got last year because it was too far of a drive and I was betting it was lame. I hope it is good now that it is much closer.
WOOT! Hit me when you get there and we'll compare notes. Maybe by then they will have something resembling a schedule. :(

--- Wait, I just realized you didn't actually say you were going. So I will alter my response: YOU SHOULD GO AND WE SHOULD WEAR MATCHING AZA SHIRTS. WOOOOOT BECAUSE WE ARE AWESOME.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu January 31st, 2013, 6:29 am

Tony Todd is out, the rat bastard. "Canceled due to work schedule." Sure, whatever Tony.

I will be there open to close Sat & Sun, and judging by this schedule, home comfortably in time for the Superbowl. Unless I am blackout drunk with Danny Trejo and Sid Haig by then. Cross your fingers for me.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Thu January 31st, 2013, 1:48 pm

I'm sure whatever SyFy original he's attached to just wouldn't be the same without him
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu January 31st, 2013, 2:48 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:I'm sure whatever SyFy original he's attached to just wouldn't be the same without him
Quoted for truth.

Strange

Post by Strange » Fri February 1st, 2013, 2:36 pm

Diana wrote:Tony Todd is out, the rat bastard. "Canceled due to work schedule." Sure, whatever Tony.

I will be there open to close Sat & Sun, and judging by this schedule, home comfortably in time for the Superbowl. Unless I am blackout drunk with Danny Trejo and Sid Haig by then. Cross your fingers for me.
D'oh!

I'm hitting it up tonight. Couldn't do the whole weekend. Do me a favor and text me so I can get your # in my new phone. If I wind up there on Sat I'll hit you up.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Odinson666

So

Post by Odinson666 » Fri February 1st, 2013, 2:55 pm

I shall see you kids down there, heading over tonight be around til Sunday , if I don't head home before Sunday looks like I'll be wearing my Chelsea Wolfe to shirt and chambers o horror hoodie, in case I blend in with all the other bearded tattooed dudes

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri February 1st, 2013, 4:55 pm

I am totally jealous y'all are headed down there tonight.

Strange, one more thing: Tell Danny Trejo I will be there FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. I don't want him to worry. Thank you.

Strange

Post by Strange » Fri February 1st, 2013, 5:08 pm

Diana wrote:I am totally jealous y'all are headed down there tonight.

Strange, one more thing: Tell Danny Trejo I will be there FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. I don't want him to worry. Thank you.
You got it!

He's one of those people that I tend to think of as being absolutely nothing like his on-screen persona. Walking around a white picket fence neighborhood and helping old ladies with their groceries and shit... All smiles. Maybe even a hat that only a 70+ year old white person would wear. Yes. I just totally cracked myself up with that thought. haha
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Fri February 1st, 2013, 5:21 pm

I think that's pretty accurate. I saw a TERRIBLE documentary about pit bulls, tattooing and chips on shoulders or something that included a segment on him and his wife. Basically, he didn't say much at all and it's pretty much his wife's hobby. Still a cool thing for a famous dude to do.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson