Entombed -- Left Hand Path

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

Entombed -- Left Hand Path

Post by Knucklehead » Sat January 26th, 2013, 8:31 am

So Earache is re-releasing this monster on vinyl next month, but I can't find any information for preorder on either the N.A. or the Europe webshop.

Does anyone know anything about this? Has it already sold out?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sat January 26th, 2013, 11:34 am

Curious about that, too. Haven't seen any preorder (or really any news about this reissue at all for that matter). This doesn't seem like something Earache would sleep on though. Test pressing only went back to them this week I believe.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat January 26th, 2013, 2:28 pm

That Bolt Thrower album was made available for preorder back in October, I think. It looks like it is supposed to be released the week before the Entombed record and it sounds like they ordered a second run of black vinyl, because the demand was so high.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Sun January 27th, 2013, 8:54 pm

I saw on ebay that the release date was February 25th...Earache just this past week re-released Symponies of Sickness and started pre-orders 2 weeks or so before the release date, so I imagine it'll be a similar situation for this.

edit: It's already up on
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Left-Hand-Path- ... 928&sr=8-3 I ordered the Symphonies reissue through amazon uk,I belive it was actually cheaper than getting it through Earache but you don't have the option for fancy shmancy colored vinyl.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Mon January 28th, 2013, 9:44 am

there's an LP reish of Carcass' SOS? wtf...
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon January 28th, 2013, 9:48 am

stewvee wrote:there's an LP reish of Carcass' SOS? wtf...
Yes, but Earache has made it no secret that their LP reissues are just CD-sourced pressed to wax.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Mon January 28th, 2013, 10:57 am

goddamn then why bother? fuckin a.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon January 28th, 2013, 10:57 am

stewvee wrote:goddamn then why bother? fuckin a.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon January 28th, 2013, 11:17 am

I dunno about these others, but the SOS repress is supposed to be remastered from the original tapes in "full dynamic range" which SHOULD mean it won't be loud and compressed. Of course my friend sells me his original gatefold AFTER I buy this damn thing, so when it arrives I can do some comparisons.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon January 28th, 2013, 11:34 am

Brian wrote:Yes, but Earache has made it no secret that their LP reissues are just CD-sourced pressed to wax.
stewvee wrote:goddamn then why bother? fuckin a.
AmoebicDysentery wrote:I dunno about these others, but the SOS repress is supposed to be remastered from the original tapes in "full dynamic range" which SHOULD mean it won't be loud and compressed. Of course my friend sells me his original gatefold AFTER I buy this damn thing, so when it arrives I can do some comparisons.
What a bunch of dorks.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon January 28th, 2013, 7:31 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:I dunno about these others, but the SOS repress is supposed to be remastered from the original tapes in "full dynamic range" which SHOULD mean it won't be loud and compressed.
So is Realm of Chaos, by Bolt Thrower. I've heard competing claims about this FDR recording business. I'll be curious to see if you hear a difference.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Mon January 28th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Knucklehead wrote:
AmoebicDysentery wrote:I dunno about these others, but the SOS repress is supposed to be remastered from the original tapes in "full dynamic range" which SHOULD mean it won't be loud and compressed.
So is Realm of Chaos, by Bolt Thrower. I've heard competing claims about this FDR recording business. I'll be curious to see if you hear a difference.
why would earache source some reish from cds and others from the og tape? shit's unacceptable. if the tape exists, you have no excuse. last thing i want is an LP that sounds like a CD. get the fuck outta here.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue January 29th, 2013, 6:49 am

stewvee wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
why would earache source some reish from cds and others from the og tape? shit's unacceptable. if the tape exists, you have no excuse. last thing i want is an LP that sounds like a CD. get the fuck outta here.
"The main reason for using the CD to make the wax is not the convenience but familiarity. Many thousands of copies have been sold in the 2 decades since release, so that is the sound that fans are used to, we'd get complaints if the vinyls sounded any different I think."

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue January 29th, 2013, 8:35 am

Brian wrote:
stewvee wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
"The main reason for using the CD to make the wax is not the convenience but familiarity. Many thousands of copies have been sold in the 2 decades since release, so that is the sound that fans are used to, we'd get complaints if the vinyls sounded any different I think."
FUCK. THAT.

My eyes just rolled so hard I got a glimpse of my brain. What the fuck is the point of reissuing the RECORD if it's not the same source of the original?? What they're doing is closer to false advertising than a fucking reissue.

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE EARACHE
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue January 29th, 2013, 9:47 am

Ryan wrote:
Brian wrote:
stewvee wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
FUCK. THAT.

My eyes just rolled so hard I got a glimpse of my brain. What the fuck is the point of reissuing the RECORD if it's not the same source of the original?? What they're doing is closer to false advertising than a fucking reissue.

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE EARACHE
In their defense, that was for the first 4 Morbid Angel re-issues that were done about a year ago. For all I know, LHP could be straight from the tapes in Petrov's mom's basement.